Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Remembering wins at the 'big 6'.

8 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

3 years running winning at Anfield! 
Cant think why I missed the Cottrell/Gilchrist win but I was there for the 1-0 (Marshall) and 2-1 (Elliott & Fenton - in the ‘home’ seats).

My then girlfriend had £2 on us and won about £25 - can’t recall whether on the result or first scorer!

Marshall was a last minute (or very close to) winner Kop end wasn’t it?

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Include Exeter City on that list where I was 3 days before on that depressing night. 

Not to mention harlow.

I think our win at Arsenal (one in 27 games) equals Tottenham's current record.

This win at Arsenal had been coming- we could've had another two in the past three years if we'd done a bit more/ held our nerve.

The best win was at Man City in 2016- a truly magnificent performance.

I wasn't at Highbury but l remember a win at there. It was the last game before Christmas 1963 and I was working as a casual for a few days at the Leicester sorting office in Campbell St. I recall a copy of the Sports Mercury being passed around. The headline? "Cracker from Mac". Arsenal 0  City 1. Frank McLintock had grabbed the winner. Next year he was transferred to Arsenal for £80,000 - then a transfer record. That was a good Christmas - we went on to thrash Everton (the reigning champions) home and away.

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m thinking of Chelsea, I got mixed up. I do remember the Colin Hill goal though. Did we lose 5-1? I remember their fans thinking it was hilarious how hard we celebrated that goal when the game was buried.

That was a joke that night. 

1-0 down and Peter Schmeichel (I think) came out and did a professional foul when we had a 1 on 1.

A yellow card was issued and a free kick given outside the box. 

This got charged down and they ran up towards us and went 2 up. 

Not that I'm bitter, but I'm still f%&kin fuming about it. 

😉😄

4 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Your correct. He also scored again at the Stretford again in 98/99 to put us 2-0 up before Becks killed us. The stat is since that goal, only 4 goals in 11 games and not 1 in front of the Stretford end in 11 tries 😮.

I remember watching that opening day game in the bar at Filbert Street. 

Think they did some sort of beam back as our tickets went very quick. 

Gutted when Becks hit that😒

That 1-0’win at Old Trafford was brilliant, they absolutely battered us, but couldn’t put the ball in the net.

I remember the last 10 minutes Just waiting for the net to bulge as Sherringham in particular missed chance after chance.

That was a proper smash and grab

50 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I remember watching that opening day game in the bar at Filbert Street. 

Think they did some sort of beam back as our tickets went very quick. 

Gutted when Becks hit that😒

I was a little kid but remember feeling sick watching sky sports. Saw it at 0-2 at 80 mins and thought wow 😮. I’ve dreamed of winning at OT since, yet not even close.

Arsenal away was another bogey we have got off our back now, however we have been unlucky often (15/16 if Simpson stays on we possibly win, 17/18 3-2 up with 10 to play, even 18/19 1-0 up.) at Highbury we were 1-0 until very late in 1999/2000 until frank stuck it in his own net, even the invincibles were losing vs our useless relegated 03/04 team at HT. 
Thats what’s strange about us at OT, not just in results but performances! I barely remember us playing well or being in a good position of winning. Something I hope we can achieve in my lifetime 😂.

We play them away at OT 3rd last game this season, can’t remember what happened last time we went to OT on the 3rd last game? 🤪.

32 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

That 1-0’win at Old Trafford was brilliant, they absolutely battered us, but couldn’t put the ball in the net.

I remember the last 10 minutes Just waiting for the net to bulge as Sherringham in particular missed chance after chance.

That was a proper smash and grab

I remember that miss! Shocking miss. Cole and Ole missed sitters too, we were holding on and proper smash and grab as you said! That result was the start of the end for their season, 1st home loss. Arsenal closed them in from here on.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I was a little kid but remember feeling sick watching sky sports. Saw it at 0-2 at 80 mins and thought wow 😮. I’ve dreamed of winning at OT since, yet not even close.

Arsenal away was another bogey we have got off our back now, however we have been unlucky often (15/16 if Simpson stays on we possibly win, 17/18 3-2 up with 10 to play, even 18/19 1-0 up.) at Highbury we were 1-0 until very late in 1999/2000 until frank stuck it in his own net, even the invincibles were losing vs our useless relegated 03/04 team at HT. 
Thats what’s strange about us at OT, not just in results but performances! I barely remember us playing well or being in a good position of winning. Something I hope we can achieve in my lifetime 😂.

We play them away at OT 3rd last game this season, can’t remember what happened last time we went to OT on the 3rd last game? 🤪.

I remember that miss! Shocking miss. Cole and Ole missed sitters too, we were holding on and proper smash and grab as you said! That result was the start of the end for their season, 1st home loss. Arsenal closed them in from here on.

Most of those arsenal defeats, I was in the arsenal bit. 

2016 was utterly gut wrenching and, as I was right next to the Leicester fans, a couple of them were goading me that they were still top, thinking I was a goober. 

'I f%&kin know we're top' I replied as I showed them my Leicester season tickets from my wallet. 

A steward thought it was hilarious and he was a bit of a laugh tbf. 

My gooners mate always got me in there, and I always got him in at filbo/KP. 

A 5-0,6-0 and Frank's late strike were beyond painful😣😄