Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blurryface

Crystal Palace (away) - Ticketing details 3rd October - 2pm KO

Leicester fan in South Norwood checking in.

Pubs - really nothing to write home about. The Portland Arms on Portland Road is OK (5 min walk leaving via Clifford Road exit). Police will probably usher you to leave via the Station Road exit, but I doubt Leicester fans will be allowed into the pubs near the station. They do sometimes make the Cherry Tree for away fans but it's a dump. The Albion is definitely home fans only and The Jolly Sailor and Shelvedine Goathouse have recently closed. The Craft Beer Cabin is good but tiny - it will be rammed pre-kick off.

Parking - you can actually park in the big Sainsburys next to the ground on a matchday, have never done it though and not sure how early you'd have to be to get a spot. There's no residential parking on Sundays so you shouldn't have a problem. If I were you I'd try the Sainsburys first and failing that head down Park Road to Tennison Road, then if no joy on those onto one of the small roads Tennison leads to (Enmore, Birchanger, Howard).

Tbh it's a grotty area - we are moving away later this month, can't wait!

Been trying to get a ticket for this one but no joy so far... if anyone hears of a spare one give me a nudge...!

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Pubs - really nothing to write home about. The Portland Arms on Portland Road is OK (5 min walk leaving via Clifford Road exit). Police will probably usher you to leave via the Station Road exit, but I doubt Leicester fans will be allowed into the pubs near the station. They do sometimes make the Cherry Tree for away fans but it's a dump. The Albion is definitely home fans only and The Jolly Sailor and Shelvedine Goathouse have recently closed. The Craft Beer Cabin is good but tiny - it will be rammed pre-kick off.

Parking - you can actually park in the big Sainsburys next to the ground on a matchday, have never done it though and not sure how early you'd have to be to get a spot. There's no residential parking on Sundays so you shouldn't have a problem. If I were you I'd try the Sainsburys first and failing that head down Park Road to Tennison Road, then if no joy on those onto one of the small roads Tennison leads to (Enmore, Birchanger, Howard).

Been trying to get a ticket for this one but no joy so far... if anyone hears of a spare one give me a nudge...!

I thought it was odd that you can park in Sainsbury’s for more than 2-3 hours so went to look it up on the website. Got completely distracted when I saw the name of the store manager!

https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/0507/crystal-palace

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Interesting. I had digs in the area many years ago. What may be of interest is that Norwood Junction is just 10 minutes from London Bridge Station on the fast train, so some fans may prefer to meet up around London Bridge and then ride down closer to kick off (or travel to Selhurst from Victoria). Another option is Charing Cross-London Bridge-Norwood Junction. Loads of options around Charing Cross.

Edited by SkidsFox

2 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Thanks for the info. I think I read the Sainsbury’s is 3 hours maximum stay 

3 hours ago, Hollism said:

I thought it was odd that you can park in Sainsbury’s for more than 2-3 hours so went to look it up on the website. Got completely distracted when I saw the name of the store manager!

https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/0507/crystal-palace

Would it be carnage? I’ve tried parking at Odeon Freeman’s once on a home match day, never again.

22 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Where are we all drinking for this? I think I usually use the Wetherspoons near the train station (I go in on the landline from Victoria)

Safe bet for tomorrow?

Will be going there as it’s usually full of Leicester fans

On 02/10/2021 at 10:40, The People's Hero said:

Where are we all drinking for this? I think I usually use the Wetherspoons near the train station (I go in on the landline from Victoria)

Safe bet for tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

If you're thinking of the Flora Sandes (next to Thornton Heath Station), I'm afraid it's shut. Shame as used to be a decent away pub. Not sure if there's another Wetherspoons nearby?

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

If you mean the one in South Norwood (formerly known as the William Stanley), it changed ownership a few years ago but the new owners have just gone under too. It was called the Shelvedine Goathouse.

Long shot but don't suppose anyone has a ticket to sell? I live right next to the ground but it was sold out before I could get one. So will be walking around looking for a tout!

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot