Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

How many signings will we make?

10 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

In

Tarkowski - 35m

Bertrand - Free

Pereira - 20m

Soumare - 20m 

James- 20m 

Edouard - 15m

110m 

Out

Ghezall - 7m

Amartey-5m

Jakupovic-Free

Choudhury- 8m

Perez - 20m 

40m

Net spend 70m. 

In

Tarkowski - 35m

Bertrand - Free

Pereira - 20m

Soumare - 20m 

Leon Bailey - 30m

Edouard - 15m

Stay clear of T Rex Dan James 

110m 

Out

Ghezall - 7m

Amartey-5m

Jakupovic-Free

Choudhury- 8m

Perez - 20m 

40m

Net spend 80m. 

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

In

Tarkowski - 35m

Bertrand - Free

Pereira - 20m

Soumare - 20m 

Leon Bailey - 30m

Edouard - 15m

110m 

Out

Ghezall - 7m

Amartey-5m

Jakupovic-Free

Choudhury- 8m

Perez - 20m 

40m

Net spend 80m. 

Tarkowoski £35m?????? More like 15£ 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

In

Tarkowski - 35m

Bertrand - Free

Pereira - 20m

Soumare - 20m 

Leon Bailey - 30m

Edouard - 15m

110m 

Out

Ghezall - 7m

Amartey-5m

Jakupovic-Free

Choudhury- 8m

Perez - 20m 

40m

Net spend 80m. 

Perez 20 million 🤣

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who in their right minds would pay 20m for that useless ****!! ?

Unfortunately we paid £30m (although this is disputed by some). You talk about Man U being fleeced over Maguire, we  were with Perez.

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Unfortunately we paid £30m (although this is disputed by some). You talk about Man U being fleeced over Maguire, we  were with Perez.

Absolutely!..

What did we see in him at a valuation of 30m?

He's Musa minus the Petrol Stations.

On 24/05/2021 at 11:33, lee7 said:

If we are going to persist with two strikers up front then i would like to see us bring in two more out and out strikers, maybe someone who offers a more physical threat upfront that could provide us with an alternative. If Vardy or Iheanacho get injured then we are relying on Perez who poses no attacking threat at all. 

Also...

RM

CM

LB

CB 

I agree with this, if vardy doesn't improve he's going to need some bench time for me, and I'm still not convinced on nacho, for me we could use him in games we're likely to dominate but I wouldn't trust him in the big games, and then if we bring in edouard and he struggles in his first season we could be in trouble, we need to get this one right.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I agree with this, if vardy doesn't improve he's going to need some bench time for me, and I'm still not convinced on nacho, for me we could use him in games we're likely to dominate but I wouldn't trust him in the big games, and then if we bring in edouard and he struggles in his first season we could be in trouble, we need to get this one right.

Seemed to do alright in the big games this year.

Scored in 5th, 6th and semi final rounds of the cup. 

Scored 2 at West Ham and our only goal at Chelsea.

Like any striker, Nacho will have lean spells, but he is a good finisher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Seemed to do alright in the big games this year.

Scored in 5th, 6th and semi final rounds of the cup. 

Scored 2 at West Ham and our only goal at Chelsea.

Like any striker, Nacho will have lean spells, but he is a good finisher.

I was really talking about games where we are likely to be put under pressure and sat deep,  Chelsea, Tottenham, Utd, Man City, Liverpool, games we need results if we're to have top 4/6 ambitions.

I think he's a goal poacher and a good one, but we need to dominate the game, be in and around the 18 yard box, to make it work with nacho I think we need some good attacking midfielders because I don't think our current set up works for him.

I don't think he's a bad player, I just think we either need build our team to play to his strengths or he isn't going to fit into our style of play.

The questions is can nacho get us 20/25 Premier league goals a season?

29 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I was really talking about games where we are likely to be put under pressure and sat deep,  Chelsea, Tottenham, Utd, Man City, Liverpool, games we need results if we're to have top 4/6 ambitions.

I think he's a goal poacher and a good one, but we need to dominate the game, be in and around the 18 yard box, to make it work with nacho I think we need some good attacking midfielders because I don't think our current set up works for him.

I don't think he's a bad player, I just think we either need build our team to play to his strengths or he isn't going to fit into our style of play.

The questions is can nacho get us 20/25 Premier league goals a season?

He must be into double figures this season and he's only really been given a chance in the last half of the season. I do agree though, he is a different type of striker and to get the best out of him, does the team need to set up differently.

I don't think he can play the Vardy lone striker role and if you play him along side Vardy, it appears Vardy becomes less effective as a goal scorer.

On 30/05/2021 at 14:22, Fox85 said:

In

Tarkowski - 35m

Bertrand - Free

Pereira - 20m

Soumare - 20m 

Leon Bailey - 30m

Edouard - 15m

110m 

Out

Ghezall - 7m

Amartey-5m

Jakupovic-Free

Choudhury- 8m

Perez - 20m 

40m

Net spend 80m. 

Tarkowski 35m for a 28 year old who's given Burnley his best years, a player who can leave for free next year. Why don't Leicester go for Dyche's replacement for Tarkowski! Dyche wants Joe Wirral and Nat Philips who will be a snip at under 10m each. Evans cost us 3.5m and some guys think Leicester are so loaded to Spend 35m on a player who wants his last big pay day.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1