Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

A post Vardy Leicester

Many good strikers evolve from a wing position. Especially ones who have the sort of build as Harvey. Could become a unit and has the sort of natural pace that's so hard to find. Also having come thru the academy is a perfect candidate for the "mr leicester city role" in a few years. Make him spend as much time with vardy as possible until vardy's day is done, and we may have our man.

Barnes could be a gap filler, but for the long-term future, we need 2 strikers.

A young lad, and an experienced,done  hard Yards striker...

But ffs lets Not even the to replace Vardy, he is unique...We have to find a new Front line leader, that can Build his own Leicester- ethos..!!

Just now, Foxy harry said:

Many good strikers evolve from a wing position. Especially ones who have the sort of build as Harvey. Could become a unit and has the sort of natural pace that's so hard to find. Also having come thru the academy is a perfect candidate for the "mr leicester city role" in a few years. Make him spend as much time with vardy as possible until vardy's day is done, and we may have our man.

Think of Harvey can continue and improve that finishing maybe he could be the one to step in for Vardy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy harry said:

I like this scenario best of all. 

• Like 1

He's irreplaceable in the same way that Mahrez was. We brought Maddison and Ricardo in to replace Mahrez and they're both combined like a hybrid of Mahrez. Similarly if Barnes can find can maintain his scoring record then hopefully we can find a solution with maybe a Firmino like player to link play with Barnes and another scoring winger to play the other side. 

• Like 3

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Think of Harvey can continue and improve that finishing maybe he could be the one to step in for Vardy 

If his finishing improves at the rate it has been doing of late, then maybe by the time vardy has retired. He may be getting close. Depending how long vardy lasts of course

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

There’s no ‘replacing’ Vardy, especially considering how unique he is. 

We can’t simply go a sign another striker of his level or reliability - that’s a £50m+ player. 

Finding/signing a reliable goal scoring striker is what every team in world football is constantly trying to do. 

I’d have loved us to go for Ings back in the summer, but he would probably be too expensive for his age and after almost winning the golden boot last season he wouldn’t have wanted to come here to sit on the bench 

50M? try 150 

• Like 2

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

We should’ve gone in for Che Adams when we had the chance. Good prospect. Similar style to Vardy. Wouldn’t have minded being on the bench. 

I was just thinking about him. He’d surely play his heart out for us too. I’d love to see it. Mainly because like all good things, I am from Thurnby Lodge!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

I was just thinking about him. He’d surely play his heart out for us too. I’d love to see it. Mainly because like all good things, I am from Thurnby Lodge!

Probably too late now. Southampton would want us to pay over the odds. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah...but...but...but...we've got the best training facility in the world. All the top strikers will be queuing up to join us.

I know this is sarcasm but things like this will actually help us attract better players 

2 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Brendan will have an idea. He has to.

If your average football fan like us can see it, surely he can.

Who’s playing for Stockbridge Steels nowadays??? 😉

Yes. I think the club must already have a strategy in place. Would love to know what it is though. 

It's hard to imagine because it's always Iheanacho when it isn't Vardy. We have to get it right of course, but it may allow.us to score other types of goals.

Vardy is brilliant, and I'm not for a minute suggesting we'll be better without him, that would be ridiculous but life after him doesnt have to be shit, if we get the next signing right.