Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Fantasy Premier League 2020/2021

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I have De Bruyne at the moment on bench with money ITB for Man United players and will basically have to pray Aubameyang blanks GW1. I would rather avoid having to play an early wildcard and hope I make up the points over the first half of the season, especially if this season is unpredictable with injuries and I have to suddenly ship 3 players before January.

I might have one each from Man City and Man Utd and bench them 1st week. Hopefully be able to get a strong enough squad to cover them. 

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

What are people thinking for GW1 with players from teams without a game ? Just picking them anyway and take the hit 1st week ?

I've got one Manc player on my bench. Plan to get two more via my first two FTs, but picked placeholder players that I'd be relatively happy to keep till GW8 or so if more urgent issues crop up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brucey said:

I've got one Manc player on my bench. Plan to get two more via my first two FTs, but picked placeholder players that I'd be relatively happy to keep till GW8 or so if more urgent issues crop up. 

Gone for 1 each from Man City and Man Utd and the rest of the squad should hopefully be starters in GW1

I’ve gone rogue and gone for loads of premium players then some cheapos rather than spread the value like I usually do. Currently sitting on.......

McCarthy

Davies TAA Robertson Justin

Auba Salah Saka 4.5m

Vardy Kane

I’ve never once had Kane in my team in the years I’ve played this and feel a bit sick selecting him but I have a feeling Spurs might have a decent season and Jose does tend to get the best out of line strikers. X 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve gone rogue and gone for loads of premium players then some cheapos rather than spread the value like I usually do. Currently sitting on.......

McCarthy

Davies TAA Robertson Justin

Auba Salah Saka 4.5m

Vardy Kane

I’ve never once had Kane in my team in the years I’ve played this and feel a bit sick selecting him but I have a feeling Spurs might have a decent season and Jose does tend to get the best out of line strikers. X 

I like it - who are your reserves? Kane's an interesting one - I've always hated having him in the past and usually avoid, but a gut feeling makes me think he'll have another 20+ season, and he's a reasonable price this time around. I've gone for Son instead for now as its a little easier to find a decent Son+6mFWD pairing rather than Kane+4.5mMID. Will probably change my mind over the next few days though.

• Like 1

Just now, Xen said:

I like it - who are your reserves? Kane's an interesting one - I've always hated having him in the past and usually avoid, but a gut feeling makes me think he'll have another 20+ season, and he's a reasonable price this time around. I've gone for Son instead for now as its a little easier to find a decent Son+6mFWD pairing rather than Kane+4.5mMID. Will probably change my mind over the next few days though.

Thanks. I kind of hate going with the template team on FPL so wanted something different. I wanted Lloris as a set and forget keeper but then realised Davies was cheaper and will probably get similar points so went with McCarthy. Yeah and the bonus with Kane is Incan swap out for Aguero if I fancy. My reserves are mainly fodder but players that will hopefully play some games. Saka is a gamble but could have a great season. The key thing is trying to find the right 4.5m midfielder as I’m sure there will be one that scores well but not sure yet. Currently on Reed at Fulham as they have easy fixtures. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Thanks. I kind of hate going with the template team on FPL so wanted something different. I wanted Lloris as a set and forget keeper but then realised Davies was cheaper and will probably get similar points so went with McCarthy. Yeah and the bonus with Kane is Incan swap out for Aguero if I fancy. My reserves are mainly fodder but players that will hopefully play some games. Saka is a gamble but could have a great season. The key thing is trying to find the right 4.5m midfielder as I’m sure there will be one that scores well but not sure yet. Currently on Reed at Fulham as they have easy fixtures. 

Soucek at 5.0 seems a decent pick long-term as he's been getting a decent number of goal-contributions lately, but their fixtures are trash after GW1. And its West Ham.

Finding a 4.5 who plays is enough for me - if I'm relying on them for returns then I've not planned the rest of my team carefully enough haha.

Saka could be a gem. I've got ASM at the moment which feels like a coin-flip whether it'll pay off or not, but at least its an easy sideway move if I need to change things and he's cheap enough that a few 2-pointers arent the end of the world.

At the moment I'm trying to decide if I need to change my GK and DEF strategies. At the minute I've got 4.5/4.5 in goal as rotation, but wondering if 4.5/4.0 set and forget would be better. Then at DEF I feel I should have a 4.0 like Mitchell, but not sure who to take out for him as Justin/Vinagre are pretty typical picks and Ayling could be one of those hidden gems. Kinda feel like if I'd need to change both of those positions together though, as an extra .5m wont do much whereas 1m could.

Despite having it pretty well planned out, this is the least secure I've felt in my pre-GW1 strategy for a few seasons. Maybe I'm just overthinking it as usual. The temptation to tinker is growing, for sure...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xen said:

Soucek at 5.0 seems a decent pick long-term as he's been getting a decent number of goal-contributions lately, but their fixtures are trash after GW1. And its West Ham.

