Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Then Rodgers gets toasted for not having a go at them. I know I will.

Let's be fair, he can't win right now, despite the fact he has this Championship standard (at best) defence and we get pasted by teams with world class forwards, any loss will inevitably be judged as his fault.

We either step forward to them and we get done on the counter, or we sit off them and let their world class players take long shots all game.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

With all the players we had out, I cannot blame Rodgers in any fashion for the loss on Sunday.   If Rodgers was sacked however, who is out there available who would be any better?

Edited by Balgair

49 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Let's be fair, he can't win right now, despite the fact he has this Championship standard (at best) defence and we get pasted by teams with world class forwards, any loss will inevitably be judged as his fault.

We either step forward to them and we get done on the counter, or we sit off them and let their world class players take long shots all game.

Fair points, but he's a bit responsible of this no-win situation don't you think?

I hope for us and for him that Man United won't give WHU a pasting and we can somehow shithouse a win.

5 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Fair points, but he's a bit responsible of this no-win situation don't you think?

I hope for us and for him that Man United won't give WHU a pasting and we can somehow shithouse a win.

Somewhat, yes. However there's not much he can currently do with the defence is there?

He's not responsible for Fuchs being injured, or Soyuncu kicking opposition players.

I'm hoping for the same, but preparing myself for Europa (which is better than nothing). Still, breaking into the top 6 again isn't too shabby. First team to do that since Leicester in 2016... :cool:

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

That might be our way in (and hoping chelsea don’t get any wins ). If yanited are comfortable with avoiding a 0-3, they may just play ultra defensive to avoid that and take a 0-1 ....... if chelsea can’t beat Liverpool and wolves then we’re in with a dodgy 1-0 90th minute winner !!!

we can surely sort that out with Harry .... I mean it’s not like we bood him at OT earlier in the season is it .......

Edited by st albans fox

14 hours ago, That_Dude said:

@st albans fox

I'm fairly sure that the hobbit's intention is to give us the ball and use the counter with his speedy forwards.

Even more so if they beat West Ham and knowing that we have to score.

If we fall for that trap and/or they get the first goal, it's over.

unless they are comfortably qualified on GD via a big win tomorrow night, they will play the same way as spurs did.  Draw us onto them with the ball or keep possession quite deep ... either way, the intention is to open us up to the counter ..... it’s not rocket science and Brendan will be fully aware but he doesn’t have much ammunition to work out a strategy........l

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

unless they are comfortably qualified on GD via a big win tomorrow night, they will play the same way as spurs did.  Draw us onto them with the ball or keep possession quite deep ... either way, the intention is to open us up to the counter ..... it’s not rocket science and Brendan will be fully aware but he doesn’t have much ammunition to work out a strategy........l

The least he can do is to not play a suicidal high back-line or their forwards will have a field day. A back four would give me more confidence rather than a three with such slow CBs. Close support for Vardy is essential imo. Can't let him alone upfront chasing shadows.

15 minutes ago, Balgair said:

Would he leave Southampton though, that is the question...

What about Allardyce?  Any thoughts there?

Christ, no thank you lol 

That would be a colossal step backwards given we're not on the verge of relegation (we are 12th in the form table since December).

Also, his football is from the Jurassic age.

2 hours ago, Balgair said:

Noted. He's the only other "name" I know of available right now.  I discount Redknapp because I don't think he's interested in managing anybody in the PL at this point.

Also, the fact that people are available isn't normally an indicator that they're any good.

On 20/07/2020 at 15:57, Balgair said:

With all the players we had out, I cannot blame Rodgers in any fashion for the loss on Sunday.   If Rodgers was sacked however, who is out there available who would be any better?

Pochettino is out there, whether he would want to join us is another thing. Did not win at Spurs but made them one of the best sides in the country. 

Outsider - Jesse Marsh from Salzburg. Play very good football and excellent recruitment of players. He develops the younger ones and sells for massive profit. 

I still would keep Rodgers for now but these are 2 who I would suggest if he was to leave.