Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

No plan B or a way of breaking teams down

Yes West Ham played well today and yes we had injuries and it could just be one of those bad days at the office but I'm seeing a familiar pattern forming that's been stuck with us for a very long time.

Generally when we take the lead we win (not always I know) but the majority of the time because we enjoy it more when teams don't sit deep.

When we go a goal down and a team defends deep we literally might as well finish the game for the number of times we win. Now some might argue we came back from a goal down against Burnley (Burnley are literally useless at the minute and had a million injuries so that one doesn't really count) and v Man City....yes but they continue to push forward and do not sit back and defend.

I'm sorry but so long as teams come to the KP or indeed employ this tactic away from home we are going to yield very few if any points because we are trully useless at unlocking deep packed defences.

This could be Rodgers downfall as a bit like Pep he won't change his attacking principles. What we have to hope therefore is that we don't get done like this to often....for me that will cost us big time in the long run.

Edited by tickler28

7 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Yes West Ham played well today and yes we had injuries and it could just be one of those bad days at the office but I'm seeing a familiar pattern forming that's been stuck with us for a very long time.

Generally when we take the lead we win (not always I know) but the majority of the time because we enjoy it more when teams don't sit deep.

When we go a goal down and a team defends deep we literally might as well finish the game for the number of times we win. Now some might argue we came back from a goal down against Burnley (Burnley are literally useless at the minute and had a million injuries so that one doesn't really count) and v Man City....yes but they continue to push forward and do not sit back and defend.

I'm sorry but so long as teams come to the KP or indeed employ this tactic away from home we are going to yield very few if any points because we are trully useless at unlocking deep packed defences.

This could be Rodgers downfall as a bit like Pep he won't change his attacking principles. What we have to hope therefore is that we don't get done like this to often....for me that will cost us big time in the long run.

Spot on with the when we concede first we lose. I know the last 2 have thrown that case out, but Burnley we played our best and didn’t fear them. Man City they arnt the type to sit deep so if they don’t hammer us, we have a chance to get at them.

West Ham was the perfect team to beat us because they play a way where there so comfortable if they score first. I don’t blame a single player on the pitch today on our side as they gave there all but West Ham were very much perfect at putting 2 walls In front of us and play off Antonio on the counter attack, an absolute treat for the Hammers and why I’m fuming that BR is a clueless moron.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Spot on with the when we concede first we lose. I know the last 2 have thrown that case out, but Burnley we played our best and didn’t fear them. Man City they arnt the type to sit deep so if they don’t hammer us, we have a chance to get at them.

West Ham was the perfect team to beat us because they play a way where there so comfortable if they score first. I don’t blame a single player on the pitch today on our side as they gave there all but West Ham were very much perfect at putting 2 walls In front of us and play off Antonio on the counter attack, an absolute treat for the Hammers and why I’m fuming that BR is a clueless moron.

Oh for goodness' sake stop these overreactions and hyperboles. Rodgers is not a 'clueless moron' - why would you even say that? Was he a clueless moron last week too then?

You make it sound like the players are robots and that Rodgers is controlling them. It's ridiculous to suggest the players aren't responsible for the performance - they're the ones affecting the game directly.  

Rodgers cannot go out on the pitch and make sure the players don't make poor passes or needlessly give the ball away.

Yes there was a tactical element to the game today, but on another day, we would've exploited the space in behind and had a lucky break here or there. It just didn't happen today, but that doesn't mean the team or manager are suddenly useless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think yesterday was our plan B and if anything I preferred it to our plan A, possession much higher up the pitch, trying to press, we didn't create much anything which we need to look at and do something about but on the hand it's just unfortunate West Ham were solid.

The only thing I could criticise or question for it was our plan B is not much different to our plan A in the way the our style doesn't change its just we move further up and that's only because West Ham were so deep (That's not a criticism of West Ham, they did it well and fair play to them).

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The thread gets slated and it is a tired phrase but you've got to admit some of our chasing of games is pitiful at times.

Oh you're very much correct. But yesterday was an off day added to by missing Praet/Maddison/Ricardo/Ndidi. Our style had to change due to missing that additional creative 8. Could've been a chance for KDH or Hamza to step up.

I apologise for repeating myself (but I'm hardly alone in that habit on here), but sometimes, as many have said themselves here in so many words, everyone has an off-day and the other team is bang on. That happened yesterday, it happened the other way round against Man City. Of course there's analysis to be done, but there is a danger of over-thinking this (oh the irony).

We're missing so many key players and yet have managed 9/12. It was just disappointing yesterday.

• Like 1