Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Toney now on 23 goals and 9 assists in 28 games, ridiculous!!

Got a feeling he'll fire them to promotion, seems a great player.

I hope they do. Fantastically run club with a great way of playing. Love how they sell their supposedly best players and then reinvest in better......hmm, reminds me of another club who are 3rd in the Premier League :whistle:

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A lot of mindless discovery and then go down a rabbit hole of research. It's pretty unreliable but someone's got to do it here.

I also may or may not have access to one of the scouting tools that clubs/agents use. 

WyScout!

Celtic decided to use that exclusively and pay off a load of scouts in the process.

Fckin idiots.

• Haha 2

On 09/02/2021 at 15:09, sacreblueits442 said:

...amazing we were throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get him!!!

I think we had even gone to £50m but he didn't want to come, good player, 

Apparently we weren't really that interested in Sigurdsson but were using his price and valuation to get a better price on Mahrez.

IIRC I was very vociferous in us not buying Sigurdsson whilst others were creaming their pants at the thought. No value in a club like ours spending £45m on a 28yo proven EPL player who had already failed at an elite club and didn't interest another elite club. It was akin to buying a brand new car as an investment, his value was only heading one way the day Everton bought him.

Don't get me wrong he was a very good player and one of the best players in the EPL at the time outside the elite clubs but purchases like that are the road to ruin for a club like ours. Also a lot of his goals and assists came from set pieces which just means they're not worth as much as you're taking them away from another player who might take them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...