Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lizzy

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

7 hours ago, Soup said:

Great record. Have been listening to so much Miles lately. Absolutely massive body of work. 

Pleased it was my recommendation - haven’t listened to it in years and had forgotten how good it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 07:08, Duquesne Whistle said:

image.jpeg.933356ea5c42f25a34d79c4ce3a8de47.jpeg

Played this twice over last weekend.

One of Dylan's best albums.

"You're an idiot babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe". Brilliant.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Played this twice over last weekend.

One of Dylan's best albums.

"You're an idiot babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe". Brilliant.

If you're going to quote that line, you have to quote these for full effect!

''Idiot wind
Blowing like a circle around my skull
From the Grand Coulee Dam to the Capitol
Idiot wind
Blowing every time you move your teeth

You're an idiot babe

It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe''

As blokes, we've all been there on occasion 

There's a lot to choose from, but it's my favourite Dylan album. Idiot Wind still makes me chuckle. I think he was/had just gone/going through a separation and it showed in some of his lyrics. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I'm a fan of Beatles but rarely put a record on these days.

This one is up there among their best. Good mix of their early straight up pop songs and the more psycadelic stuff that was to come on Revolver and Sgt Peppers.

RubberSoul_1.jpg

This is a superb album, one of my all time favourites, and one of their best.

Rubber Soul/Revolver/Sgt Peppers is a great run of albums and even before Rubber Soul you've got Help and A Hard Days Night.

I think the greatest thing about the Bealtes is how good their albums were. Even songs like "In My Life" were only album tracks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

If you're going to quote that line, you have to quote these for full effect!

''Idiot wind
Blowing like a circle around my skull
From the Grand Coulee Dam to the Capitol
Idiot wind
Blowing every time you move your teeth

You're an idiot babe

It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe''

As blokes, we've all been there on occasion 

There's a lot to choose from, but it's my favourite Dylan album. Idiot Wind still makes me chuckle. I think he was/had just gone/going through a separation and it showed in some of his lyrics. 

Man I love Dylan. His words are the best for me. I can't get my head around how good some of his lyrics are.

I think you're right in terms of him going through a seperation around this time. There's a couple tracks from the Blood On The Tracks sessions that show this.

Blood On The Tracks isn't my favourite Dylan album but it's in my top 5. I love the electric stuff he did on Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Man I love Dylan. His words are the best for me. I can't get my head around how good some of his lyrics are.

I think you're right in terms of him going through a seperation around this time. There's a couple tracks from the Blood On The Tracks sessions that show this.

Blood On The Tracks isn't my favourite Dylan album but it's in my top 5. I love the electric stuff he did on Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited.

I would put those two in my top 5 too. I think lots of Dylan fans would have those 3 albums right up there. 

When I come across Dylan fans, I always find it interesting which albums they like outside their top 5 or 10. Often, it's an album you're not overly keen on yourself and it forces me to take another listen. Sometimes that's good and I completely change my opinion. Sometimes it isn't lol

Time Out Of Mind is one of his better later albums, it's right up there, though it's not a particularly cheery listen. There's many 'honourable mentions' when it comes to his albums. I think you'd struggle to get too many agreeing on his top 10 even, such has been his output.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lizzy said:

I'm a fan of Beatles but rarely put a record on these days.

This one is up there among their best. Good mix of their early straight up pop songs and the more psycadelic stuff that was to come on Revolver and Sgt Peppers.

RubberSoul_1.jpg

Second album I bought - age of nine with a WH Smiths token I got for Christmas. Take a listen to this - 

Really annoys me when the images/thumbnails don't correspond with the date. In the interest of accuracy...

20117108_1415639721889564_2626195868695416696_o.thumb.png.92dcc33f0d26faf5b0ffe2bd11565633.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...