Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

Played well, the OG killed us and put the game into Spuds hands to defend and break. For the majority of the game it looked like WE were playing at home not THEM. Kane being MOT is usual Sky pundit Kane-love-in BS because Lloris should have won it. 6 shots on target, a couple of really good saves. And for me that sums it up. The ref gave us nothing including a good pen shout and any physical play he blew for a foul. It's all going to come down to ManU. And frankly that scares the cr@p out of me. BR better spend the next week drilling them to defend for their lives and hit them on the break. We need some of that title winning spirit, and who would have thought Wes would be in defense to do that lol.  

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Loris and Kane were the difference today. 

Not too many complaints from me all things considered.

Ultimately today wasn’t where we lost Champions League football was it - we’d set that in motion long before.

But hey, we’re unhappy with a top 6 finish!  Just shows what a crazy year it’s been.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I must have read the comments of “Son, Kane and Bergwyn” will destroy that defence about 50x in the last few days so I doubt it.

The best defence we can put out at the minute wouldn’t make the play offs in the championship yet our manager is too stubborn to change it to offer more protection.

We played with 3 centre backs, 2 wing backs and a defensive midfielder.

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Recruitment has been abject this season. Our side is absolutely crippled by injuries and the suspension and let’s face it, some of those players out there would struggle to get into a Championship side.

Next time we bemoan some of our top players in the shape of Chilwell, Maddison et al, just think back to this side and the absolute state of it.

Both of them have been part of this team when we've been revolting since Christmas so don't peddle that pony. Maddison has been pure horse manure since new years day. Sadly we are still a work in progress and I'm furious we didn't get at least 1 more in in January but I'm not naive enough to think we easily could have got the 3-4 more we need in the last 2 windows. 

• Thanks 1

We don't have the squad depth, and we can't afford to spunk money to plug gaps like the other teams can. We knew at the start of the season we needed a proper winger and it still hasn't been rectified and this lack of attacking edge will continue to haunt us until we do.

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Unlucky early goal ruined the game for us, when you are away at a decent side you need your bit of luck and we got none.

We're missing 4 of our regular first XI with a makeshift defence. Disappointing, frustrating but it's our own fault the way we have capitulated since the Villa away game.

If we did the jobs we needed to do at Watford, Bournemouth, home to Brighton and the Norwich games we wouldn't have needed anything here.

Totally. This fall is on Rodgers although he is finally doing something to correct although a bit too late. As frustrating as this is, as this year is the best year to try to get in to CL, I hope Rodgers can learn from this and improve our squad and play next season.

Until next Sunday, I am off FT. 

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A draw will probably do for Man U, they'll be happy to let us keep the ball at the back.

So we don’t fall for the trap. 1-0 might be enough 

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Because we bossed our last game with a back 3.

This place would erupt if he changed it to a back 4 and lost, everyone would be asking “why did he change a winning system?!”

Everyone’s a football genius online

Seriously .....  lost count of the number of people last few days who saw exactly what happened  today ...... you didn’t have to be a football genius ..... the only way that approach works is if we get the first goal and can drop deep thereafter ......

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Both of them have been part of this team when we've been revolting since Christmas so don't peddle that pony. Maddison has been pure horse manure since new years day. Sadly we are still a work in progress and I'm furious we didn't get at least 1 more in in January but I'm not naive enough to think we easily could have got the 3-4 more we need in the last 2 windows. 

Just think we have a good 11 and the rest aren't great, not a lot of options to rest or rotate people who are off form!

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Explain how that worked, I’ve tried to explain how I thought it didn’t and you disagree so tell me how it worked.

Badly, and I propose to you that having a weaker defence would have been worse.

I’m more worried about what Brendan has got massively wrong recently.

Bringing Maddison on when not back to fully fit against Everton when the game was gone at 2-0 was a big mistake.

The negative sub against Bournemouth was a massive mistake.

Playing 3 slow centre halves vs a proven counter attacking team was poor research. 

The form is awful and we should all be very worried that this will carry into next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Because we bossed our last game with a back 3.

This place would erupt if he changed it to a back 4 and lost, everyone would be asking “why did he change a winning system?!”

Everyone’s a football genius online

Beat a 12 year old once on FIFA 17 and they think they're Klopp.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, unless we had a magic window the champions League will be embarrassing. Europa League gives us half a chance of being competitive. I don't think Rodgers is happy to finish 5th but I think he knows the squad isn't good enough for that.

With Covid-19 ramifications i can't see a huge window. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

So we don’t fall for the trap. 1-0 might be enough 

Seriously .....  lost count of the number of people last few days who saw exactly what happened  today ...... you didn’t have to be a football genius ..... the only way that approach works is if we get the first goal and can drop deep thereafter ......

I’m not arguing about the depth of the defensive line. But having a back 4 of Thomas, Evans, Morgan and Justin is getting ruined vs Spurs as well.

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Or a manager who can see the obvious when it’s staring him in the face and play a line up that offers a bit more protection.

Like 2 x DM’s?  :ph34r:

Probably best we're in the EL. Imagine us going away to Barca in the CL with Rodgers in charge. He'd no doubt play the same suicidal high line like we did today against Messi and co - he used to do that at Celtic and lose by 7. He just never plays horses for courses. With the team we had today we should have sat in, kept it tight and forced them to come out. Instead we just get done on the break 3 times and game over. So annoying.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

This was too much to rely on Tielemans to engineer our attacks.  We're missing players and it's too much for the lad to be fair. A defensive back 3; two young wingbacks who seemed to play with a fair amount of pressure on their performance, and then there's our shooting that has been a problem most of the season is a real problem. Possession doesn't win football matches or trophies; so Brendan needs to find a solution to that. Overall it's not been a bad season - just a disappointing end (so far). 

Edited by oxtonfox
spell

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Just think we have a good 11 and the rest aren't great, not a lot of options to rest or rotate people who are off form!

I agree with that, we are a rare team that have an XI that when all feature can destroy the majority of teams that usually cause teams a problem over the course of many games. Issue is we haven't managed to keep them all available and that's football.

The reason we won’t spend money this summer with no champions league isn’t that we won’t have it, it’s that Top knows that ending the season like this and a bad start means bye bye Rodgers and he doesn’t want a squad full of Congletons crap.