Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

How many signings will we make?

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

If we are going to persist with two strikers up front then i would like to see us bring in two more out and out strikers, maybe someone who offers a more physical threat upfront that could provide us with an alternative. If Vardy or Iheanacho get injured then we are relying on Perez who poses no attacking threat at all. 

Also...

RM

CM

LB

CB 

Totally agree! Edouard + Dembele Would

be nice 

Rodgers said he wanted to add players who know how to win + goals. 

1 CB - Experienced replacement for Wes

1 LB - Experienced replacement for Fuchs

1/2 CM - Depends if we get rid of both Choudhury and Praet

1 RW - Preferably someone who scored 10+ goals this season

1 ST - Probably Edouard 

Definitely 5 signings, maybe 6.

Tarkowski to replace Wes

Betrand to replace Fuchs

Soumare to replace Choudhury

Pereirra to replace Perez

Trincao on loan

Eduoard

Another CM if Praet and or Mendy are sold

I also would like Josh Knight promoted to first team and sell Amartey

I'm not too fussed about keeping Soyuncu either as he is a bit of a bomb scare without Evans next to him

Sowah and KDH to be given a chance also.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I posted this in another thread last night but I can see this being our squad for next season

All new signings in bold

GK: Kasper, Ward, Jakupovic (new 1 year deal)/30+ year old free transfer

RB: Ricardo, Castagne

CB: Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, NEW CB

LB: Thomas, Bertrand, Justin*

CDM: Ndidi, Mendy

CM: Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall

RW: NEW RW (Loan with option/obligation to buy), Albrighton

LW: Barnes, Sowah

ST: Vardy, Nacho, Edouard

Out: Iversen (loan), Knight (sold), Amartey (loan/sold), Benkovic (loan/sold), Praet (sold), Choudhury (sold), Ghezzal (sold), Perez (loaned to a Spanish team, no one will buy him)

25 man squad sorted.

This is about right IMO.

However, who plays CAM if Maddison is injured? Surely Perez will be kept purely because he's versitile.

Mad how quick we seem to have identified our targets and have already made moves btw, fantastic by the club.

Right winger needs to be a priority (again) Its only position where we need someone to improve our best 11. Assuming Vardy can be back to a good standard. 

This summer is all about improving the squad. Some gaps have appeared in the squad list to enable us to have better options, particularly going forward. 

A centre back, I don't want to play a back 3 but if he can play on the left then brilliant. 

Natural left back option to help Thomas

Soumare - box to box option, replace and improve the role we want from Choudhury, also adding KDH but I don't know if either can replace Ndidi if injured so expect Mendy to stick around until his contract expires

Attacking midfielders x3, or at least 2 with versatility. A right winger, competition for Barnes/Maddison. 

Striker - Someone with pace and a bit of aggression/power 

I like that Rodgers identified the need for more goals, attacking threat so hopefully that's where he focuses the money on. 

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is about right IMO.

However, who plays CAM if Maddison is injured? Surely Perez will be kept purely because he's versitile.

Mad how quick we seem to have identified our targets and have already made moves btw, fantastic by the club.

Sowah can play that role, and I think Dewsbury-Hall could as well

• Like 1

At the beginning of the season I really thought our squad was weak. But despite the injuries we still finished 5th and won the FA Cup.

We only need a few players to compliment our squad and ensure we have like for like quality if we have injuries.

It was really remarkable to see players like JJ and Thomas step up. With a few more strong additions, another goalscorer, right wing, and a CB, we will do well. A very high quality LB would be great, and then we have JJ to cover across the back line and Thomas to develop more. But what a team!

With Fuchs, Morgan, James, Ghezzel and Gray off the books and the possibility of

Choudhury

Praet

Amartey

Perez

Mendy

all leaving, there would need to be a significant recruitment programme over the Summer to ensure our squad can cope with all the competitions again next season.

There are potentially 7 first team squad players who will no longer be at the club. So hopefully they will be replaced by 7 new players of better quality and physicality.

I would personally like to see 2 forwards/strikers come in and rotate cup and league games.

I'm not fully convinced on nacho and vardy for goals next season, and I think with just 1 more coming in it will be too much pressure if they don't settle.

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I posted this in another thread last night but I can see this being our squad for next season

All new signings in bold

GK: Kasper, Ward, Jakupovic (new 1 year deal)/30+ year old free transfer

RB: Ricardo, Castagne

CB: Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, NEW CB

LB: Thomas, Bertrand, Justin*

CDM: Ndidi, Mendy

CM: Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall

RW: NEW RW (Loan with option/obligation to buy), Albrighton

LW: Barnes, Sowah

ST: Vardy, Nacho, Edouard

Out: Iversen (loan), Knight (sold), Amartey (loan/sold), Benkovic (loan/sold), Praet (sold), Choudhury (sold), Ghezzal (sold), Perez (loaned to a Spanish team, no one will buy him)

25 man squad sorted.

I like this. Thomas is only 19, though, so doesn't have to count as one of the 25.

If you could add another player, what position would it be in? I think I might add an extra winger - Barnes's injury was enough to force us to change our entire strategy, and we've not had any joy in buying decent wingers since Mahrez left. Getting another in would double our chances this time.

10 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I like this. Thomas is only 19, though, so doesn't have to count as one of the 25.

If you could add another player, what position would it be in? I think I might add an extra winger - Barnes's injury was enough to force us to change our entire strategy, and we've not had any joy in buying decent wingers since Mahrez left. Getting another in would double our chances this time.

I would probably get another winger/number 10 in if I could

However if we are going to go out and get a first choice right winger, not too sure we would then also go out and get another winger