Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well it’s gone live today to pick your squad.

 

There’s a bit of value out there in terms of some early transfers new to the PL but I’ve had four initial attempts and to fill your squad with the likely established suspects that’ll earn close to 200 points per player will leave you with at least four players left to pick and already beyond the 100 million budget...

 

It’s of course always like this but this season seems especially tough. Time to read up on those players coming up from the Championship and to keep an eye on the window.

 

Good luck peeps.

Posted

Everyone seems especially expensive this time round which I think is a positive move. It means we will have to find value. Mitrovic seem well priced, Justing will be worth a shot for early season until Ricardo is back as well.

  • Like 1
Posted

I haven't looked at it properly yet, only seen some prices.

 

Werner looks an absolute must at 9.5. KDB and Salah haven't been priced out either. Bruno and Pulisic still standout too at 10.5 and 8.5. Lots of midfield options as always. Be interested to see Ziyech's price too, Chelsea will have a frighteningly good front line next year, the back door and the keeper will be the problem. 

 

Can't see Ings doing as well as this year to be honest. Sooner pay an extra £1m for Werner. 

 

Our own Jamie has been nudged up £1m too, still a decent price as people continue to write him off and he proves them wrong year after year. 

Posted (edited)

So much will depend on when Man United/City have their first games and the fixture list. At the moment my team is...

Meslier - Nyland
Vinagre - Lamptey - TAA  - Dallas - Ferguson
Salah - Aubameyang - Greenwood - Ziyech - Bissouma
Werner - Wood - Adams


Feel like our players have almost all been priced out of the game to be honest. :dry:

Edited by Mark_w
Posted
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Quite a few position changes: Aubameyang, Rashford and Greenwood being 3 interesting ones

 

Aubameyang as a midfielder lol He'll be picked highly I imagine.

  • Like 1
Posted

I did start this topic in ‘general football and sport’ (non LCFC related) where the last thread on FPL was - (Well at least I thought I did) I think it may have got merged with another thread which was started in general chat and now is situated here... @Mark just a heads up!

Posted

I've gone with 

 

Dubravka

Justin Walker Pieters Robertson Vinagre

DeBruyne Salah Greenwood Grealish

Werner Martial

 

Bench: Lamptey, Soucek, Davis

 

My tactic this year will to be to change my team as little as possible, only for injuries/suspensions, too many changes never seems to pay off. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Surely Auba is an absolute must if he’s a midfielder? Potentially the highest scorer of the season? Didn’t even realise it had gone live yet. Well, that’s the end of what little life I have. Hello FPL my old friend. X 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

How we all looking guys? What are we thinking? I seem to change my team every day and I still can't 100% decide what to do with players who blank gameweek 1 but I've gone with vardy, taa, Salah, kane and auba as my current big players.

 

JJ looks a bargain at 4.5 for us too given he's highly likely to start against West brom.

Posted
29 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

How we all looking guys? What are we thinking? I seem to change my team every day and I still can't 100% decide what to do with players who blank gameweek 1 but I've gone with vardy, taa, Salah, kane and auba as my current big players.

 

JJ looks a bargain at 4.5 for us too given he's highly likely to start against West brom.

Gabriel for Arsenal seems a bargain at 5.0 as well.

 

I'm changing my team a hell of a lot as well. Very indecisive!

Posted

Few tricky decisions to be made over the next week - I'm about settled at the moment but I'm certain I'll make more than a fair few changes by then lol 

 

Currently going with:

McCarthy - (Rodak) [Goalkeepers will rotate through the season]

TAA - Doherty - Justin - (Ayling) - (Vinagre)
Auba - Salah - Son - ASM - Soucek
Vardy - Mitrovic - (Davies)

 

Trying to figure out a way to shoehorn Werner in as well, but without dropping Vardy. Son/Mitro for Armstrong/Werner+1.0ITB looks a possibility atm, but Son's fixtures have me hesitating. Gah!

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I've just had a first look. Looking tough to me. Not sure who to pick.

 

 

I think it will be a lot tighter this year. Someone in our family group won by a clear 150 points last year but i don’t expect that to happen this year 

  • Like 1
Posted

Playing this properly for the first time this season.

 

The GW1 blanks are annoying. Planning future transfers to get to Manc assets seems like a minefield with likely rapid price rises and Covid complications.

Posted

What are people thinking for GW1 with players from teams without a game ? Just picking them anyway and take the hit 1st week ?

Guest Sharpe's Fox
Posted
44 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What are people thinking for GW1 with players from teams without a game ? Just picking them anyway and take the hit 1st week ?

I have De Bruyne at the moment on bench with money ITB for Man United players and will basically have to pray Aubameyang blanks GW1. I would rather avoid having to play an early wildcard and hope I make up the points over the first half of the season, especially if this season is unpredictable with injuries and I have to suddenly ship 3 players before January.

Posted (edited)

Prices are ridiculous. 

 

KDB/Abauymang/Salah/Mane/Fernandes all more than 10m and even the next sort of player down, the Grealish level, is at 7m.

Edited by Fox92

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...