Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

Mendy

Praet

Gray         

Hurst Iheancho Vardy  

How is a side that balanced, cohesive, familiar and consistent not getting a result? Brendan badly let down by these lads as no doubt they spent all week working on the system together.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

When the **** did we become so nice? We used to be a club that relished the opportunity of turning big clubs over, now we just look like a bunch of ***** who want to be friends with the opposition and go round calling everyone bro, whilst wearing some shit “Fresh Ego Kid” hat and tracksuit.

Hate posts that just say 'this'. 

But this. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

When the **** did we become so nice? We used to be a club that relished the opportunity of turning big clubs over, now we just look like a bunch of ***** who want to be friends with the opposition and go round calling everyone bro, whilst wearing some shit “Fresh Ego Kid” hat and tracksuit.

I must admit - all the nicey nicey stuff between our management and Mou before kick off didn't sit well with me.

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Not even that mad after that, as much as it pains me to say, I kind of expected it.

They took their chances, we didn’t take ours.

The mistakes of Ryan Bennett and Harvey Barnes cost us today, shocking performances from both.

We only have ourselves to blame for blowing a 14 point lead; however our situation has been made even harder because of injuries.

I guess a trip to somewhere like Kazakhstan, is more likely than a trip to Madrid next season :( 

That 14pts lead meant nothing..not at that time of the year.

Our team errors were trying to Close the season out...CL is Bloody hard in a Rebuild ,Plus then 5 Major injuries...

Watford(1-1)....Bournemouth (1-4).and that Norwich (1-0) defeat...Against opposition other Teams Never Let in then Beat easily...

Thats for me at least 7 pts..but forget that, After Corvid restart. we had Watford & Bournemouth in the bag....Those 5pts would of given us CL...Thats the lost Major permatations fortunes...!!!

This was a Good season,twist & grind out negatives if thats your thing!!! But we are Leicester Aspiring but not yet  reached that Standard to 'earn'  a consistent Top 4-5 placing...This is Why the PL is an hard League...Top 8-9 clubs,fighting for a Top 3-5 finish right until the last 6 games...!!

Negative...25-33% of our games were rattled with individual & Team below avg.    performances,especially towards the EOS.

Even in those games we had chances....

Its right to be critical,but Dont frustrate yourself by going OTT, some have over exagerated our club & squad standing.

We have slowly improved our squad quality, & probably the players have to learn,to be a bit more Nasty or proffesional....

Fans have to understand we are still well behind top 1-6  Club Cache of easy finding quality within the ranks or having the Financial clout to bring in that quality.

God, Yes I am dissapointed & hurting,on what could have been...!!!

But this is the Real harsh reality of sport.....Form ,errors,injuries, Bad luck,timing of any issues...play their part....

Followers , Supporters problem, not understanding that the expectations hopes & dreams shouldnt give into entitlement.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

No way we beat Man Utd if we have to chase the game, with our defence they'll pick us off for fun. 

I believe Soyu, is back for this...I. Thought he had only a 2 game ban..!!

Could be wrong..:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Spurs laid the most obvious trap in the history of football and we fell for it. To play that back three so high up the pitch at any point in that match is tactical suicide. Absolutely unforgivable.

I didn’t expect much today but you just can’t afford to be that naive. We lost the game by half time and then barely tested Lloris in the second half, despite Spurs being happy for us to have the ball.

Also, yet again, something goes against us in a match and we mentally crumble. Earlier in the season I put that down to inexperience but that team today was one of the most experienced we’ve fielded for years.

We also looked happy to see out 3-0, which I can’t get my head around when you look at the goal difference.

We are toothless, we are mentally weak and we roll over too easy to the big sides. There’s no fight about us. No desire to make a nuisance of ourselves. We are soft, unambitious and likely to bottle it when the pressure is on.

Just get this season over with.

Well this sums up everything nicely.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Anyone know how many corners we have taken since we last scored from one?

Must be in three figures.

Do they ever practise them in training?

I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner, we seriously need the centre backs to chip in with a few more goals.

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

It started when the title winning side started to inevitably break up and the Chilwell / Maddison types replaced them

56 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This won't be a popular opinion on here but I actually think they did alright there combination of terrible luck and abysmal defending cost us there. 

