Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ALC Fox

Ben White

29 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Why is he hyped so much after a championship loan? Is it because he was at Leeds? Would we be seeing £50 million quotes if he was at West Brom or Fulham on loan? 

I guess sometimes the right loan move at the right time just works and you don't know what they're going to be like until they play first-team football at a certain level.

Jovic was sent on loan from Benfica to Frankfurt which earned him his move to Real, for example.

I guess Brighton didn't quite know how ready he was, and they had enough Premier League quality CBs to get them through and let them see how White got on at a promotion-chasing Leeds.

Having said all that, £50m is steep for someone who hasn't been tested at this level, but if the interest from the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, and Spurs is genuine, then perhaps he is worth the fee.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The fact you've never heard of him is a bit meaningless, really. It reminds me of my friends, who like to demonstrate their knowledge of tennis players by proudly announcing 'never heard of them'.

?? It was an honest "I've never heard from him" but now we're linked with a £50m bid, no need to get so uppity about it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waylander said:

50 million and he couldn’t get in Brighton’s side mmmm🤔

He went to Leeds all season and had a great season. Hence they want to buy him.

He is quality from what I've seen and would like him but I'd like to see how he fairs at Brighton in the PL first. Also at £50 you'd want a more complete package than a player with good potential.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah established, full international that is quick and actually a very good footballer... Nope definitely not. 

He has had a rough time at Man City and often been used as a scapegoat. 

We'll have to agree to differ on this one.

Completely overrated IMO. Career has gone backwards massively. Looks like a rabbit caught in car headlights when under pressure. Rarely gets a game at Man City nowadays. CB is their weakest position but they quite often play other players who are not defenders rather than him.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

50m for an unproven 22 year old. Rather pay half of that and go after John stones. 

You’d pay quadruple the wages and end up even.

so it’s a case of who is better.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

£50m should be you one of the best centre halves in the league. I can't foresee White being one of them next season. 

A promising youngster but better value to be had elsewhere.

£50m is too much for White, agreed but in today's market that price wouldn't get you near most of the Leagues top CB's. 

The only reason I’d be happy with it is to piss Leeds fans off cos they are w***king over him.  

The lad who mentioned if he had a successful loan spell at WBA last season would he cost as much? No he wouldn’t. Fact.

I saw a few of there games and didn’t notice him much, but hope he does well....at BHAFC

He’s got every chance to be playing for England this season, so the question is will a club take a gamble on him for £25-£40m in hopes he gets into the England gold and suddenly becomes Maguires value? Or could he flop... IMO he’s worth the gamble but £50m would be way too much 

Leeds fans (being typical Leeds fans) and even some of their players are trying to force their club to get the deal done. The #FreeBenWhite all over social media is embarrassing and it’s likely going to get BHAFC a shed loads more cash than if it hadn’t happened. 

He was good last season, but the ‘he’s one of us’ mentality of Leeds Utd has kicked in and played right into Brighton’s hands. 

Either way, Brighton get White back after a good season on loan, or they get a massively inflated price due to his current demand at Leeds. 

Edit - Only Leeds could take a player on a season long loan and think they have a devine right to keep him. All the while, take a player on loan with a clause to buy and think they don’t have to honour it. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Leeds fans (being typical Leeds fans) and even some of their players are trying to force their club to get the deal done. The #FreeBenWhite all over social media is embarrassing and it’s likely going to get BHAFC a shed loads more cash than if it hadn’t happened. 

He was good last season, but the ‘he’s one of us’ mentality of Leeds Utd has kicked in and played right into Brighton’s hands. 

Either way, Brighton get White back after a good season on loan, or they get a massively inflated price due to his current demand at Leeds. 

Edit - Only Leeds could take a player on a season long loan and think they have a devine right to keep him. All the while, take a player on loan with a clause to buy and think they don’t have to honour it. 

Is that what they've done? With White or another player?

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Brighton trying to follow our model of selling players they want to keep. Can’t blame them.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Leicester City Football Club didn't invent buy low, sell high. 

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Leicester City Football Club didn't invent buy low, sell high. 

Agree. Atletico Madrid beat us at that last time I remember over the last decade.