Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...amazing we were throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get him!!!

I think we had even gone to £50m but he didn't want to come, good player, 

Thought I'd read somewhere that we 'offered' £40m knowing that it wouldn't be accepted.

Did we do this so we could push up the price of a player we were selling at the time?

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Thought I'd read somewhere that we 'offered' £40m knowing that it wouldn't be accepted.

Did we do this so we could push up the price of a player we were selling at the time?

or maybe to make an opponent pay more?

Bit of a left-fielded suggestion, but Yussuf Poulsen could be a good fit for Leicester.

Have been doing a bit of reading on him. He's 6'4, quick and presses high-up the pitch. Doesn't have the best goal return, but he made Timo Werner look like a good striker. Could be a good option to bring the likes of Barnes, Perez and Maddison into attacking moves, and be able to contribute to some improvement with set-pieces.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Bit of a left-fielded suggestion, but Yussuf Poulsen could be a good fit for Leicester.

Have been doing a bit of reading on him. He's 6'4, quick and presses high-up the pitch. Doesn't have the best goal return, but he made Timo Werner look like a good striker. Could be a good option to bring the likes of Barnes, Perez and Maddison into attacking moves, and be able to contribute to some improvement with set-pieces.

And more importantly a danish friend for Kasper 

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Gotta be looking at Ivon Toney if Brentford don’t go up. Scored another 1 last night. Up to 20 for the season. 

Also Armstrong at Blackburn. 

Personally think Brentford will come up this year, got to have learnt the lesson of the last 2 years, and although I'd love Toney here, I'd love to see them get a crack at the big time

Armstrong looks a good shout, although I'm only going off snippets with him to be honest

12 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Gotta be looking at Ivon Toney if Brentford don’t go up. Scored another 1 last night. Up to 20 for the season. 

Also Armstrong at Blackburn. 

while Toney would be a decent shout, i dont think that will happen, he'd cost near/over £30mil(given they sold Watkins for £30mil+)

Armstrong would be a good one too, cheaper in respects too but i think Newcastle have a 30/40% sell on clause in the contract there;

both having really good seasons and could both do well here imo

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

Armstrong looks a good shout, although I'm only going off snippets with him to be honest

Superb naturally talented player - Bamford-esque loan history. Always bemused that Newcastle never saw fit to recall him over the years. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Collymore said:

How do you come across these players Ric?

A lot of mindless discovery and then go down a rabbit hole of research. It's pretty unreliable but someone's got to do it here.

I also may or may not have access to one of the scouting tools that clubs/agents use. 

• Haha 2
On 04/02/2021 at 00:37, Leicester_Loyal said:

If Brentford don't get promoted I'd enquire about Ivan Toney if he carries on this form, I watched him tonight and he looked good. I thought the same about Ollie Watkins and still reckon he would have been a great signing.

Toney has 20 goals and 6 assists in 26 games, unreal. For reference, last year Watkins got 25 goals and 3 assists in 46 games.

Toney now on 23 goals and 9 assists in 28 games, ridiculous!!

Got a feeling he'll fire them to promotion, seems a great player.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Toney now on 23 goals and 9 assists in 28 games, ridiculous!!

Got a feeling he'll fire them to promotion, seems a great player.

I hope they do. Fantastically run club with a great way of playing. Love how they sell their supposedly best players and then reinvest in better......hmm, reminds me of another club who are 3rd in the Premier League :whistle:

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A lot of mindless discovery and then go down a rabbit hole of research. It's pretty unreliable but someone's got to do it here.

I also may or may not have access to one of the scouting tools that clubs/agents use. 

WyScout!

Celtic decided to use that exclusively and pay off a load of scouts in the process.

Fckin idiots.

• Haha 2
On 09/02/2021 at 15:09, sacreblueits442 said:

...amazing we were throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get him!!!

I think we had even gone to £50m but he didn't want to come, good player, 

Apparently we weren't really that interested in Sigurdsson but were using his price and valuation to get a better price on Mahrez.

IIRC I was very vociferous in us not buying Sigurdsson whilst others were creaming their pants at the thought. No value in a club like ours spending £45m on a 28yo proven EPL player who had already failed at an elite club and didn't interest another elite club. It was akin to buying a brand new car as an investment, his value was only heading one way the day Everton bought him.

Don't get me wrong he was a very good player and one of the best players in the EPL at the time outside the elite clubs but purchases like that are the road to ruin for a club like ours. Also a lot of his goals and assists came from set pieces which just means they're not worth as much as you're taking them away from another player who might take them.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...