I dont think you are to far off the truth...it was always going to be difficult with the injuries. I guess you could consider that maybe Spurs sat back in the second half, but equally look at our team that finished the game. Not exactly our strongest team. We should be careful not to over react and criticize fringe players for being...well fringe quality. The damage has not been done over the last few games, but since Christmas

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Anyone know how many corners we have taken since we last scored from one?

Must be in three figures.

Do they ever practise them in training?

I swear we look so much smaller than pretty much every other side. Might as well play short corners to be honest.

• Like 1

Everton fans have been left baffled by a decision to allow Tottenham's opening goal against Leicester City on Sunday afternoon.

Spurs took the lead against the Foxes in the sixth minute of the match when Heung-Min Son's effort was deflected past Kasper Schmeichel by James Justin for an own goal.

However, when the shot was taken, Harry Kane was stood in an offside position between the goalkeeper and the ball. The goal was allowed to stand after a VAR review.

But, that reminded Evertonians of a certain incident involving them earlier in the campaign.

In the last minute of the Blues' draw with Manchester United, Dominic Calvert-Lewin's goal-bound effort was deflected off Harry Maguire and into the back of the net, with Gylfi Sigurdsson in an offside position in front of David de Gea.

That goal was ruled out by VAR, with a statement later reading : "In the 91st minute of Everton v Manchester United, Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s goal was disallowed following a VAR Review for an offside offence against Gylfi Sigurdsson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Everton fans have been left baffled by a decision to allow Tottenham's opening goal against Leicester City on Sunday afternoon.

Spurs took the lead against the Foxes in the sixth minute of the match when Heung-Min Son's effort was deflected past Kasper Schmeichel by James Justin for an own goal.

However, when the shot was taken, Harry Kane was stood in an offside position between the goalkeeper and the ball. The goal was allowed to stand after a VAR review.

But, that reminded Evertonians of a certain incident involving them earlier in the campaign.

In the last minute of the Blues' draw with Manchester United, Dominic Calvert-Lewin's goal-bound effort was deflected off Harry Maguire and into the back of the net, with Gylfi Sigurdsson in an offside position in front of David de Gea.

That goal was ruled out by VAR, with a statement later reading : "In the 91st minute of Everton v Manchester United, Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s goal was disallowed following a VAR Review for an offside offence against Gylfi Sigurdsson.

but that was Man United - did you not get the VAR memo? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sdb said:

Mendy

Praet

Gray         

Hurst Iheancho Vardy  

How is a side that balanced, cohesive, familiar and consistent not getting a result? Brendan badly let down by these lads as no doubt they spent all week working on the system together.

That's what I'm saying. Half a team out injured or suspended, a brilliant goal and a flukey deflected goal away at spurs but yeah sack the manager we are the worst team ever loan Barnes back out he's awful its all Bennetts fault. 

Get a grip everyone. We are in Europe and finishing 5th in the hardest league in the World and this despite have 4 of the first 11 unavailable for the last 3 games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have mixed feelings about today. Going to Spurs in a high pressure game, getting a result we really needed and making things easy for ourselves was too good to be true. We got cut to shreds on the break - tbf Justin was unfortunate for the first goal but the second goal was criminal. Another corner straight into the first man, we lose control in midfield and then we're in trouble. The third goal was a class finish but it's made too easy for him. Rule number one when against Son and Kane is don't let them cut inside. We've seen it over and over again, you know what happens next. As soon as it went to 2-0 it was obvious we wouldn't get anything from the game.

Beyond that I felt we did as well as could be expected with what we had available today. We were bright in patches and created some decent chances. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. We weren't awful and we've certainly played worse since the restart against weaker opposition. I felt 3-0 did flatter Spurs a little bit too, but they were ruthless. 

The sad reality of it is, whether it's out of our hands our not by the time the game starts, we'll probably produce another similar performance next weekend against United. I have absolutely zero confidence in us to beat them on presenting showing. We've not beaten them for about 6 years and look everything we don't at the moment. We're not quite there, especially with some massive players missing. We're absolutely crawling over the line. Fortunately we found one great team display against Sheffield United and can play the United game knowing we cannot lose our Europa League spot. All I want to see next week is us have a go at them and really push to make any opportunity we might have left for Top 4 count. Then we turn our attention to building for next season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

There were some similarities but there were more important differences .....kasper had gone down already and Kane’s position had nothing to do with what happened once it strikes Justin. In fact, if it doesn’t defect off Justin then Kane is simply not in a position of interference ....so the deflection off Justin actually makes Kane live which isn’t actually an offence