Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

How many signings will we make?

Striker- edouard looks most likely. 

Cm- soumare seems most likely. 

Cb- the guy has to be able to organise and lead the back line. evans is missed more than most in the team when he is out. 

RW- id like to see us go back in for trincao l2b or a cheeky bid on saint max or raphinha. (fully aware we will probably be priced out of the latter 2)

Left sided player. 

Ive seen most say a left back, while i understand that id be tempted to look for someone comfortable anywhere down the left. (someone like a left sided ricardo or albrighton) shores up the lb spot til justin is back and backs up barnes after the fact. Gosens would have been ideal. 

Another attacking midefielder. 

Opinion here would be influenced by what rodgers' plans are for praet. 

We need a back up for maddison, if rodgers sees praet as that man, we should be looking for someone that can play on either wing. 

If not we should be looking for someone that plays centrally primarily but is comfortable enough to start on either wing. Young with potential. 

I cant say i know enough about kdh or sowah to comment if they could save us money for any of the above

• Like 1

Morgan and Fuchs are out. Hopefully along with Hamza, Amartey,  Mendy and Perez.

Soumare already as good as confirmed. Eduaord looking likely. At least 1 first choice RW required. Another winger required as we have no depth. Looks like we're in the market for a CB. We probably need another attacking midfielder that's not made out of glass as well.

I'd imagine 5 minimum. Hopefully 6 or 7.

• Like 1

Can’t see Mendy, who signed a new three year contract last summer going, nor Perez. Hamza and Praet will both be looking to move on for more game time, so along with the three that have retired/been released, plus Gray, that means we have 6 squad places to fill to make up our full quota, possibly more if the likes of Fofana etc do not count due to age.

not saying we will sign that many but does give us plenty of room for bringing in that extra bit of quality we need to be able to rotate and compete on all fronts.

Also allows us the luxury of getting a couple of older heads in for squad experience which normally would not be part of our “model”. These I think, unless we go for Tarks, would be frees or low cost options which will give us a couple more years for some of our younger talent to develop that experience.

ultimately it comes down to what we can afford I suppose, but there could be a few bargains around as there are clubs desperate for some ready cash post covid 

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Can’t see Mendy, who signed a new three year contract last summer going, nor Perez. Hamza and Praet will both be looking to move on for more game time, so along with the three that have retired/been released, plus Gray, that means we have 6 squad places to fill to make up our full quota, possibly more if the likes of Fofana etc do not count due to age.

not saying we will sign that many but does give us plenty of room for bringing in that extra bit of quality we need to be able to rotate and compete on all fronts.

Also allows us the luxury of getting a couple of older heads in for squad experience which normally would not be part of our “model”. These I think, unless we go for Tarks, would be frees or low cost options which will give us a couple more years for some of our younger talent to develop that experience.

ultimately it comes down to what we can afford I suppose, but there could be a few bargains around as there are clubs desperate for some ready cash post covid 

I believe it was a 2 year deal.

12 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sowah and Dewsbury-Hall will be in the squad next season so that’s 2 additions for the first team.

Plus 5 players who’d I’d guess will be:

CB

RW

LB

ST x2

Soumare? I’d guess him and 1 ST as opposed to 2 ST. If the RW could also cover CAM would be handy, guess that the wide player might be a similar structure of deal to Under given the typical inflated prices of these young attacking players. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Let's say we bring 5-6 in, we need 5 out really with the addition of KDH and Sowah too.

I'm still concerned on what our wages to turnover will look like if we get 5 in but I'll let the club do the business on that.

In:

Edouard £15-20m or Kaio Jorge (contract up in December so will be available for £10m or less)

Soumare £20m

Ismail Jakobs £10m

Jerome Boateng free

Trincao loan with obligation to buy next summer for £30m, Tsyganakov £25m or Madueke £20m

Michael Olise £10m - contract up in 2022

Outs:

Hamza - £10-12m

Praet - £12-15m

Ghezzal - £6m

Morgan- retired

Fuchs - free

Amartey - £3m

We'll be looking at a net spend of £50m + unless we move a key player on.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say we bring 5-6 in, we need 5 out really with the addition of KDH and Sowah too.

