Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Surprising curious football trivia

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

The 1923 FA Cup Final is the only major football match, where you can make the attendance to be anything you like.

It was officially about 126,000.   Others estimate it as 160,000.   Some estimate it as high as 200,000.   I've even see it listed as 300,000.  

Personally, I reckon it was over 500,000.   Nah, let's round it up and call it a million.

I hope that bloke that brought the horse with him paid twice 

Stan Milburn, City full back in the 50s scored the only joint own goal in FL history. 

Despite being a good club servant Milburn's time at Filbert Street is remembered as much for a unique occurrence when he and defensive partner Jack Froggatt both mishit a clearance simultaneously, thus registering the Football League's only occurrence of an own goal credited to two different players

9 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

There was a tv thing about this when i was a kid,with dennis waterman in it.....can't remember what it was called though.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51M4uj...

The World Cup: A Captain's Tale (TV Movie 1982) - IMDb

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And Sun Jihai.

50 minutes ago, Corky said:

Darius Vassell has been a team-mate of both Peter and Kasper Schmeichel.

Where’s the guy ranting about stats that sound cool but actually aren’t? They played for Man City about 3 years apart. 

Could be worse, could be West Ham:

Two facts:

That Antonio four at the weekend was West Ham’s first ever Premier League hatrick!

Since 2015 (when he signed) Payet is leading the assist stats for West Ham, by 28! He’s not played for them for 3 years!

• Like 2