Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

If Brentford don't get promoted I'd enquire about Ivan Toney if he carries on this form, I watched him tonight and he looked good. I thought the same about Ollie Watkins and still reckon he would have been a great signing.

Toney has 20 goals and 6 assists in 26 games, unreal. For reference, last year Watkins got 25 goals and 3 assists in 46 games.

9 hours ago, peach0000 said:

We spent 40 on tielemans didn’t we? Qualify for the champions league and that would be the kind of figure I could see us matching or exceeding for the right player. Doubt it would be coutinho!

We weren’t in the middle of a global pandemic then, wiping out revenue left right and centre. Champions league football and doing well would probably just get us back on an even keel.

We also clearly need a striker above all else, so most of any budget will go there.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 22:19, Pliskin said:

Come on. No one in the top six should lose to Leeds. No one plays like Leeds because it’s mental and suicidal. They won’t be comfortably safe come the seasons end, because Bielsa’s sides historically burn out towards the end of the season. 

We lost because we were terrible, Leeds are the ideal team for us to play against because of the space they leave behind. Ordinarily we batter them like we did last time. But with shit in the side like Mendy and Perez we stand no chance at all. I maintain that without Wilf and Vardy were ordinary. We get away with it when we have one or the other, but lose both and we’re ****ed. You’ll see it again on Wednesdays we will lose because of the lack of aggression in midfield and upfront.

calmed down yet? 

Imagine winning WITHOUT Vardy and N'didi? 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We weren’t in the middle of a global pandemic then, wiping out revenue left right and centre. Champions league football and doing well would probably just get us back on an even keel.

We also clearly need a striker above all else, so most of any budget will go there.

I don't think we'll pay more than 20m for a player in the summer unless we get champions league which I still think is unlikely. It's a depresses market and they'll be value which we'll go for.

My hope is that we don't sell anyone and I think we've got an opportunity to do that by being savvy. That said, some of the biggest clubs in the world will fancy ndidi and tielemans.

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If Brentford don't get promoted I'd enquire about Ivan Toney if he carries on this form, I watched him tonight and he looked good. I thought the same about Ollie Watkins and still reckon he would have been a great signing.

Toney has 20 goals and 6 assists in 26 games, unreal. For reference, last year Watkins got 25 goals and 3 assists in 46 games.

Makes me want to hit my head off the wall anytime someone mentions the name Toney!

You make a great point and that's not the cause of my frustration, it's the fact he should be wearing a green and white hooped jersey just now if Lawell wasn't such a fat penny pinching twat!

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Makes me want to hit my head off the wall anytime someone mentions the name Toney!

You make a great point and that's not the cause of my frustration, it's the fact he should be wearing a green and white hooped jersey just now if Lawell wasn't such a fat penny pinching twat!

I'm sure he's already sent his letter of thanks to Lawell 

• Haha 3

What’s the views on trying for RLC? He impressed me last night and if he can stay fit can become a very very good player. I can’t see him getting serious game time over at Chelsea. Not sure they’d wanna sell to us ... but about time we took back from them. Although they can keep chillers and drinky. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

What’s the views on trying for RLC? He impressed me last night and if he can stay fit can become a very very good player. I can’t see him getting serious game time over at Chelsea. Not sure they’d wanna sell to us ... but about time we took back from them. Although they can keep chillers and drinky. 

Maddison is better and not sure how the two of them fit into the one side, especially with Tielemans around, who is also better. RLC has undoubted ability but he looks to me to be forever one of these guys who'll turn it on one game in every five.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Fair point about the pandemic but the income from the champions league would pay for our pandemic deficit twice over easily. It’s worth so much money.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

No, £30m

Pretty sure it was 40 mate https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youri-tielemans/profil/spieler/249565

30 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Fair point about the pandemic but the income from the champions league would pay for our pandemic deficit twice over easily. It’s worth so much money.

Pretty sure it was 40 mate https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youri-tielemans/profil/spieler/249565

I’ve heard it was substantially lower then the quoted 40 odd mil. I’m sure I Remember @UpTheLeagueFox posting about it. Although I could be completely wrong and apologise to @UpTheLeagueFox if I have it wrong and tagged you for no reason lol  

Edited by casablancas

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

John Percy from The Telegraph said a while after he signed that it was £32m. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/02/youri-tielemans-became-key-figure-brendan-rodgers-leicester/

I suppose it's just who you believe more but I think the Telegraph are generally more accurate than most.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Maddison is better and not sure how the two of them fit into the one side, especially with Tielemans around, who is also better. RLC has undoubted ability but he looks to me to be forever one of these guys who'll turn it on one game in every five.

I agree that madders is the better player and less prone to injuries. Tbf I was thinking more of the wide right role which he played last night. Was looking like Fulham’s only real threat on the ball. I am certainly interested in peoples views. 

Edited by casablancas

On 03/02/2021 at 15:47, FoxinNotts said:

For the summer;

- Buy Edouard for £25m (this is cheap).

- Make Ünder permanent signing.

- Make Dewsbury-Hall part of sqaud.

- Bring Benkovic back into the fold.

- Morgan and Fuchs to retire from playing.

- Release Matty James.

- Sell Ghezzal (whatever we can get).

- Maybe bring Iversen back and release Jakuopovic, but not too fussed.

Simples. All sorted. Let me know when it’s done Rudders 👍🏼

Won't Thomas take one of the 25 places next season?

48 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm afraid that's highly unlikely unless we win it. The rebate to just Sky for the end of last season was £170m across the 20 clubs. Chuck in any rebate agreement for this season, all the overseas rebates. Loss of match day income, corporate, shirts, advertising, sponsorships. Potentially having to rebate current sponsors and advertisers. The cost over two seasons is going to be pretty huge. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Would love us to pinch Matheus Pereira from West Brom when they go down.

Ripped the Championship to bits and has managed to impress even in Allardyce's anti-football.

Can play on the right or in the Maddison role, fits the club in terms of the type of player we sign and (and I can't stress this enough) he's Brazilian. 

...if memory serves I did not believe there were many posters sold on his acquisition in the previous transfer window!!!

I thought he was top class as with Robinson (Fulham) and Mcneil at Burnley. 

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

I’ve heard it was substantially lower then the quoted 40 odd mil. I’m sure I Remember @UpTheLeagueFox posting about it. Although I could be completely wrong and apologise to @UpTheLeagueFox if I have it wrong and tagged you for no reason lol  

John Percy reported it as €32m, which was at the time circa £30m.

@peach0000

Oops, I see some kind poster has done the hard work and found the article I was thinking of. £32m it is then!

Edited by Steve Earle