Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Lawn Bowls

38 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

My boys play tomorrow up there. 12.30. Apparently you can watch on Bowls England website / youtube so I shall!

They only did the live streaming for the Men’s and Women’s pairs on Monday & Tuesday unfortunately mate

39 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

When you're down..... you gotta be up!

Sorry to hear it mate. Next year!

Thanks pal. Just the club singles semi (and hopefully final) and the final of the Club Championship left for me now

9 hours ago, Simo86 said:

They only did the live streaming for the Men’s and Women’s pairs on Monday & Tuesday unfortunately mate

Gotcha. I'll take a look at what is on later.

Best of luck in what you've got left. I had to concede loads of club stuff this year due to isolating so I've got only club mixed trips and club 100 up now (both semi final stage)

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Gotcha. I'll take a look at what is on later.

Best of luck in what you've got left. I had to concede loads of club stuff this year due to isolating so I've got only club mixed trips and club 100 up now (both semi final stage)

Good luck to you too mate

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Picked up my first singles trophy at our Finals weekend.  Not the men's championship but as an average club bowler I'm chuffed to bits.

Amazing! Well done buddy!!

I play our club singles final on Friday, then we've got the Leicestershire Club Championship final on Sunday. 

Two more games and the season is over for me....fingers crossed for a couple more trophies!!

Edited by Simo86
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 07/08/2022 at 18:45, kenny said:

Does anyone know of any sets of size 0 outdoor bowls for the in-laws?

Used would be ideal.

You're probably best to look on ebay or on actual bowls retailers (they usually have a used section).

Failing that you could always contact any clubs local to you as members sometimes sell their used bowls at their respective clubhouses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

You're probably best to look on ebay or on actual bowls retailers (they usually have a used section).

Failing that you could always contact any clubs local to you as members sometimes sell their used bowls at their respective clubhouses.

Can you recommend the retailers? They went on ebay without much joy in the smaller size hence me asking on here.

I think they found 1 set nationally for sale.

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

Can you recommend the retailers? They went on ebay without much joy in the smaller size hence me asking on here.

I think they found 1 set nationally for sale.

BH Midland (Melton)

Boston Bowls

Shotbowl

The Bowls Shop (Notts)

Bowls4U

Bowls Wear

BowlsDirect

Bond Bowls

Bowls World

You may have to contact them directly for used bowls though :thumbup:

Edited by Simo86

29 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

@The People's Hero How's your season gone buddy?

I've managed to qualify for Leamington in the pairs, won the Leicestershire final on Sunday. We play Kent A in the prelim at Leamo so you'll have to let me know what they're like once the qualifier names are up!

Bloody good actually, thanks for asking. I bowled less and that really helped.

This is a big week actually; we won our area league as a club on Monday (Weald) and should seal the Millennium league tonight which is the biggie in terms of club prize money; then we should also win our Friday night triples this week.

I got a walkover for our area M&D men's triples semi as well; regretting not entering counties as I'm bowling well, but by the same token I don't think I could fit it all in and I'm definitely not turning my back on playing for the club teams who picked me when I wasn't at my best.

Highlight this year was a massive win in the 2 wood (for the club) against the chap who has often won our division/area in the 2 wood.

I might be up at Leam this year as some ladies teams from my club have got there. I meant to follow our men's 4s up there last year but just didn't.

As an aside; i'm on the waiting list for Potters this year to see how its really done!

Let me know who Kent A ends up being mate; I will likely know the bowlers. Kent is a funny old area/division, dominated by a number of strong clubs. Some of the elite bowlers have been moving around en masse and suddenly making previously weak clubs very strong and then moving on.

How did your club get on in the Bert Cox (men's double fours national I think)? We entered two teams and inevitably lost to our other team. Our other team are still in it and have a tough game coming up soon.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Bloody good actually, thanks for asking. I bowled less and that really helped.

This is a big week actually; we won our area league as a club on Monday (Weald) and should seal the Millennium league tonight which is the biggie in terms of club prize money; then we should also win our Friday night triples this week.

I got a walkover for our area M&D men's triples semi as well; regretting not entering counties as I'm bowling well, but by the same token I don't think I could fit it all in and I'm definitely not turning my back on playing for the club teams who picked me when I wasn't at my best.

Highlight this year was a massive win in the 2 wood (for the club) against the chap who has often won our division/area in the 2 wood.

I might be up at Leam this year as some ladies teams from my club have got there. I meant to follow our men's 4s up there last year but just didn't.

As an aside; i'm on the waiting list for Potters this year to see how its really done!

Let me know who Kent A ends up being mate; I will likely know the bowlers. Kent is a funny old area/division, dominated by a number of strong clubs. Some of the elite bowlers have been moving around en masse and suddenly making previously weak clubs very strong and then moving on.

How did your club get on in the Bert Cox (men's double fours national I think)? We entered two teams and inevitably lost to our other team. Our other team are still in it and have a tough game coming up soon.

Awesome! Well done mate!

Yeah once Bowls England update the competitors I'll let you know :thumbup:

We lost in the area semi final due to us not being able to put out our strongest team in the national two fours. The other team screwed us a little bit with the dates they offered.

Lost in the area final of the national top club too. Me and my dad also had to give the area final of the family pairs due to my dad being ill with Covid and Bowls England not allowing us a few days extension on the play by date. There response was, can you not get a sub. I'd understand in other comps, but you can't just play with anyone in the family pairs :blink: Massive shame as on paper we should have at least got to the national quarters and be at Leamington in that as well.

Winning the pairs has softened the blow a little though lol

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

How did you get on at Leam @Simo86 ?

I didn't enter Counties this year; but won M&D men's and mixed triples. M&D is a fairly large chunk of Kent; possibly our division and a bit extra.

Won the first game against the Kent pair (James King & Tony Marshment) pretty comfortably, then lost the last 32 match against a pair from Northants who eventually lost in the semis.

Nice one 👍🏻

We won our County Club Championship as a club on Sunday.

I’ve just got the club singles left to play in now, semi on Friday and then hopefully the final on Sunday…I’m favourite to win it, so probably won’t 😂 I’m hoping to though, so I can have a stab at the Champion of Champions next year.