Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

We don't have the squad depth, and we can't afford to spunk money to plug gaps like the other teams can. We knew at the start of the season we needed a proper winger and it still hasn't been rectified and this lack of attacking edge will continue to haunt us until we do.

Problem is, everyone is after that match winning winger / striker, a player to get bums off seats.

Saying what we need is the easy part - finding them and signing them is the much harder part and of course no signing, however well scoured, is guaranteed to work out. 

• Like 3

Just now, Beechey said:

I’m not arguing about the depth of the defensive line. But having a back 4 of Thomas, Evans, Morgan and Justin is getting ruined vs Spurs as well.

Agree completely ..... but whatever formation you have you drop deep and let them have the ball ......then there is no transition to get killed on the break 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Brendan will say we played a good half !!

Spurs - were very comfortable all game. They didn't need to ramp it up after we assisted them somewhat with a 3-0 lead. The stats don't tell us much really - the key one is the one that matters, goals. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Spurs (A).  2018/19 3-1, 2017/19 5-4.....

Hardy a shock we lost 3-1 today with 1/2 a side missing!

I'm shocked it was 3-1, I can't remember us scoring.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree with that, we are a rare team that have an XI that when all feature can destroy the majority of teams that usually cause teams a problem over the course of many games. Issue is we haven't managed to keep them all available and that's football.

I think the niggling injures to around Christmas to Ndidi and Vardy cause a lot of problem even if they were only out for 3 games it just disrupted their form.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Anyone else think Johnny Evans was trying to get himself suspended? 

It did cross my mind in the last 10 or so minutes, but if he was trying to he could have done a better job. There's still time for a taxi-related incident I suppose.

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

It did cross my mind in the last 10 or so minutes, but if he was trying to he could have done a better job. There's still time for a taxi-related incident I suppose.

I think this is ridiculous. He's been terrific this season, we need him, he knows that, he was just a bit fed up with what happened - but didn't do a Soyuncu at least. 

4 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Sky are talking about Soyuncu playing in the last game... Am I missing something? I thought he was suspended for rest of the season?

Presuming his red was for violent conduct that is automatic 3 game ban so they don’t know what they are on about as usual.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats

I guess on the positives even if we had won it was going down to the final day. It still will. We just need to make next week the best game of our season

44 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Look shit

Every big game we lose. Expected a tight loss but not this.

With goal difference now looking from I hold no hope for top four now

Probably for the best, it’s the hope that kills you 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think the niggling injures to around Christmas to Ndidi and Vardy cause a lot of problem even if they were only out for 3 games it just disrupted their form.

I agree, Vardy went off the boil and we don't have anybody to fill those goals, Ndidi does most of the work shielding our defense. People can talk about buying wingers, defenders but regular goal scoring strikers is another issue given Vards age. If he hadn't gone on another insane run earlier in the season we wouldn't be in the position of losing a CL spot in the first place. It's a problem that we have to address, sooner rather than later. And they're not cheap. This summer that's our priority imo. Most of the players many of this forum seem to want to bash are young and are still developing (no question Bennett can go). Thomas isn't really meant to be starting yet. Having him and even Hirst playing isn't bad for their future and it will eventually give us strength in depth. That's positive and saves us spending/wasting money in a winter transfer window. 

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

I guess on the positives even if we had won it was going down to the final day. It still will. We just need to make next week the best game of our season

I'd settle for 5-3, but that probably won't be enough, and we can't score goals - so there's that..