I'm still concerned on what our wages to turnover will look like if we get 5 in but I'll let the club do the business on that.

In:

Edouard £15-20m or Kaio Jorge (contract up in December so will be available for £10m or less)

Soumare £20m

Ismail Jakobs £10m

Jerome Boateng free

Trincao loan with obligation to buy next summer for £30m, Tsyganakov £25m or Madueke £20m

Outs:

Hamza - £10-12m

Praet - £12-15m

Ghezzal - £6m

Morgan- retired

Fuchs - free

Amartey - £3m

Would agree with most of this. Bertrand instead of Jakobs and, not signing Olise and sticking with Barnes, Trincao/ Tsygankov, Sowah and Albrighton as our 4 wide options would save 20mill on incomings, so 30 mill net spend could be more feasible.

Not sure whether Boateng would come here? Cahill would be an unglamorous but would also bring experience as 4th choice CB, and on a free. 

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Outs:

Hamza - £10-12m

Praet - £12-15m

Surely not...although I could absolutely see Bournemouth wasting 10 million on Choudary so you could be onto something. Just seems weird to have those 2 valued anywhere near each other lol

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Surely not...although I could absolutely see Bournemouth wasting 10 million on Choudary so you could be onto something. Just seems weird to have those 2 valued anywhere near each other lol

With Hamza you get the English premium but as we paid £18m for Praet can’t see us letting him go for less than that as he is worth more to us keeping him as a quality squad player. No point in selling anyone we cannot replace with better for similar money (unless of course they want away). Also he has become more of a regular for the Belgian side since joining us.

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hamza will go for that sort of figure to Newcastle or Norwich

57 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would agree with most of this. Bertrand instead of Jakobs and, not signing Olise and sticking with Barnes, Trincao/ Tsygankov, Sowah and Albrighton as our 4 wide options would save 20mill on incomings, so 30 mill net spend could be more feasible.

Not sure whether Boateng would come here? Cahill would be an unglamorous but would also bring experience as 4th choice CB, and on a free. 

Jakobs is one who may well turn out to be a winger but is a genuine wing back as opposed to a full back being made to play there that can sometimes be easy to nullify by the opposition. I lobbed Olise in as well as he is as much an ACM as a winger and we need competition to play the 10 role. Ideally I'd flog Perez as well and get another 10 in but not sure we will.

I can see a fair shift this summer, as it could be our first without a big departure.

What i'd love:

In

Edouard (20m)

Soumare (20m)

Buendia (40m)

Bertrand (Free)

Ajer (15m)

Out

Choudhury (10m)

Praet (15m)

Ghezzal (5m)

Amartey (3m)

Net spend of just over 60m - which may be a little steep, but I think this is the summer to go for it if we are in a position to. We will recoup transfer fees in the coming seasons. This squad is reaching the peak of it's cycle with the club, and we need to bust a gut for top 4.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

In:

Soumare £20m

Ismail Jakobs £10m

Jerome Boateng free

Outs:

Hamza - £10-12m

Praet - £12-15m

Ghezzal - £6m

Morgan- retired

Fuchs - free

Amartey - £3m

Just can't see us having a net spend of 50m, maybe 20-30m

On 24/05/2021 at 09:10, moore_94 said:

I posted this in another thread last night but I can see this being our squad for next season

All new signings in bold

GK: Kasper, Ward, Jakupovic (new 1 year deal)/30+ year old free transfer

RB: Ricardo, Castagne

CB: Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, NEW CB

LB: Thomas, Bertrand, Justin*

CDM: Ndidi, Mendy

CM: Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall

RW: NEW RW (Loan with option/obligation to buy), Albrighton

LW: Barnes, Sowah

ST: Vardy, Nacho, Edouard

Out: Iversen (loan), Knight (sold), Amartey (loan/sold), Benkovic (loan/sold), Praet (sold), Choudhury (sold), Ghezzal (sold), Perez (loaned to a Spanish team, no one will buy him)

25 man squad sorted.

Does Thomas have to be named? He is still under 21 and an academy player.