Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Bryan Mbeumo

58 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Not that impressed. We shouldn't be fixed on looking inside of England. A lot of the prices are highly exaggerated. Would prefer the other wingers linked instead of him 

We get you don’t want him mate. You’ve said hahaha

2 hours ago, Paul Miller said:

For what you saw of him on TV at the end of the season I would agree with you, he was poor, Testing positive for Corona 19 virus obviously affected him more than anyone thought and left him slightly out of sorts, I can only say that over the course of the whole season I saw him play he was sensational for his age, performed far better than anyone would have imagined, so don't judge him on a few TV performances when he wasn't quite himself.

Cheers Paul. I Was hoping a brentford fan would pop on here.

Of the BMW who is the best fit for the prem then? 

Personally i think: 

SB is going to smash it. 

OW is going to flop 

BM ... I’m undecided 

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Looks like the kind of player we would sign. Up and coming plenty of talent ready for the step up. Would love this to happen.

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

... and if he does progress well then every other PL club will be lining up and the fee will be massive. 

5 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I get the probably needs one more season, but he could then have a bigger fee demanded, Brentford get promoted and we miss out. This way we get him early and cheaper and he will play plenty with 4 competitions to improve? I think yes from me 

Sorry, but these sorts of players should not be our priority at this time. We need players who can contribute immediately, not someone who might very well turn out to be another Demarai Gray. When we have addressed our immediate needs, we can return to such speculative purchases.

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Sorry, but these sorts of players should not be our priority at this time. We need players who can contribute immediately, not someone who might very well turn out to be another Demarai Gray. When we have addressed our immediate needs, we can return to such speculative purchases.

My comment was not suggesting he’s not ready to contribute straight way. I think he is. I think he is a massive talent that will easily adapt to playing at a higher level and will contribute straight away. It’s just an added plus that he will has room to develop further. I think he has the potential to go right to the top of the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Miller said:

Just been announced that he's been called up for the French under 21 team for their next round of matches, so things are looking on the up for him.

Thanks FFF. Just added another couple of million to the price-tag. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We don't know he's a priority.

It could be that we are looking at purchasing six players rather than just one.

Why is it that so many have a meltdown if we're linked with a player that doesn't fit their particular list of priorities?

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Understand the thinking here but also think it is wrong :)

If, let’s say, he becomes a great player, then his improvement over the next year may move him outside our reach come next years transfer window.

Players who would contribute immediately, especially those who would elevate us, are likely now just outside our reach, so we need players like this, those who are the most likely to come good but don’t have so called elite clubs chasing them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Miller said:

Just been announced that he's been called up for the French under 21 team for their next round of matches, so things are looking on the up for him.

Best way to stay there is play at the top level I hear. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We don't know he's a priority.

It could be that we are looking at purchasing six players rather than just one.

Why is it that so many have a meltdown if we're linked with a player that doesn't fit their particular list of priorities?

I will ignore the ad hominem ‘meltdown’ silliness.

If he is one of (eg) six players being purchased, with the others addressing areas of immediate need, then by definition the club agrees with me that he’s not a priority. 

12 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I will ignore the ad hominem ‘meltdown’ silliness.

If he is one of (eg) six players being purchased, with the others addressing areas of immediate need, then by definition the club agrees with me that he’s not a priority. 

He may not be a priority but that shouldn't stop us looking if he's available now for £10m less than next season.

You don't always get the chance to bring in players in the order that they appear on your list of priority purchases.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Understand the thinking here but also think it is wrong :)

If, let’s say, he becomes a great player, then his improvement over the next year may move him outside our reach come next years transfer window.

Players who would contribute immediately, especially those who would elevate us, are likely now just outside our reach, so we need players like this, those who are the most likely to come good but don’t have so called elite clubs chasing them.

Staying on hypotheticals, let’s say he doesn’t become a great player? :)

Unfortunately, we are not going to warehouse all the world’s potentially great players at the club. The window is still open until October 5, but with the season fast bearing down on us, the priority should be players who will address areas of immediate needs, and/or can contribute immediately. We can return to speculative purchases later in the window or in another window. Reasonably certain that he won’t be the last potentially great player to emerge.

Btw, I disagree that players who can contribute immediately (which includes upgrading the quality on the bench) are outside our reach.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Unfortunately, we are not going to warehouse all the world’s potentially great players at the club

This is where technical scouting comes in, no?

10 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Btw, I disagree that players who can contribute immediately (which includes upgrading the quality on the bench) are outside our reach.

Can you imagine if we all agreed, all the time:D

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is where technical scouting comes in, no?

Can you imagine if we all agreed, all the time. :D

Including agreeing to disagree, we can. :D

I am all for taking the occasional speculative punt, but frankly at this point I would only be interested if there’s a realistic possibility that he can contribute immediately (and it appears some on here believe he can). At the moment we are in real danger of starting the season with an even weaker team than the one that so spectacularly collapsed from the turn of the year, with Chilwell gone and Evans, Ricardo and possibly Maddison missing from the starting lineup, in addition to a crocked Fuchs. 

Let’s not be like the proverbial farmer who busied himself with chasing rats while his farm is on fire. :crylaugh:

Edited by NaijaFox

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Including agreeing to disagree, we can. :D

I am all for taking the occasional speculative punt, but frankly at this point I would only be interested if there’s a realistic possibility that he can contribute immediately (and it appears some on here believe he can). At the moment we are in real danger of starting the season with an even weaker team than the one that so spectacularly collapsed from the turn of the year, with Chilwell gone and Evans, Ricardo and possibly Maddison missing from the starting lineup, in addition to a crocked Fuchs. 

Let’s not be like the proverbial farmer who busied himself with chasing rats while his farm is on fire. :crylaugh:

Of course, I posted in some other random thread what I suspect is happening with us in this window.
But in short, I suspect....

We just are not as attractive as some people think, and the level of targets we want may come but it will be late in the window if nothing better materialises