Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Bryan Mbeumo

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Cheers Paul. I Was hoping a brentford fan would pop on here.

Of the BMW who is the best fit for the prem then? 

Personally i think: 

SB is going to smash it. 

OW is going to flop 

BM ... I’m undecided 

I think they could all make it, SB & OW took a couple of years to come to fruition, BM has advanced so quickly in just a year it's amazing, to me he's the gem out of the three and will go places.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

10 million pounds for a League 1 player?! Jesus Christ!!

I know, it's a ridiculous amount but ten Million is paper talk, it won't be that much but it will beat our previous record of 6 Million for Mbeumo, if it's true we are signing him, If you want a player who's good for your team, you pay the price or miss out, two of our front three will be sold, perhaps all three and the money received will more than cover that supposed outlay with plenty left over, football is just not only a game, it's a business I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

I know, it's a ridiculous amount but ten Million is paper talk, it won't be that much but it will beat our previous record of 6 Million for Mbeumo, if it's true we are signing him, If you want a player who's good for your team, you pay the price or miss out, two of our front three will be sold, perhaps all three and the money received will more than cover that supposed outlay with plenty left over, football is just not only a game, it's a business I'm afraid.

I reckon he'll be another one that comes good and you make a profit on him in 2/3 years, it just shocked me that 10 million is the fee. It probably includes add ons though? I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

wasn’t Justin about 9m?

Think he was 8m with add ons included? We're a EPL team though so I guess we always pay a slight premium over Championship clubs, still, even 8m is a lot for a League 1 player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I reckon he'll be another one that comes good and you make a profit on him in 2/3 years, it just shocked me that 10 million is the fee. It probably includes add ons though? I'm not sure.

Think he was 8m with add ons included? We're a EPL team though so I guess we always pay a slight premium over Championship clubs, still, even 8m is a lot for a League 1 player.

£6m with add ons that could total to £8m for Justin.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I know that's the price you pay nowdays, but it just stuns me!

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/05/top-3-most-expensive-league-one-players/

Lookman was 11 million pounds?! Delph was 8 in 2009!

Delph was a huge fee back then. Im glad the smaller teams are not having their pants down anymore though. If we would of brought Justin from an established club I can guarantee his value would of been around £10-£15m. So we still got a good deal.

But it is good for England as teams like Luton are paying more attention to their academies, hoping they get a lad like Justin who will probably fund the club for the next few years. Which is great for the national side as more homegrown talent is being brought through. 

18 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would not be surprised if there’s more in this than we think. We all know of the clubs scouting network in France, wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve had Mbeumo on our radar for some time. We’ve seen he can cut it in England, so he may now become of interest to ourselves.

If you claim you think you had him on your radar for some time, why was it we beat you to his signing last year? if he is now of interest to you, it's going to cost you a lot more for his services.

4 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

If you claim you think you had him on your radar for some time, why was it we beat you to his signing last year? if he is now of interest to you, it's going to cost you a lot more for his services.

Because we are in the position now where we don’t have as much time to be patient with players. I doubt we would of signed Mahrez or Vardy if we was in the position we are in now.

It allows clubs like us to see how they make the step up to clubs like yourselves first.

Wasn’t intended to be personal lol Seemed to hit a nerve there, it’s just the way football is now days, similar how clubs like United or Chelsea wait to see how players like Maguire or Chilwell develop prior to making a move. Clubs are more willing to spend extra knowing they are proven at a big level rather than chancing millions.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Understandable actually, the jump from Ligue 2 to Champ is huge, the gulf to the Prem is massive. Makes sense that from a career perspective he'd get more game time and opportunities to learn/acclimatise at a Championship club than in a prem club where opportunities are hard to come by and unforgiving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Understandable actually, the jump from Ligue 2 to Champ is huge, the gulf to the Prem is massive. Makes sense that from a career perspective he'd get more game time and opportunities to learn/acclimatise at a Championship club than in a prem club where opportunities are hard to come by and unforgiving.

Glad I wasn’t the only one that thought it wasn’t rocket science lol 

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Because we are in the position now where we don’t have as much time to be patient with players. I doubt we would of signed Mahrez or Vardy if we was in the position we are in now.

It allows clubs like us to see how they make the step up to clubs like yourselves first.

Fair point, but could be an expensive way of getting players in, sometimes recruitment teams have to take that gamble, we did, and it paid off.

2 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Fair point, but could be an expensive way of getting players in, sometimes recruitment teams have to take that gamble, we did, and it paid off.

But without meaning offence, Brentford are in a position where it is a lot less demanding for a transfer to succeed. A few bad games In the premier league and your head is being called for. In the championship a few bad games is just a learning curve, that you’ll learn from the week after. You don’t have that time in the premier league, especially if you are challenging for Europe. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

It’s also a model that works well for everyone. Teams like Brentford make some dollar, and we have a lot clearer idea of how that player will adapt. It’s basically a really expensive scouting report lol 

15 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

We use the same statistical based analysis as you do, but it won us three league championships and 100 millions in additional revenue.

We won't buy as many 'lower' league players now as to the level we compete at, but James Justin is an example where we still do.