Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Fantasy Premier League 2020/2021

55 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’ve just got salah from Liverpool, I think you have got to go with at least 1 from them. If there anything like last season there players will be big scorers.

I've got Robertson as my only Liverpool player atm. 

TAA had an injury most of preseason and has played 10 mins so far. Salah hasn't been great in preseason either, being outshone by Mane, and his point totals have dropped year on year.. 

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Have changed it up.....

FF973F36-2614-4344-95C4-4B5A3204B489.jpeg

Looks good. I've changed mine up as well, and seems like we've gone for a similar GK/DEF and premium mids, just differing on the backup mids and strikers.

2047157337_Screenshot2020-09-08at18_43_20.thumb.png.c18889d1893b42972bc2cae5dca648f0.png

Was undecided on Doherty so figured I'd save the cash and go for Davies to start with. Extra funds let me get Tierney in as well which should be good for a couple GWs at least. Salah > Mané just as a differential. Will switch out Davis for Brewster if he gets a PL loan, but otherwise I think I'm reasonably content with that...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xen said:

Looks good. I've changed mine up as well, and seems like we've gone for a similar GK/DEF and premium mids, just differing on the backup mids and strikers.

2047157337_Screenshot2020-09-08at18_43_20.thumb.png.c18889d1893b42972bc2cae5dca648f0.png

Was undecided on Doherty so figured I'd save the cash and go for Davies to start with. Extra funds let me get Tierney in as well which should be good for a couple GWs at least. Salah > Mané just as a differential. Will switch out Davis for Brewster if he gets a PL loan, but otherwise I think I'm reasonably content with that...

Looks really good. We’re quite similar I suppose. I have completely changed my thinking and ditched the premium strikers haha. I think I’ll stick with this for now, although knowing me I may change everything 17 times before kick off. X 

52 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Looks really good. We’re quite similar I suppose. I have completely changed my thinking and ditched the premium strikers haha. I think I’ll stick with this for now, although knowing me I may change everything 17 times before kick off. X 

Thanks. My biggest 'worry' is not having Werner in case he pops off, especially as Chelsea have some really good fixtures early doors. Without dropping Vardy, though, its hard to fit him in. 

Mitro + Son > 6.0 + Werner is my thinking at the moment, just need to find the best 6.0 that I don't already have. Feels like a very 'template' swap, though. :S 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Still time for a tinker but here we are so far...

Screenshot_20200909_134345_com.android.chrome.jpg

Add a bit of thinking behind this...

I've gone with ramsdale as main keeper, had a good year last year and sheff it's were defensively strong. Ryan is a strong back up too. Happy with my keepers.

Defensively Trent was a no brainer, after that it was a bout price with justin, walkers-peters and Mitchell just being great value. Azpilicuata was a case of having more money left over and trying to get another premium defender but I'm not sold on any Chelsea player ATM to be honest so this is one to change.

Auba and Salah are obvious again. I'm a huge kdb fan but can swap either if these out for him if I wish. Saka and soucek seemed great prices based on the end of last season and the lad from Fulham seems a decent bench warmer.

Against my better judgement I've gone for kane. Like someone else said above he's one I usually avoid, but avoiding Manchester players meant I needed to think a little differently and spurs start the season should guarantee him some goals. 

Brewster literally is a cheap punt hoping he moves in the window as at that price he'd be a bargain at a lesser prem club. But there is scope to improve on him for someone like mitrovic and replacing azpa with another bargain defender if I feel the need closer to the weekend.

Then I got vards who I had to choose, but worry it's my heart leading my head.

With disjointed pre season across the board, the ridiculous international break and 4 teams missing in gameweek one ive found it the hardest start to fpl season yet so

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm surprised at the lack of Man City players in teams? 

I've changed mine (as expected!). 

Gone for goalscoring midfielders and high-perfoming/reliable strikers. Cheaped out on the defence and goalkeepers are relatively cheap anyway. 

Blank GW1, (relatively) tough fixture GW2 and Pep's rotation means they're not quite as desirable, especially when there are so many good players with decent fixtures in the meantime. I've already planned to go Auba > KdB after GW2, or maybe even Mane>Kdb GW1 and Auba>Mane GW2 to avoid KdBs price rises.

I'll probably restructure and bring in a few more Man Utd/Man C players when I wildcard around GW8 or so

• Like 2

My thinking....

Defence - Think I'll keep Justin as sub even when Ricardo comes back as we'll rotate the squad a bit this season. Want to bring Chilly in for Dave when he's back from injury.

Midfield - Have a feeling Salah wont be as clinical this year (and couldnt afford him) so took a risk on Havertz who will play further up the pitch than your average midfielder. Was going to go for Soucek but he was brought in originally as a DM so think his purple goalscoring patch at the restart might be a flash in the pan to a certain degree. Want to shoehorn Greenwood in at 7.5 at some stage to unite the shaggers in arms so might have to use a 4.0 defender or 4.5 midfield to provide the neccesary funds.

Up front - taking a risk on Rodrigo and think Jiminez (no Europe) and Kane (no injuries) will shine.

As mentioned in previous threads I reckon covid disruption might mean more starters suddenly becoming unavailable so hoping to keep 4 starters on the bench as far as possible.

I'll probably be completely wrong of course, all good fun though!

Edited by Nalis

Quick reminder that if you're looking for an additional challenge, I've got a league set up over at GoalScorerChallenge

Super easy, just pick one player each gameweek (including internationals and cup games) from a premier league side and you'll earn a point for every goal they score. The catch? You can only pick each player once so it gets tricky once you start running out of the big hitters.

Free to enter, £500 prize to the winner and only takes a couple seconds to do each week.

League code: 3a38bcdd

• Like 2