Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

With the transfer window open again in 2 months and injuries off the scale, I've created a topic for me to just relentlessly post foreign wingers and strikers in.

My first recommendation who's contract is up next summer and has started the season in blistering form - Vaclav Cerny.

Left footed right winger, a cheaper Florian Thauvin if we are looking to pick up a bosman to replace Gray on modest wages.

34 appearances and just 4 goals in the Eredivise since 2015 and now 23 y/o. I remember the name from FM, but that is a pretty rubbish record.
He wasn't deemed good enough at Ajax or Utrecht, so I don't see why he would be a player we'd be looking at.

• Like 1

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=23-30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Had a look at some of the players whos contracts end next summer that we could realistically attract and should possibly look at

Florian Thauvin - 27 - Right Winger - Marseille

Hakan Calhanoglu - 26 - Number 10/Left Winger - AC Milan

Arek Milik - 26 - Striker - Napoli

Otavio - 25 - Number 10 - Porto

Fabian Schar - 28 - Centre Back - Newcastle

All except Schar we can approach in January and would improve our squad

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

With the transfer window open again in 2 months and injuries off the scale, I've created a topic for me to just relentlessly post foreign wingers and strikers in.

My first recommendation who's contract is up next summer and has started the season in blistering form - Vaclav Cerny.

Left footed right winger, a cheaper Florian Thauvin if we are looking to pick up a bosman to replace Gray on modest wages.

If we're talking left footed right wingers I've said it for the last 5 years but Dominico Beradi at Sassuolo would be awesome.

He can play a variety of the forward positions and his goal record in Serie A for a fairly average team is phenomenal. 

I think some of the big Italian clubs might be tempted if were to bid so he might not be cheap. 

• Like 1

It'll definitely be an interesting window. Plenty of teams will be scrambling around trying to get replacements for injured players or just bolster their squad in terms of numbers. Doubt any clubs will want to sell their best players midseason.

We could well have Ricardo, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Castagne, Amartey and Evans all back by then and fingers crossed no bugger else in the physio room (apart from Matty James obvs), so we might not need anyone.

Either way I don't expect us to spend big, though there might be some shrewd loan deals for key positions.

They always seem to chuck Leicester in these stories and then have nothing to say about us. Perfect Click bait - so to save you all clicking on it.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-west-ham-and-leicester-eye-luka-jovic-loan/

West Ham United and Leicester City are preparing to act, with the Sunday Mirror (1/11; page 61) reporting that Real Madrid are ready to loan Luka Jovic out during the January transfer window.

Jovic has endured a tough time since moving to the Bernabeu. As noted by Sky Sports, he cost Los Blancos £52.4 million in 2019. Unfortunately, he has not lived up to expectations.

GettyImages-1227704693.jpg
(Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images)

The 22-year-old has scored just two league goals for Madrid. And it now appears that he could be on the move when the next transfer window opens.

The Sunday Mirror (1/11; page 61) reports that Real are planning to put Jovic on the transfer list. It is claimed that he will be available on loan with an option to buy.

And the Mirror adds that both the Hammers and Foxes are plotting to make a move.

TBR View: Loan for Jovic looks a no-brainer for David Moyes
It would be no surprise if a loan for Jovic still did not come cheap. Sky Sports claimed that he was set to earn £8.7 million a year in Spain ahead of his move.

Why I Won't Forgive PATRICK BAMFORD
You would imagine that Madrid will want a significant chunk of his wages covered if he leaves on loan. However, that should not put West Ham off.

If Madrid have written Jovic off, it would be in their best interests to make sure that a loan move appeals to his admirers. That may be the best way to ensure that they are able to offload him permanently next summer.

So there is still potentially a good deal to be had. And if he does not impress on loan, the Hammers do not need to keep him beyond the end of the season.

Jovic scored 27 goals in the Bundesliga and Europa League during his final year with Eintracht Frankfurt. And if he can rediscover anything like that form elsewhere, a loan could be inspired.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who does he play for?  How many has he scored?

You can't expect us experts on here to do our own research.   We need facts.  Football is about facts.  Purely and simply facts.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, shen said:

34 appearances and just 4 goals in the Eredivise since 2015 and now 23 y/o. I remember the name from FM, but that is a pretty rubbish record.
He wasn't deemed good enough at Ajax or Utrecht, so I don't see why he would be a player we'd be looking at.

Was prolific for Ajax 2nd string and it'll take a breakout season for him to get interest from teams in the PL but he has huge ability just not shown it. On a free he could be very interesting but it's a wild punt admittedly.

28 minutes ago, Collymore said:

If we're talking left footed right wingers I've said it for the last 5 years but Dominico Beradi at Sassuolo would be awesome.

He can play a variety of the forward positions and his goal record in Serie A for a fairly average team is phenomenal. 

I think some of the big Italian clubs might be tempted if were to bid so he might not be cheap. 

Players gone on record to say he doesn't have any interest leaving Italy.

7 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Is he tho? When’s the last time he played wide in a front 3? Even with him we need better options because Perez is not a winger 

He's a winger so yes. Just so happens that he's now 4th in the pecking order

Ercan Kara - Central Striker currently playing for Rapid Vienna. Sort of player Congers would have signed at Celtic.   Knows where the goal is.  First season in the top division here, so will be interesting to see how he progresses.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, majaco said:

Cenghis Under just hasn't delivered for us.  He is well short of ten goals for us.

FFS give him time he's hardly played and not yet 100% PL fit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was prolific for Ajax 2nd string and it'll take a breakout season for him to get interest from teams in the PL but he has huge ability just not shown it. On a free he could be very interesting but it's a wild punt admittedly.

For right wingers, I'd rather want us to go for Calvin Stengs or Dodi Lukebakio.

With prices on the continent shrinking even further and with clubs particularly in France and Italy suffering financially moreso than the last lockdown then I'd open our purse strings (if needs be) to nail the kind of striker/winger/cb the recruitment team is looking for. But only on a permanent basis and with proven pedigree (or there or thereabouts).