Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ALC Fox

Ben White

6 hours ago, nnfox said:

Brighton would be mad to sell.  Get him in the first team, gain premier league experience, watch him get an England cap and sell next year to Utd for £100m.

Exactly why a £50m investment now might be worth the gamble. If his ceiling is high and he performs well, his value could skyrocket further, especially if he ends up replacing Maguire at international level. For a club like ours that could mean selling him and getting a nice chunk of profit, or it could mean CL qualification and an FA Cup.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Exactly why a £50m investment now might be worth the gamble. If his ceiling is high and he performs well, his value could skyrocket further, especially if he ends up replacing Maguire at international level. For a club like ours that could mean selling him and getting a nice chunk of profit, or it could mean CL qualification and an FA Cup.

We don't have 50m to risk it though, clubs like Man City and United can take the gamble, we can't. We have 15-20m to take risks, it's a lower class of player.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shipman Out said:

The only reason I’d be happy with it is to piss Leeds fans off cos they are w***king over him.  

The lad who mentioned if he had a successful loan spell at WBA last season would he cost as much? No he wouldn’t. Fact.

I saw a few of there games and didn’t notice him much, but hope he does well....at BHAFC

You could well have a point but your understanding of the the word fact differs somewhat to mine.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is there a reason why this is a thread in the transfer forum ??

just interested to know ......

Because of stuff like this probably:

Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Leicester have all asked Brighton about the potential price of 22-year-old English centre-back Ben White, who impressed on loan at Leeds last season. (Sun)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Because of stuff like this probably:

Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Leicester have all asked Brighton about the potential price of 22-year-old English centre-back Ben White, who impressed on loan at Leeds last season. (Sun)

Where are arsenal ?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is there a reason why this is a thread in the transfer forum ??

just interested to know ......

As mentioned in the OP, the Mercury article credited all of last season's top 6 with an interest in the guy, which includes us.

I see Leeds offered £25m for White, which was near the 'ball park' figure than Brighton were looking for, but Brighton are refusing to sell to any club which they see as a (bottom half ?) 'rival' next season - and they consider Leeds in that category.  It sounds to me, that if a 'top half' club (particularly one playing in Europe !) offered something around £30m,they'd get him.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/12055753/ben-white-brighton-will-not-sell-defender-to-leeds

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/shane-duffy-gives-celtic-transfer-22587647

Shane Duffy to Celtic? Which means Ben White will get plenty of first team action at Brighton. I can see him staying there for another season and if he does well he may well leave for 40m or so.

Duffy would be a great signing for Celtic to be honest.