Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

A post Vardy Leicester

This has to be planned for

Vardy will likely pick up an injury in the end and will lose his explosive pace

Even this season, if he’s out for a few weeks, I think we’ll see a real decline in our table position.

Kelechi isn’t the understudy and we need someone in who is willing to wait and then come in as our number 1 striker

I’d like to see Eduord here at Leicester (apologies for the spelling) 

• Like 1

What are Vardy’s main ingredients? 
I would say the main ones are pace, work ethic and snarling attitude (mentality). He could always finish at lower league level but took time to acclimatise to both Championship and then The Prem.

Kevin Phillips was instrumental in that latter crucial part. Vardy himself could take up that mantel when that day comes  when he knows it’s gone. 

All to say we need someone that shares the main ingredients. pace, a good enough finisher that can get better and with the right character. 

That would be my strategy. 

Edited by SydenhamFox

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

I would say it he main ones are pace, work ethic and snarling attitude. He could always finish at lower league level but took time to acclimatise to both Championship and then The Prem.

Kevin Phillips was instrumental in that latter crucial part. Vardy himself could take up that mantel when that day comes  when he knows it’s gone. 

All to say we need someone that shares the main ingredients. pace, a good enough finisher that can get better and with the right character. 

The biggest attribute of Vardy (apart from goals!) is his ability to allow a football team to play a certain way. 
He enables us to sit, defend tightly and then hit the opposition on the counter. He’s given us this for years and years.

Why? Because he’s lightning quick, chases everything down, must be a bloody nightmare to play against and he’s an intelligent player

He’s irreplaceable really 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The biggest attribute of Vardy (apart from goals!) is his ability to allow a football team to play a certain way. 
He enables us to sit, defend tightly and then hit the opposition on the counter. He’s given us this for years and years.

Why? Because he’s lightning quick, chases everything down, must be a bloody nightmare to play against and he’s an intelligent player

He’s irreplaceable really 

If I had to choose one attribute it would be the pace. The closest thing to peak Vardy I’ve seen is Anelka at Wenger’s first season (basically George Graham’s defence with pace up top) at Arsenal. They used to defend really well and then spring Anelka off the shoulder and it was deadly. We need someone fast otherwise we have to change the whole way we play. Whoever it is must have pace. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I would say it he main ones are pace, work ethic and snarling attitude. He could always finish at lower league level but took time to acclimatise to both Championship and then The Prem.

For me it’s his reading of the game and the runs he makes, his timing is impeccable most of the time. But when defence plays deep against him the passes and runs have to be inch perfect hence why we struggle to break teams down sometimes.

Love the guy but I’m also looking forward to us signing someone who can help this side of our play. I’m sure BR/scouting team has targets and waiting for a good time to invest.

Every time a thread pops up related to a post-Vardy world I dread it. It's almost as bad as fearing the certain loss of a parent. Not sure what is worse - the eventuality that his powers & effectiveness will diminish from age and injuries or the club not having a great back up plan as a security blanket.

Don't want our great club to be remembered fo being a once promising beacon of what could be but cut short by the loss of Vardy as its precious talisman.

Anyway enough of the doom and gloom lets enjoy him while he's here. There's more to come! COYF :scarf:

right - Vardy is the player he is because of a combination of 4 things:

- pace

- intelligence of movement (how many goals has he had called back for being offside since VAR came in?  I can't remember any)

- clinical finishing

- "chat shit get banged"

pace MAY be the most important of those, but it's not enough by itself.

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

His biggest strength is no longer his pace I would argue, it’s his movement, his uncanny ability to make a movement that is disruptive for the opposition. He is a clever bugger.

And with that, it's his intelligence and awareness. What he lacks in pace from a few years ago, he makes up for in speed of the mind.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

And with that, it's his intelligence and awareness. What he lacks in pace from a few years ago, he makes up for in speed of the mind.

Agree, he ticks those type of stats in FM that’s for sure 

(Fancy that Nige bought the in game editor when he was in charge)

lol

20 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s going to be shit when he retires as he’s our talisman. But people thinking that we simply won’t be replacing him is laughable. Yes there will never be anyone like him again, but we’ll sign a striker that will score goals. 

He is to us what Steve Bull was to Wolves.  They must have felt the same when he left but finding the right man is vital.