Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

5 hours ago, 18to18 said:

Still want to land Sima or Faivre in the summer, however, prudent and efficient seems to be the undercurrent, my new suggestion:

9:  Janni Serra, Holstein Kiel:  22 year-old German CF.  193 cm (6' 4") with pace and dribbling ability, strong in the air.  Previously in Dortmund's system, he smashed the U17 and U19 Bundesliga, tore his ACL and MCL at age 18 playing at the U19 Euros.  As often happens, injuries forced him into the background.  Dortmund II loaned him to Bochum and eventually sold him to Kiel. 

Recovery began in earnest at Kiel where in 18/19 he posted 10 goals and 5 assists for 15 contributions in 30 appearances and 2198 minutes played - a goal contribution every 146 minutes played. 

In the shortened 19/20, he posted 7 goals and 3 assists for 10 contributions in 19 appearances and 1389 minutes played - a goal contribution every 93 minutes played.

This season, he's hit his stride, posting 7 goals and 1 assist for 8 contributions in 19 appearances and 1280 minutes played - a goal contribution every 160 minutes played, which seems like a wobble, BUT the goals are still adding in:

18/19:  goal every 220 minutes

19/20:  goal every 198 minutes

20/21:  goal every 182 minutes

Cost:  Contract expires in June, so he comes in on a free.

Summary:  Big, Strong, fast, aerial CF scores a goal each week and comes in on a free.  SIGN HIS PRE-CONTRACT TODAY.

Good shout, probably wouldn't get a work permit straight off the bat from the 2nd division in Germany so we'd need Leuven involved or another overseas club to take him on loan for a year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bring him back home! It was too early for him the first time he signed for us, but in our current team he would be brilliant!

He would be to be fair, much better than our alternatives. 

He'll be 30 by the time next season starts though. I wouldn't want us to invest in him at the expense of a younger player to replace Vardy long term. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Is it just me who would hesitate to have him back? I loved him when he was here, and he deserves more game time, but he's not exactly spoken highly of us since he left.

Anyway, I'm aware that's pretty much a parody account. Not even worth thinking too much about it I guess 😅

Eh, he's just one of those players who is a bit fickle and very self-focussed, so I don't think it was necessarily anything too personal about Leicester, and if there were any legs to this rumour (there aren't) it'd indicate that he still cares about Leicester at least a little, so I'd welcome him back, knowing full well what to expect. He's far better than anything we currently have and are likely to get from elsewhere, so it'd be silly not to. Besides, he's 29 so unless he goes to a European powerhouse like Barca/Real/PSG etc. now, its unlikely to ever happen so he probably would be less likely to push for a move in the same way he did when leaving us for Man City. 

That said, it's almost certainly total BS. :P 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bring him back home! It was too early for him the first time he signed for us, but in our current team he would be brilliant!

First time around was one of those cases where the transfer just didnt work out, through no fault of anyone involved. He just didn't quite fit with what we needed, and moving on was the best for all parties. 

Now, though, he'd be an excellent addition. He'd fit our new(er) style quite well I think, and even though he's almost 30 he'd bridge the gap for a few more years whilst we continue trying to replace Vardy. I'm all for it.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’d win the league if he was still here 

:wub:

Vardy

Barnes                           Mahrez

Maddison

Tielemans    Nididi

Castagne  Soyuncu  Fofana   Ricardo

Kasper

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s going to Munich

Deserves it now, stepped up the last two seasons to be far more consistent. Before that he'd go missing for half a season, which I think would have stopped any big move. 

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The board are sentimental sausages though aren't they. Doubt it'll happen but if there was a chance they'd go for it.

hmm not so sure. If the fans were upset with his comments just imagine how top felt after we treated him so well. 

I dont think they will look on him as fondly now as youd think. He really put the knives in and acted pathetically. 

Dont care how good he is, that bridge has burnt. 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

First time around was one of those cases where the transfer just didnt work out, through no fault of anyone involved. He just didn't quite fit with what we needed, and moving on was the best for all parties. 

Now, though, he'd be an excellent addition. He'd fit our new(er) style quite well I think, and even though he's already 30 he'd bridge the gap for a few more years whilst we continue trying to replace Vardy. I'm all for it.

That's my take on it too. Admittedly I didn't realise he was coming up to 30 years old so could understand the hesitation. Ings *might* be available in the summer who would probably fit our style better and is of a similar age profile. That said I expect we will go for a younger player instead as that fits the club's way of doing things.

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Everyone looks good in the Budesliga

Also scored goals in the Europa League, Champions League and at International Level. Did you see him at the World Cup? He was very good.

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s going to Munich

Yeah I suspect he'll go somewhere like that too. A very good player still in his prime that has little to no resale value but can do the business immediately. Is proven in in that league and would provide some respite for Lewandowski.

53 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How about Courtinho heard his value has drop by 100m to only 45m due to Barcelonas financial problems

We aren’t spending £45m on anyone other than a striker, even then that’s highly unlikely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Deserves it now, stepped up the last two seasons to be far more consistent. Before that he'd go missing for half a season, which I think would have stopped any big move. 

To be fair, he was playing for a whole team that would go missing for half a season. 

It's easy being consistent when you play for Bayern or BVB. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, he was playing for a whole team that would go missing for half a season. 

It's easy being consistent when you play for Bayern or BVB. 

Ha true, but so do we and Vardy still bagged. He went some silly number of games without a goal. 

I think Mahrez probably is angling at a move to another club but something tells me I don't think we'd be on his radar, then again I do wonder if he looks at us now and sees us as something different from what we were, but I'm convinced he still sees us as a little club that held him back and he would rather move abroad than join us. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

We aren’t spending £45m on anyone other than a striker, even then that’s highly unlikely.

We spent 40 on tielemans didn’t we? Qualify for the champions league and that would be the kind of figure I could see us matching or exceeding for the right player. Doubt it would be coutinho!

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Mahrez is wasted at Man City, he's had his fun there with some guaranteed trophies after being a bit part player. That's ticked off for his important CV, if he came back here we'd win things again and those achievements will carry more weight from real football people when the chips are counted at the end.

COME HOME SWEET PRINCE

Would love this, most skilful players we’ve had! Can’t see him leaving city though! We can dream I suppose!