Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Let’s weigh everything up

Look we didn’t have the depth to make CL, or the money to guarantee in January either. We lost several players to injury, but were extra unlucky that each was vital to making us a quality side... Rodgers has given us European football again, and stature. I’m fully behind him and his team, just need to trust in our development and scouting again. Vardy golden boot and was beautiful to watch this season  

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Look we didn’t have the depth to make CL, or the money to guarantee in January either. We lost several players to injury, but were extra unlucky that each was vital to making us a quality side... Rodgers has given us European football again, and statue. I’m fully behind him and his team, just need to trust in our development and scouting again. Vardy golden boot again and was beautiful to watch this season  

Again? 

I will only decided whether to feel better or not after the transfer window is closed. If it seems the failure to qualify for the CL has no (or negligible) effect on this summer's comings-and-goings, I will certainly feel much better.

Meanwhile, it's certainly been an eventful season. Well done to the Lads, the owners and the staff. :scarf:

Yeh we’ll all feel a bit less down in a few days. Foxes really had the big time Charlie’s worried for most of the season. You could just sense they all wanted leicester to drop off.

they are all the more relieved that we lost all our key players to injuries and that we didn’t punish them when we had em on the ropes. They revelled in our collapses at Bournemouth & such. It is an elitist closed circle and we all know from listening to the pundits that we are neither welcome or belong at the top. Well we ain’t going anywhere and neither are Sheffield or wolves. Power to the under dogs! Will see them next season. I hope they all suffer the sort of injuries to their key players and see how well they do.

• Like 1

A bit of perspective is needed. CL football was never part of the club's current plans, which seem to be finish in the upper half of the table, developing players and our reputation as a club, whilst we expand our infrastructure (training ground, stadium) and revenue streams, so in 5-10 years we will be ready to actually challenge for the upper reaches of the league with a bigger reputation, and a lot more money.

It sucks to miss out on CL. A lot. It hurts, and Brendan certainly has not been inspiring. But he is the right man to carry out the club's vision. We should be patient as a fanbase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Look we didn’t have the depth to make CL, or the money to guarantee in January either. We lost several players to injury, but were extra unlucky that each was vital to making us a quality side... Rodgers has given us European football again, and stature. I’m fully behind him and his team, just need to trust in our development and scouting again. Vardy golden boot and was beautiful to watch this season  

Actually post Xmas not so much. 

Last season we finished ninth, our summer ambitions were to try and challenge top six (which we finished 14pts outside). A challenge for the CL positions was way outside most reasonable expectations, yet we’ve been in contention until the last half an hour of the final game. 
We have finished fifth in the best league in the world behind four of the highest spending clubs in the world. It’s our second highest PL position. We made the quarter-finals of one cup and the semi-finals of the other. We are in Europe for only the fifth time in our history (and straight into the group stage). 
There can only be the slightest tinge of disappointment at what might have been in either cup or the league, but overall we should be very optimistic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Actually post Xmas not so much. 

True but hey, it was a season that measured up on the whole. Yeah would have been nice to bring in extra quality in January but that is difficult. Injuries killed us. It seemed we always had one or two key players out since then ,and for a club like ours, that is hard to cope with. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

True but hey, it was a season that measured up on the whole. Yeah would have been nice to bring in extra quality in January but that is difficult. Injuries killed us. It seemed we always had one or two key players out since then ,and for a club like ours, that is hard to cope with. 

We say a club like ours but we're not a Norwich or a Bournemouth, we should have enough strength in depth for 1 or 2 players out which was the case for the most part post Xmas. Obviously lockdown period was different but like I said, we were poor after Xmas. It was like a switch that had been turned off. Ah well. I suppose the silver lining may be that we may actually have a chance at Europa. Perhaps we would have just got embarrassed if we were playing teams in the CL and that would effect our PL games. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

We say a club like ours but we're not a Norwich or a Bournemouth, we should have enough strength in depth for 1 or 2 players out which was the case for the most part post Xmas. Obviously lockdown period was different but like I said, we were poor after Xmas. It was like a switch that had been turned off. Ah well. I suppose the silver lining may be that we may actually have a chance at Europa. Perhaps we would have just got embarrassed if we were playing teams in the CL and that would effect our PL games. 

Shoot me if you like, but the honest truth is we don’t have Man U, Man City Liverpool or Chelsea resources... the 5 subs and the like certainly benefitted them, the depth they could call on was unfortunately beyond ours... however what was impressive is we still outdid arsenal, spurs and Everton 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Shoot me if you like, but the honest truth is we don’t have Man U, Man City Liverpool or Chelsea resources... the 5 subs and the like certainly benefitted them, the depth they could call on was unfortunately beyond ours... however what was impressive is we still outdid arsenal, spurs and Everton 

Still these are all reasons for post lockdown. Like I said. We were on a downward spiral post Xmas 

Fifth in the PL is a success if you only consider the overall development of the club.  However the PL is a competitive place and the reality is that we have struggled against some of the poorer clubs in the league this season.  This does not bode well for next season when we have the additional pressure of European competition.

Losing out on CL football may hinder our ability to attract the high quality players we need to add to the squad in order to be a greater threat to our opponents.  Good signings will be key if we are to maintain a top half finish next season.

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Still these are all reasons for post lockdown. Like I said. We were on a downward spiral post Xmas 

We were hardly flying, but barely much football had been played at that point either. We had just beaten villa with an excellent performance. You actually don’t think 5 subs benefitted the big teams more? us, sheff United and wolves all lost out because of it 

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We were hardly flying, but barely much football had been played at that point either. We had just beaten villa with an excellent performance. You actually don’t think 5 subs benefitted the big teams more? us, sheff United and wolves all lost out because of it 

I do think it did benefit the more. But before lockdown - lost to Liverpool, Southampton, Burnley, Villa (Cup), man City and Norwich. We drew against Chelsea and Wolves. That's in 13 games! 13 games and 6 loses is not great is it comparative to pre lockdown. That's all before the 5 sub rule. 

Also post lockdown we dropped points against Bournemouth, Brighton and Watford. One can argue we had the benefit of the 5 subs against them

Edited by hejammy

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I do think it did benefit the more. But before lockdown - lost to Liverpool, Southampton, Burnley, Villa (Cup), man City and Norwich. We drew against Chelsea and Wolves. That's in 13 games! 13 games and 6 loses is not great is it comparative to pre lockdown. That's all before the 5 sub rule. 

Also post lockdown we dropped points against Bournemouth, Brighton and Watford. One can argue we had the benefit of the 5 subs against them

Well, we didn’t even over brighton lol that is the truth, our depth is weak... until we have quality to replace quality we shouldn’t be expecting a top 4 finish. What we did was push teams that had spent 100’s of millions till the absolute last... I would say Rodgers did pretty well and 5th is a great finish 

People will say it’s an excuse but I sat down last night and thought it through. 

I put our bad form pre lockdown down to Wilf getting injured which coincided with the Villa first leg. 

We then had Vardy injured for a spell which blunted our attacking options. 

The last game before lockdown we lose a world class player in Pereira. 

Then as the games tick by, we lose three other first choice players for a variety of reasons. 

The first choice XI is a bloody good team. When the replacements come in it suffers

• Like 3