Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He must be cursing his agent from a career point of view.  He's player around 900mins in 24 appearances. He hit over 3000 minutes for Ajax last season.

I was pondering this should we lose our beloved Youri. 

Edited by casablancas

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Inter Prem transfer so would be ridiculously priced

Don’t doubt it mate. Hopefully with a new contract on the horizon and with Youri having an actual brain he may wanna stay. Fingers crossed. I’ve already mentioned in the Youri thread ... if he signs a new 5 year deal he can have the fiancée as a play thing lol

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Has anyone suggested this lad? 20 years old and a free agent in the summer.... Work permit would be an issue I imagine. 

Yes, me the other day. I agree, him and Kaio Jorge both have their contracts up this year. Kaio Jorge would get a work permit as has got to the final of the Copa Liberatos this season. Marcos Paulo might struggle bit still young enough to perhaps swing it via youth appearances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, me the other day. I agree, him and Kaio Jorge both have their contracts up this year. Kaio Jorge would get a work permit as has got to the final of the Copa Liberatos this season. Marcos Paulo might struggle bit still young enough to perhaps swing it via youth appearances.

He looks like he is going to be some player. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Would love us to sign Ward-Prowse but would imagine Southampton would want alot for him and once Praet is back plus having Youri and Madders, not sure we would need him. His set pieces are so good. 

He would be a good addition, thats the type of midfielder we need to sign. As you say though, he would cost a fortune 

Last season was a lack of depth in defence! Eradicated by signing castange and Fofana. We have the same issue in midfield and striker. Which could be eradicated by signing Thauvin, Otavio and Edouard! I’d also definitely sign under. Then have 3 quality wingers with one hard grafter in albrighton and Thauvin can play left/right/AM. Giving us real options to rest players 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Trust the process, we’ll eradicate obvious depth in position problems come this summer we’re truly a club on the up 

Clearing Slimani/silva/Gray/Fuchs/Morgan and maybe James will allow us to go out for Thauvin/otavio and Edouard! Then in games next season we’ll be taking players like tieliemans off and bringing otavio on etc! Just better quality in depth!! And that might be when we can compete for another title. Atm we’re fast out of the traps and a long hard season brings fatigue and injuries and don’t have much to come in to freshen things up. If we hadn’t signed castagne/fofana we’d of been really struggling at the back. Doing the same further forward will be the missing pieces to this team 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

If we managed to get Champions League and were able to splash the cash (two huge ifs there), do you reckon we might be able to tempt Neto or Raphinha here? 

Probably, but they'd cost about 40m+. I think the only way we'll sign PL stars is if they're unwanted at their current club or their contract has less than 2 years left on it, otherwise the fees are too great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably, but they'd cost about 40m+. I think the only way we'll sign PL stars is if they're unwanted at their current club or their contract has less than 2 years left on it, otherwise the fees are too great.

Yeah, definitely wishful thinking. I can't see us spending huge sums like that and PL clubs will understandably want to hike prices as much as they can. I just think they're both in great form and look the real deal.

31 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Yeah, definitely wishful thinking. I can't see us spending huge sums like that and PL clubs will understandably want to hike prices as much as they can. I just think they're both in great form and look the real deal.

It's kind of wishful thinking, but not really. If we can become as good at finding forwards as we are at finding defenders, then we will find a younger, cheaper version with higher potential than those players. It's not easy, but we keep digging up absolute gems of defenders. Signing Soyuncu, JJ, Castagne and Fofana over the space of 2 years is incredible, really. 2 or 3 players of that quality further up the pitch would do us the world of good.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Raphina maybe, Neto no chance, would cost a fortune and can see him being on the radar of Europe's elite already.

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Raphina maybe, Neto no chance, would cost a fortune and can see him being on the radar of Europe's elite already.

Wouldn't go near either of them, missed the boat and there's absolutely no value in them unless they hit a poor spell and could be picked up on the cheap.

We do enough careful and considered scouting to not need to try and sign players from our rivals, its what some of the clubs we are threatening do and that's why we are able to challenge them. Our recruitment is to the envy of most teams in the country, I wouldn't change it as its a bit of a myth the " proven Premier League experience ". Look at Ayoze Perez, he's been an abomination. Sigurdsson at Everton has been horrendous value too. Steer clear.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't go near either of them, missed the boat and there's absolutely no value in them unless they hit a poor spell and could be picked up on the cheap.

We do enough careful and considered scouting to not need to try and sign players from our rivals, its what some of the clubs we are threatening do and that's why we are able to challenge them. Our recruitment is to the envy of most teams in the country, I wouldn't change it as its a bit of a myth the " proven Premier League experience ". Look at Ayoze Perez, he's been an abomination. Sigurdsson at Everton has been horrendous value too. Steer clear.

Yeah these guys you need to get before they go to the EPL. Similar at Celtic on a lesser scale in that guys in league 1 and the likes we need to be getting before they go to the likes of Brentford and those sort of sides. Changed days since we picked up the Championship's second top scorer for £2m.

Agree entirely, shopping in the EPL market is a quick way to go bust, absolutely no value whatsoever, mediocre journeyman regularly change hands for £30-40m these days.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah these guys you need to get before they go to the EPL. Similar at Celtic on a lesser scale in that guys in league 1 and the likes we need to be getting before they go to the likes of Brentford and those sort of sides. Changed days since we picked up the Championship's second top scorer for £2m.

Agree entirely, shopping in the EPL market is a quick way to go bust, absolutely no value whatsoever, mediocre journeyman regularly change hands for £30-40m these days.

Leeds and Wolves don't need to sell, they'll both view themselves as in a similar position to where we were 2 or 3 years ago. We've only sold our players for inflated fees and we aren't going to buy anybody for more than they're worth.

We are in an envious position where we can realistically compete for some of the best young talent around. We should be scouring countries like Austria, Belgium (easier with Leuven), Bulgaria, Bosnia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, GreeceNorway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Ukraine to pick up the proto world class players. I know it's not that simple but we've done it with Ndidi already. We can pick up the nascent De Bruyne types from Genk - we can't buy them one or two clubs down the line.

• Like 2