Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Man United (H) - 16th October

2 hours ago, Footy fox said:

I have just looked and there are 659 tickets still for sale, the cheapest being £42 unless you can find, borrow or steal a child to take with you to get in the slightly cheaper priced family stand.

Not everyone can afford £42, especially if you then have to pay for a partner and / or child, it's an expensive day out - Others are still hesitant due to Covid 19.

I'd have thought tickets would have taken their biggest hit this morning, then a slow continuation of sales for those who had forgot or hadn't got chance to get them first thing, and waiting to get paid etc etc etc..

Ultimately, i think it will reach all members, it just depends how much you are willing to pay as it will be the more expensive seats left.

If it does sell out, just wait for tickets to re appear. Man City must have 'Sold Out' about 30 times now yet there are still tickets available.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I have just looked and there are 659 tickets still for sale, the cheapest being £42 unless you can find, borrow or steal a child to take with you to get in the slightly cheaper priced family stand.

Not everyone can afford £42, especially if you then have to pay for a partner and / or child, it's an expensive day out - Others are still hesitant due to Covid 19.

I'd have thought tickets would have taken their biggest hit this morning, then a slow continuation of sales for those who had forgot or hadn't got chance to get them first thing, and waiting to get paid etc etc etc..

Ultimately, i think it will reach all members, it just depends how much you are willing to pay as it will be the more expensive seats left.

If it does sell out, just wait for tickets to re appear. Man City must have 'Sold Out' about 30 times now yet there are still tickets available.

£42 to watch a premier league game, the best league in the world, a match with world class players and maybe the greatest player to have ever played isn’t too bad in my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

£42 to watch a premier league game, the best league in the world, a match with world class players and maybe the greatest player to have ever played isn’t too bad in my opinion. 

Perhaps for you, perhaps for me, perhaps for thousands of others.

But also, there will be thousands of people who either don't want to, or can't afford to, pay to go to a football match. 

If money wasn't an issue for some, this would have sold out.

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

But also, there will be thousands of people who either don't want to, or can't afford to, pay to go to a football match. 

This year you can tell more folk are picking up on the crap match day prices from just how much it is getting mentioned on here with more regularity. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

This year you can tell more folk are picking up on the crap match day prices from just how much it is getting mentioned on here with more regularity. 

For me, it's one of them, it's a lot more expensive than it should be, and maybe could be, but it just seems football in general has inflated.

You look at the cost of the kits not just tickets, and it's generally reflected across the league.

We are no worse than others, in fact probably less so, but the amount of fans being priced out of being able to attend the sport they love is rather saddening.

It's not going to change, if anything it will get worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

For me, it's one of them, it's a lot more expensive than it should be, and maybe could be, but it just seems football in general has inflated.

You look at the cost of the kits not just tickets, and it's generally reflected across the league.

We are no worse than others, in fact probably less so, but the amount of fans being priced out of being able to attend the sport they love is rather saddening.

It's not going to change, if anything it will get worse.

Yeah it is all very sad really. I’m not sure how my lads will get into football at the top level in the country with the way it is going.

20 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think it’s purely because of the times we’re in. It’s not just football, everything in life is more expensive. Obviously and rightly so, for some people football is the first sacrifice. 
I don’t think 2 years ago, fans would be complaining about the price for a match like this. 

14 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

I think the prices are great, especially compared to a lot of other clubs.

I think this view is one of the problems. People are not looking at whether they are getting good value for money, they are looking whether the money they pay is better than elsewhere.

It's like buying a pint of beer for £10 in a bar but the price is OK because the bar next door charge £15 a pint.

I pay on average just under £20 per match with my season ticket. That is reasonable. If I was forking out £40-50 a game I would question if that money could be better spent elsewhere. It all depends what income people have, what other expenditure they have as to whether they can afford it every week. Have a look at some prices in European leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think this view is one of the problems. People are not looking at whether they are getting good value for money, they are looking whether the money they pay is better than elsewhere.

It's like buying a pint of beer for £10 in a bar but the price is OK because the bar next door charge £15 a pint.

I pay on average just under £20 per match with my season ticket. That is reasonable. If I was forking out £40-50 a game I would question if that money could be better spent elsewhere. It all depends what income people have, what other expenditure they have as to whether they can afford it every week. Have a look at some prices in European leagues.

£20 per match is stellar, not reasonable. That’s not much more than going to the bloody cinema and you’re watching live sport. Live sport is EXPENSIVE, end of. You’ve got a good deal.

2 hours ago, Blue717 said:

The thing is I'm there to watch Leicester, not The Premier League™. I couldn't give a toss if I'm watching Youri Tielemans or Mark Blake, so the BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD™ as a justification of cost has no sway at all. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

The thing is I'm there to watch Leicester, not The Premier League™. I couldn't give a toss if I'm watching Youri Tielemans or Mark Blake, so the BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD™ as a justification of cost has no sway at all. 

Obviously it does. I highly doubt we’d be trying to sell seats for £42 if we were in league 2. 

Yes but I'm talking about fans who value supporting the club over swooning over corporate football. What's in the £42 for them when they should be paying far less for the product? We know demand drives prices up, that's basic stuff, but what actually makes that worthwhile?

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Yes but I'm talking about fans who value supporting the club over swooning over corporate football. What's in the £42 for them when they should be paying far less for the product? We know demand drives prices up, that's basic stuff, but what actually makes that worthwhile?

Mate, you’re talking nonsense.

If that’s the way you feel, you can always go spend your money on £3 tickets for the under 22’s or £7 for the LCFC Women. This is the price of Leicester City First Team. Nobody is forcing you, or anybody else to pay it.

Edited by phoneticerror

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I go to watch City myself......

FFS. We’re all there to watch Leicester. Obviously. But Leicester play in the premier league, who have world class players playing for and against us. It’s where we are as a club right now and why the price is what it is. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

FFS. We’re all there to watch Leicester. Obviously. But Leicester play in the premier league, who have world class players playing for and against us. It’s where we are as a club right now and why the price is what it is. 

Why you talking about price, I never mention it. 

Other may have, but not me.

However lots of fans go down to watch PL, our average attendance is roughly 70% in the championship compared to 99% in the PL.

I know a few season ticket holders who are actually Man U fans and only go to City to see PL footy. 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Why you talking about price, I never mention it. 

Other may have, but not me.

However lots of fans go down to watch PL, our average attendance is roughly 70% in the championship compared to 99% in the PL.

I know a few season ticket holders who are actually Man U fans and only go to City to see PL footy. 

To be honest, I don’t actually know who I was talking to. Think I seen a post previous about the price. 
Do we seriously have them kind of season ticket holders? Thought them days were gone  and since 2016 them United fans born and bread in Leicester were actually Leicester fans now? Obviously not!

1 minute ago, Blue717 said:

To be honest, I don’t actually know who I was talking to. Think I seen a post previous about the price. 
Do we seriously have them kind of season ticket holders? Thought them days were gone  and since 2016 them United fans born and bread in Leicester were actually Leicester fans now? Obviously not!

No worries mate.

Honestly I know a few though work, drives me mad.