Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

No plan B or a way of breaking teams down

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Calling someone a 'clueless moron' isn't an opinion, it's basically routine dismissive abuse. I somehow doubt that anyone would remain philosophical on here if they were called a clueless moron, or accept that the 'opinion' was in any way valid. 

Next time you're having a debate about anything, try calling your correspondent a 'clueless moron' and see what happens. It could be a variety of responses, but I very much doubt it will be 'well, that's just your opinion'.

Very good point. I do actually agree with quite a bit but not all of what was said but, sometimes an argument can be overshadowed by certain unfortunate comments. 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

That is different level back tracking. 

It’s really not. It’s about hearing other people’s opinions and seeing the point despite not agreeing.

For example his opinion on Brendans job at Liverpool. Some will think he did a fantastic job and was ‘unlucky’, I think more that he should of won it and had Suarez(arguably the greatest striker in the modern era), Sturridge(who in his prime was a top striker), Stirling(always touted as a world class player and Coutinho(the most expensive export from the Prem and a world class player).

With that’s firepower, My opinion is that he should of done better and won the thing. He’s gone into jobs that are set up brilliantly for him and have world class talent but it’s opinions not backtracking.

He was a clueless manager who got it completely wrong vs West Ham. I can’t pretend anything different. If people don’t agree then that’s fair enough but that’s my opinion and was BEFORE the game as soon as I saw how we lined up I knew we were doomed.

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very good point. I do actually agree with quite a bit but not all of what was said but, sometimes an argument can be overshadowed by certain unfortunate comments. 

Because maybe I was a bit rude but the point remains. Sometimes on messages, things can not come across exactly how they are meant.

I like Rodgers, I don’t want him sacked and I wasn’t insulting him as a person in general. However vs West Ham he was clueless and he messed up. That’s just me judging his performance on that day, useless.

I notice a few times now he’s shown himself to fail in situations where he shouldn’t if he was such a top manager.

Brighton at home, Bournemouth away and West Ham , all 3 of them games he has performed like a moron. That doesn’t mean I’m dismissing everything he does that’s good but it just highlights too often the reasons why I think he will never be a TOP coach and more an average/ok one.

He has a terrible tendency to not notice when it’s clearly not working and hope something just happens. I was screaming at the stream when he wasn’t changing it and it summed it up that it took an Armarty injury for him to do something.

52 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s really not. It’s about hearing other people’s opinions and seeing the point despite not agreeing.

For example his opinion on Brendans job at Liverpool. Some will think he did a fantastic job and was ‘unlucky’, I think more that he should of won it and had Suarez(arguably the greatest striker in the modern era), Sturridge(who in his prime was a top striker), Stirling(always touted as a world class player and Coutinho(the most expensive export from the Prem and a world class player).

With that’s firepower, My opinion is that he should of done better and won the thing. He’s gone into jobs that are set up brilliantly for him and have world class talent but it’s opinions not backtracking.

He was a clueless manager who got it completely wrong vs West Ham. I can’t pretend anything different. If people don’t agree then that’s fair enough but that’s my opinion and was BEFORE the game as soon as I saw how we lined up I knew we were doomed.

Like several people have said, you make loads of good points and clearly care a great deal. My point is only that you use words like 'clueless' and 'moron' and it totally ruins your (generally fair and well argued) points of view. I'd respectfully suggest not doing so, then you don't have to defend it. 

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 13:46, foxinsocks said:

When a bus is parked we need to go around to the byeline. Ricardo and castagne can do this.   So should barnes and under 

...going wide for us is not really a good option!!!

The tendency is to send crosses into the box when out wide and we do not have the personnel in the box in order to convert. It is almost the same as giving us a corner, no team is going to have sleepless nights should they give away a corner.

We really need someone who can carry the ball forward, as the defence has to adjust to what is happening and the ball carrier has to be closed down. Either this comes from a Centre Half or someone who can take on a man and it is something we do not tend to utilise, Under might be an avenue we can use in time

22 hours ago, Fktf said:

As is often the case against teams that play narrow and deep once they take the lead against us, the only space we really found second half was wide and in front of the defence

Can't see the harm in having a tall striker to pick out with a cross in these games. It doesnt change the build up play to lump it forward, and we have wingers that can deliver accurate rather than hopeful crosses.

Plan b would be scoring goals like Antonio's and Wood's, from accurate crosses picking out a man. We've not had that capability in the squad since ulloa left. 

Agree and also hitting the target man doesn't have to be a long ball. You can do it playing ball to feet. It would really help is break through parked buses having a player who can play back to goal and hold the ball up unfortunately Vardy just doesn't have that in his locker. I think Kelechi can do it but he might just not be strong or big enough to be effective.

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The tendency is to send crosses into the box when out wide and we do not have the personnel in the box in order to convert. It is almost the same as giving us a corner, no team is going to have sleepless nights should they give away a corner.

We really need someone who can carry the ball forward, as the defence has to adjust to what is happening and the ball carrier has to be closed down. Either this comes from a Centre Half or someone who can take on a man and it is something we do not tend to utilise, Under might be an avenue we can use in time

We go to the byeline and then into the box.

Play it to near post like vardy's nan city goal... or cut back to arriving mid fielder

12 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We go to the byeline and then into the box.

Play it to near post like vardy's nan city goal... or cut back to arriving mid fielder

...that is what you would expect but how many people get into the box, how often is a player picked out!!!

I would love to see us play with intelligence but we don't, Castagne looks to pick someone out and his work in this area is top notch, but we are poor to support (getting into the box) and put balls in blindly hitting the first defender.

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This. Our MO in 15/16 was to stop teams route through the middle with Kante/DD, Fuchs and SImpson then forcing teams out wide with the knowledge that Huth and Morgan simply mopped up crosses into the box up all day long. This is why the "plan B" hoof into the box for a big bloke just does not work if you have decent CBs.

The only way for it to work is to stretch teams by getting it out wide committing and then beating the full backs, either 1 on 1 with pace or quick passing forcing opposition CBs to cover hence pulling them out of position to leave space for oncoming attackers. When teams deploy the low block successfully they are aware of this and simply do not commit, or have enough players back to prevent getting pulled out of shape. This then forces the wide attackers to either turn back or chuck a hopeful ball into the mix which is easily dealt with.

Bombarding the opposition with crosses, plan B style, may look like you have them on the back foot, but in reality you are playing into their hands