Finding a 4.5 who plays is enough for me - if I'm relying on them for returns then I've not planned the rest of my team carefully enough haha.

Saka could be a gem. I've got ASM at the moment which feels like a coin-flip whether it'll pay off or not, but at least its an easy sideway move if I need to change things and he's cheap enough that a few 2-pointers arent the end of the world.

At the moment I'm trying to decide if I need to change my GK and DEF strategies. At the minute I've got 4.5/4.5 in goal as rotation, but wondering if 4.5/4.0 set and forget would be better. Then at DEF I feel I should have a 4.0 like Mitchell, but not sure who to take out for him as Justin/Vinagre are pretty typical picks and Ayling could be one of those hidden gems. Kinda feel like if I'd need to change both of those positions together though, as an extra .5m wont do much whereas 1m could.

Despite having it pretty well planned out, this is the least secure I've felt in my pre-GW1 strategy for a few seasons. Maybe I'm just overthinking it as usual. The temptation to tinker is growing, for sure...

Yeah I don’t feel very ready at all but going to try and stick to roughly the same team as above. Goalkeeper is a tricky one. I think there are points to be had in a rotation but I just can’t be bothered and I always seem to pick the worst option haha so going set and forget til wildcard as I think Southampton should have a decent season. Auba for me could be a season keeper being as he is a midfielder now. My only issue is getting KdB in so we’ll see how that goes. I’m just hoping my premium picks score well enough to make this strategy worth it. I’m swithering on TAA as he’s not fully fit but think I’ll leave him in. I also could really do with a Man Utd mid but we’ll see. I always end up chasing players on FPL but sometimes you have to realise that you can’t have everyone and that patience can be positive. I’ll likely wildcard after one week and cry haha. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I had saka in my 1st lineup but have took him out again now not sure if or where they will play him. 

I couldn’t find a 4.5m midfielder that I think will be worth having. Soucek is probably the best value midfielder at 5.0

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I had saka in my 1st lineup but have took him out again now not sure if or where they will play him. 

I couldn’t find a 4.5m midfielder that I think will be worth having. Soucek is probably the best value midfielder at 5.0

Yeah I had Soucek but then just couldn’t face having a West Ham player haha. I think personal vendettas are the reason I never win my mini league haha. X

11 minutes ago, brucey said:

Anyone else going without TAA and Salah? Could backfire horribly, but I have to wonder about a champions hangover... 

Considering upgrading my bench too, all these players testing positive are making me nervous 

I had triple Liverpool at one point (fullbacks and salah) but got rid of Robertson just for the fact that their cost isn't good value when compared against their post-restart form. Kept the two you've mentioned though - if they do badly then I wont lose ground as seemingly everyone has at least one, but if they do well I don't want to miss out on that. If it was more obvious who might do well in their absence I'd probably drop them, but its all a bit unknown at the moment so I don't want to take the risk. Long-term I certainly dont think we'll have a repeat of last season though, so I'll probably shift those funds over to ManUtd/ManCity assets.

Apart from my third striker all my bench should be pretty confident of seeing minutes, which is all I want from the backups really. With the positive tests that adds an extra dynamic to it, which is one of the reasons why I've been leaning to my GK rotation rather than set-and-forget, plus a balanced DEF (for now).

4 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Considered Castagne but 5.5 seems pricey, has anyone else gone for him?

Justin is nailed and 1.0 cheaper, and at this point we dont really know how attacking Castagne will be. I wouldn't have gone for Chilwell at 5.5 whilst he was still here, so Castagne at the same price doesn't interest me at the moment.

If he plays as a more attacking wing-back (particularly when Ricardo is back) I'll reconsider.

34 minutes ago, brucey said:

Anyone else going without TAA and Salah? Could backfire horribly, but I have to wonder about a champions hangover... 

Considering upgrading my bench too, all these players testing positive are making me nervous 

I've picked both atm. First time I have never picked Van Dijk though (used to have him in his Saints days too). 7.5m is ridiculous but TAA contributes so much in terms of goals/assists and takes corners/free kicks.

Edited by Fox92

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

Justin is nailed and 1.0 cheaper, and at this point we dont really know how attacking Castagne will be. I wouldn't have gone for Chilwell at 5.5 whilst he was still here, so Castagne at the same price doesn't interest me at the moment.

If he plays as a more attacking wing-back (particularly when Ricardo is back) I'll reconsider.

Yeah I’ve gone for JJ instead, I wanted more of our players but it seems most have been priced up, which I suppose was inevitable.

Ive signed Vardy in my telegraph league even though aside from Auba, he’s the most expensive player in the league!

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I’ve just got salah from Liverpool, I think you have got to go with at least 1 from them. If there anything like last season there players will be big scorers.

24 minutes ago, brucey said:

Alioski isn't nailed

It's sound I only needed another bench player really but if he's not nailed I may change him while it's still free to do so.

Edited by Fox92