Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pegabur

Leicester City F.C. Song Book Released

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

or what about those old time classics from the seventies such as "we had joy we had fun we had the forest on the run", "we hate nottingham forest", that cornerstone of community relations "harry roberts is our friend" whenever an officer of the constabulary passed the kop end and the and the unforgettable "get your t*ts out for the lads" sung at every female police officer, st john ambulance or programme seller that walked behind the goal.

NB for the younger fans google Harry Maurice Roberts. I am not going to repeat the words here in fear of a ban, but you will get the jist of the sentiment.

And for some inexplicable reason, the Laurel and Hardy theme whenever the police processed in. 

They were certainly shit but there was a decent range and slightly more spontaneity. I concede, I'd certainly take today's vanilla chants over the vile content of the terrace songbook circa 1980s.

37 minutes ago, Line-X said:

And for some inexplicable reason, the Laurel and Hardy theme whenever the police processed in. 

They were certainly shit but there was a decent range and slightly more spontaneity. I concede, I'd certainly take today's vanilla chants over the vile content of the terrace songbook circa 1980s.

I had forgotten that one. Tbf most of the coppers took that in good humour. My late father in law was a policeman and he said whenever he was on duty at filbo  he played up to that by skipping along and waving to the kop. I always liked the “where’s your father referee?” One too

Edited by urban fox

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

or what about those old time classics from the seventies such as "we had joy we had fun we had the forest on the run", "we hate nottingham forest", that cornerstone of community relations "harry roberts is our friend" whenever an officer of the constabulary passed the kop end and the and the unforgettable "get your t*ts out for the lads" sung at every female police officer, st john ambulance or programme seller that walked behind the goal.

NB for the younger fans google Harry Maurice Roberts. I am not going to repeat the words here in fear of a ban, but you will get the jist of the sentiment.

Don't forget  the Noel Cantrell ditty

30 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

Don't forget  the Noel Cantrell ditty

29 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

Cantwell 

Was always good for the festive season.

Chelsea running away on Boxing Day is another festive and mythical classic.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Guest StevieLynex

English

The water in Maajorrcar don't taste like what it oughta

Geography

If I had the wings of an eagle, if I had the ...of a crow, I'd fly over Nottingham City and ....

History

Where were you at....

Religious Studies

Hark now hear the angels sing..

It's not God, it's only Andy Peake

Economics

In your Liverpool slums...

Sign on, sign on, with the dole cheque in your hand

Family

My old man said 'be a Forest fan', I' said ...

Neighbourly relations

On the pitch

Will you sing when we're outside

You must have come in a taxi

Healthy living

He's fat, he's round, he bounces on the ground..

Edited by StevieLynex

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

If I had the eyes of an eagle,

If I had the wings of a crow,

I'd fly over Nottingham Forest,

And s@*t on the b*@£*!%^s below, below,

S@*t on, s@*t on, s@*t on the -------- below etc

I seem to remember it was the wings of an eagle and the ‘ rear end’ of a crow?

Just now, StevieLynex said:

I seem to remember it was the wings of an eagle and the ‘ rear end’ of a crow?

Maybe, but the eagle is a proverbially far-sighted bird so eyes of an eagle would make more sense. In those days Forest were so far above us that the idea of relieving ourselves on them from a great height seemed ridiculous.

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Champions we are and champions we’ll be, we’ll follow the City with Jock Wallace as a leader....

I've still got the 45 of that record. The B side of the single was an hilariously incomprehensible interview with Jock Wallace by Dennis Coates if I remember rightly.

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

I've still got the 45 of that record. The B side of the single was an hilariously incomprehensible interview with Jock Wallace by Dennis Coates if I remember rightly.

Bring back Steve Lambden