Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lizzy

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

Oh yeees.

Love this album.

I was pretty late to the whole Super Furry Animals party. Discovered them 2005 or so, but have seen them live 4 times since. Always great energy.

They had a great run of albums at the beginning of their career with this one, Radiator and Guerilla. All on Creation Records.

Actually, this might be my favourite of theirs.

R-25408-1319935024.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

On 14/12/2020 at 09:00, Lizzy said:

Oh. Something to wake me up.

Got a lot of love for New Orders run of albums at the beginning or their career, up to, and including, this one.

R-71215-1580051625-5518.jpeg.jpg

Just got Power, Corruption and Lies on CD today. My brother had it on vinyl when we lived at our parents. I probably haven't listened to it as a whole album in over 25 years.

For quite a while after its release, Technique was my favourite album. It's fallen from Grace since (not even my favourite New Order album - that would be Low Life), but still a classic.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just got Power, Corruption and Lies on CD today. My brother had it on vinyl when we lived at our parents. I probably haven't listened to it as a whole album in over 25 years.

For quite a while after its release, Technique was my favourite album. It's fallen from Grace since (not even my favourite New Order album - that would be Low Life), but still a classic.

P, C & L is one of my favourite albums ever. Low Life not far behind!

For today i got this one. Great, obviously!

71tuS7i74hL._SX522_.jpg

Had this earlier this week.

Interesting rock & roll from the late 50's with Buddy Holly. Not really a fan of that genre in general, but its fun to hear what a huge impact this early stuff have had on the music i listen to more regularly.

R-2152809-1345653926-8418.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

On 17/12/2020 at 21:52, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yes, still got it

On 28/12/2020 at 10:12, The People's Hero said:

Got this - and whilst I'm not a huge hip hop fan; I've enjoyed it (almost all the way through now)

Common - Be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_(Common_album)

6eb89c0ada50ad46200bf471b3bd23d0531092dc

Not a big fan of hip hop after the 90s but this is one of my favourite hip hop album from the last 20 years.

J Dilla is part of it, and everything J Dilla touched became golden.

50 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

parce-que-daniel-darc-bill-pritchard.jpg

Thats a hardcore one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is so good. Released the same day as Beatles released White Album, and because of that (lets pretend that's the reason at least) it became a flop and didnt sell much.

Ray Davies has called it "the most successful ever flop".

Anyway, one of my favourite concept albums and looking forward to listen to it again. Its been a while.

3cc8ff4c51120529731f7aa82d01f27b6acd579f

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lizzy said:

This is so good. Released the same day as Beatles released White Album, and because of that (lets pretend that's the reason at least) it became a flop and didnt sell much.

Ray Davies has called it "the most successful ever flop".

Anyway, one of my favourite concept albums and looking forward to listen to it again. Its been a while.

3cc8ff4c51120529731f7aa82d01f27b6acd579f

Great album. I've got the Deluxe version and Pete Townshend writes a forward where he calles it Ray's "Sgt Peppers".

But I like that other bands were trying different things and Ray Davies just wrote about England.

Not my favourite Kinks album but it's up there. Ray Davies is one of the true great songwriters and Dave was a superb lead guitarist (I love his solo's in All Day And All Of The Night and You Really Got Me).

• Like 2