Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Peep Show

Oh shit I didn't notice that. Unless it's a fly on the wall or from the TV's perspective

I wasn't expecting them to live happily ever after but I was rooting for Mark and April, having said that in the way he (or rather Jez and Super Hans) "won" he back it was never going to work!

im happy they're both going to carry on being unhappy and jez is going to keep his head in the clouds and mark is going to be depressed about it.

"he really does love me"

"i really need to get rid of him"

or whatever it was as the last two lines. fitting. been like that since episode one series one.

• Like 1

Didn't they say with the Inbetweeners after the series ended though, and again after the first film? I don't think Peep Show will return but I wouldn't be totally surprised if a one-off special came about in 5 or so years. Just hopefully not at the cinema as I laugh so much I miss valuable minutes of other jokes

keep seeing people saying it was a disappointing or underwhelming ending. what were they expecting?! when has anything dramatic really ever happened? it's not like they were both gonna get killed off in a car chase or end up in jail or live happily ever after. that's the whole point. they're two complete failures stuck watching tele in a shit flat with basically nobody but each other no matter how hard they keep trying. bliss.

also i read that the last shot was the first ever non-POV shot to include just both of them

CWYg5AKW4AERIWq.jpg

Picked up on that too, and made the wife pause it to show her.

I asked if she noticed anything about the final shot, and she said "something looks different, but I can't quite tell what it is". Just shows how accustomed to the POV we became.

"I'm going to van it to Macedonia and start a moped rental".

keep seeing people saying it was a disappointing or underwhelming ending. what were they expecting?! when has anything dramatic really ever happened? it's not like they were both gonna get killed off in a car chase or end up in jail or live happily ever after. that's the whole point. they're two complete failures stuck watching tele in a shit flat with basically nobody but each other no matter how hard they keep trying. bliss. 

also i read that the last shot was the first ever non-POV shot to include just both of them 

CWYg5AKW4AERIWq.jpg

I can think of one more. In the episode where they go to Dartmoor and get lost on the moors at night, there's a wide shot of them both. I think that might be the only other non-POV shot, though.

Sad that it has come to an end. It was one of my all-time favourite sitcoms. It was pretty consistent throughout, especially considering how long it went on for. I thought series 5 was the worst, and there were a few weak episodes since, but I thought the last series was good, and it was probably the right way to end it.

"We're going to have parties in this place that go beyond fun, and actually get really nasty." - SuperHans

"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for w@nkers." - Jeremy

"Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality!" - Mark

"You said she was a knucklehead and she should knuckle down or you'd knuckle her fat head. Then you stamped on Gerard's foot." - Sophie

"You stomach levels bull5hit w@nker!" - Mark

"People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis, you can't trust people." - SuperHans

"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza, fvck each other. I'm serious. Fvck a chicken if that's what it takes. Watch a chicken fvcking a horse. What? You think the guys who invented Google sat around watching Trumpton?" - Johnson

• Like 1

Amazing. Watching it from the start again, season 2 is just incredible.

"Who needs romance when you're doing it up the bum?"

"It's our duty to God, Shiva, NASDAQ, whatever you want to call him."

Also noticing little things. Jeremy wearing Mark's interview tie for a funeral, Mark's celebratory cheer being to shout "Henmania". Just superb.

• 10 months later...

watched from start to finish over the last two weeks. again. just too good. the most quotable tele series ever, too, can slip a good dozen quotes into everyday conversation every day and people don't bat an eyelid, unless they know. 

was having a debate about ranking all the ladies in it the other day with a few pals. elena. christ i love elena. 

Edited by ScouseFox

also super hans does gigs now as super hans and was meant to play livpool last night but went on a two day bender and nobody could get hold of him so he didn't play.

had an ego attack probably drove to festivus with all the windows down shouting his own name. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

also super hans does gigs now as super hans and was meant to play livpool last night but went on a two day bender and nobody could get hold of him so he didn't play.

had an ego attack probably drove to festivus with all the windows down shouting his own name. 

Half of the bar is delicious smooth chocolate, the other half is human shit

54 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Thats no excuse, just needs to bang a load of Valium up his arsehole for the comedown