Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

How many signings will we make?

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Does Thomas have to be named? He is still under 21 and an academy player.

No, neither him or Fofana have to be named for the Premier League squad

Fofana would have to be named for Europa though, I think Thomas would still be able to be named on the B List

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hamza will go for that sort of figure to Newcastle or Norwich

I can't argue against it and I can't imagine getting more than £15 million for Praet. Yet he's clearly waaay more talented. Why is that? It must be age.

As we've been unable to play our favoured 4231 system because Barnes is injured I would have thought that above all the talk for a forward, left back and midfielder, we're about 3 wingers short.

So that's someone to step in for Barnes, Somebody on the right to replace Under and someone to step in for whoever plays on the right.

Otherwise we'll be stuck playing 3 at the back.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

As we've been unable to play our favoured 4231 system because Barnes is injured I would have thought that above all the talk for a forward, left back and midfielder, we're about 3 wingers short.

So that's someone to step in for Barnes, Somebody on the right to replace Under and someone to step in for whoever plays on the right.

Otherwise we'll be stuck playing 3 at the back.

Brendan is committed to3 at the back... I am sure of it

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Brendan is committed to3 at the back... I am sure of it

I disagree. I think the lack of effective wingers and Kelechi's form forced our hand. This transfer window is a chance to press the reset button.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I disagree. I think the lack of effective wingers and Kelechi's form forced our hand. This transfer window is a chance to press the reset button.

3-5-2 was kind of the only way to get 2 strikers in effectively 

• Like 2

Sowah will fill fill one of the wide midfielders. 

Still need a first choice RW / RM, a CB and a ST. 

We’ll sign three players at most. Four if we’re counting Soumare. 

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Sowah will fill fill one of the wide midfielders. 

Still need a first choice RW / RM, a CB and a ST. 

We’ll sign three players at most. Four if we’re counting Soumare. 

I think we have 3 lined up to be completed; Bertrand, Soumare, and Edouard

Then I think we will go for a right winger on loan with an option/obligation to buy

MAYBE stretch to a centre back because one is needed

Edited by moore_94

Morgan and Fuchs retiring, Under's loan not being made permanent, Choudhry available for transfer and Amartey clearly considered not to be good enough. We are also short at least one striker.

We need at least 6 players. If we can replace Morgan and Fuchs with similar quality experienced players, upgrade Amartey, Choudhury and Under, and add a quality striker to rotate with Vardy and Iheanacho then we could end up with a very good squad.

Looking at the transfer rumours Bertrand is the Fuchs replacement, Soumare replaces Choudhury, Kabak replaces Amartey, James, Pereira or Boga replaces Under, Edouard is the extra striker, so we are just missing the experienced CB (Tarkowski maybe?).

The net expenditure for this would be: -

Incoming:

Soumare (18m)

Kabak (20m)

Edouard (18m)

Pereira/James/Boga (15-35m)

Bertrand (Free)

Outgoing:

Choudhury (12m)

Amartey (8m)

Ghezzal (8m)

Total (71 - 28) = 43m minimum to 63 max without an experienced CB.

I wonder if we will forego the wide right player and use the money for the extra CB. Maybe see how Sowah copes in pre-season.

56 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Morgan and Fuchs retiring, Under's loan not being made permanent, Choudhry available for transfer and Amartey clearly considered not to be good enough. We are also short at least one striker.

We need at least 6 players. If we can replace Morgan and Fuchs with similar quality experienced players, upgrade Amartey, Choudhury and Under, and add a quality striker to rotate with Vardy and Iheanacho then we could end up with a very good squad.

Looking at the transfer rumours Bertrand is the Fuchs replacement, Soumare replaces Choudhury, Kabak replaces Amartey, James, Pereira or Boga replaces Under, Edouard is the extra striker, so we are just missing the experienced CB (Tarkowski maybe?).

Incoming:

Soumare (18m)

Kabak (20m)

Edouard (18m)

Bertrand (Free)

Outgoing:

Choudhury (12m)

Amartey (8m)

Ghezzal (8m)

I wonder if we will forego the wide right player and use the money for the extra CB. Maybe see how Sowah copes in pre-season.

Please can we add Perez to that outgoing list!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Please can we add Perez to that outgoing list!!

I don't think we would manage to sell him, possibly a loan to a Spanish team but I can't really see him going permanently

I can just see him being someone that we keep around/loan out until he eventually leaves on a free

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think we would manage to sell him, possibly a loan to a Spanish team but I can't really see him going permanently

I can just see him being someone that we keep around/loan out until he eventually leaves on a free

They love him in Newcastle... can't we just give him back?😂

2 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Incoming:

Soumare (18m)

Kabak (20m)

Edouard (18m)

Bertrand (Free)

Outgoing:

Choudhury (12m)

Amartey (8m)

Ghezzal (8m)

I don't think we need two CBs. One should be plenty. Morgan doesn't really need replacing. He barely played this season.

I really hope we're not thinking about foregoing the RW. I think that's probably the top priority.

Other than that, I agree.

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think we have 3 lined up to be completed; Bertrand, Soumare, and Edouard

Then I think we will go for a right winger on loan with an option/obligation to buy

MAYBE stretch to a centre back because one is needed

Then we will still won't have cover for Barnes, so no Barnes and no 4231, the whole preferred 4231 system gone when one player's out.

Surely a left winger is a priority?

The squad for defence is as good as I've ever seen it,  3 fantastic CB's and Castagne/Ricardo RB, Thomas/JJ LB and the option of some being able to swap between CB and full back and swapping from LB to RB, that's 7 class players for 4 places with 4231.

Then no right wingers and one left winger who's got a long tern injury and no one who is good enough to even be tried in that position.

7 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Then we will still won't have cover for Barnes, so no Barnes and no 4231, the whole preferred 4231 system gone when one player's out.

Surely a left winger is a priority?

The squad for defence is as good as I've ever seen it,  3 fantastic CB's and Castagne/Ricardo RB, Thomas/JJ LB and the option of some being able to swap between CB and full back and swapping from LB to RB, that's 7 class players for 4 places with 4231.

Then no right wingers and one left winger who's got a long tern injury and no one who is good enough to even be tried in that position.

Entirely possible that Kamal Sowah is going to be that player and he can cover both wings and attacking midfield.

Barnes is also going to be back for pre-season.

• Like 1