Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Someone else mentioned him a few weeks ago, but Alex Mighten at Forest ought to be a serious target. They are crap and need money and he has so much potential. He is very raw and there's a few things I don't like, such as always looking for a foul but he is explosive. Got a touch of the Adama Traore's about him. 

57 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Got a year left of his contract, doing very well in a poor side, 2 caps for Italy 2 goals also.

Should go after him in the summer.

Very good player, is he better than Ünder? I don't think so but not much in it.

On 03/02/2021 at 15:41, Babylon said:

:wub:

Vardy

Barnes                           Mahrez

Maddison

Tielemans    Nididi

Castagne  Soyuncu  Fofana   Ricardo

Kasper

That is a wet dream of an XI!

Make it happen Top/Rudkin/BoJo/Merkel

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There is some very pleasant players whos contracts are up this summer. We don't even need to spend anything on transfer fees if we play our cards right.

Yeah I can see that being the bulk of our business and if we are going on previous links then I think we will

sign Thauvin and Otavio.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Yeah I can see that being the bulk of our business and if we are going on previous links then I think we will

sign Thauvin and Otavio.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

I like the prospect of a few South American players from Brazil or Argentina, should be able to get work permits for them. Kaio Jorge's contract is up in December so they'll want to cash in this summer, Marcos Paulo at Fluminese was very highly rated a couple of years ago too. Risk free IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Farley said:

He’s agreed to join Man City academy 

Good move for his pocket but could be a bad move for his career. 

There isn’t really a pathway into Man City’s first team. They want results immediately and don’t have the patience to develop players for years like they have with Foden.. they much simply can use oil money and get world class players who are ready made to hit the ground running.

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Come the summer I think we should put a 65m bid in for ward prowse and ings for a double swoop. 

I think that the fee is reasonable for both players 

That may or may not be right, but it’s cloud cuckoo land I’m afraid. Unless we sell a Soyuncu or a Fofana there’s no way we’re spending £65m next summer!

There’s a pandemic on, & a humdinger of a recession to follow it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, les-tah said:

Good move for his pocket but could be a bad move for his career. 

There isn’t really a pathway into Man City’s first team. They want results immediately and don’t have the patience to develop players for years like they have with Foden.. they much simply can use oil money and get world class players who are ready made to hit the ground running.

One thing about joining Man City though is he will likely get farmed out to one of the other clubs they own, where he will at least get first team football

Until recently its not something you can really say for youngsters about joining us

On 04/02/2021 at 00:37, Leicester_Loyal said:

If Brentford don't get promoted I'd enquire about Ivan Toney if he carries on this form, I watched him tonight and he looked good. I thought the same about Ollie Watkins and still reckon he would have been a great signing.

Toney has 20 goals and 6 assists in 26 games, unreal. For reference, last year Watkins got 25 goals and 3 assists in 46 games.

Toney scored another 2 and got an assist today.

22 goals and 7 assists in 27 games.

20 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

That may or may not be right, but it’s cloud cuckoo land I’m afraid. Unless we sell a Soyuncu or a Fofana there’s no way we’re spending £65m next summer!

There’s a pandemic on, & a humdinger of a recession to follow it.

Ahhh gotcha so basically all football funding stops because of this.

Shame even if we get champions league football going by your logic we won't receive any funding from our league position or, European money this season and potentially champs league money.

But I guess Mr Negative we won't get **** all 

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Love your unchanged-by-life blue-tinted view of things! But in case you hadn’t noticed Barcelona & Real Madrid are practically broke, French football is on the brink, and Brighton & Southampton have reported £70m+ losses.

Our average net spend since promotion is under £20m. I’d be surprised to see it more  than double. If we can get Thauvin & Otavio for nothing & Tarkowski for under £20m I’d be a happy fox. If we can get a striker too for similar  (Edouard, £15m?) I genuinely think that’s probably our limit.  

We’ll get something for Ghezzal I suspect, and we’ll save Big Wes & Fuchs’ wages. Probably we’d lose Jakupovic & maybe Benkovic too. We’ll need to balance the books, and it’s not living in the real world to suggest otherwise.

IMO!

If we got them on a free thats a extremely successful window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Love your unchanged-by-life blue-tinted view of things! But in case you hadn’t noticed Barcelona & Real Madrid are practically broke, French football is on the brink, and Brighton & Southampton have reported £70m+ losses.

Our average net spend since promotion is under £20m. I’d be surprised to see it more  than double. If we can get Thauvin & Otavio for nothing & Tarkowski for under £20m I’d be a happy fox. If we can get a striker too for similar  (Edouard, £15m?) I genuinely think that’s probably our limit.  

We’ll get something for Ghezzal I suspect, and we’ll save Big Wes & Fuchs’ wages. Probably we’d lose Jakupovic & maybe Benkovic too. We’ll need to balance the books, and it’s not living in the real world to suggest otherwise.

IMO!

Yeah I kind of have to agree.

I see thauvin and Otavio on free then the only spendature I think would be Edouard £15-20 Million.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

IMO!

Praet will probably want out in the summer, and he'll surely fetch 15-20 million minimum.

• Sad 1