Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Man United (H) - 16th October

7 hours ago, mitcha said:

Hi All,

Have never posted here but wanted to share some info that I hope will help you get to the game next week.

I have been checking the ticket page and noticed yesterday at 11.30 that the "Sold out"  for Man United was changed to "Buy" - and 27 tickets were made available in the North Stand (back of P2).

https://tickets.lcfc.com/en-gb/categories/home tickets

In my amazement I selected 3 available seats - and tried to add to basket  - however they had already gone..

Back to the layout - select a different 3 seats - already gone...

and so it went .... until no tickets left.. :-(

My big error  - in my excitement  - was selecting actual seats  - and not "Best Available" - from the seat plan page... (plonker !!)

So kicking myself - I did a couple of practice runs on the Brighton game to find the quickest way of getting tickets in my basket.. - should any more be released ... !?*

so   my plan....

1 - Select "Best Available" when you get to the seat layout page.

2 - On the next page where you select your ages required - for speed - just select how many you need all as adults (you can change ticket age  on the next page)..

- you just need to get to the next page as soon as possible  - with your ticket numbers allocated  - and 20 mins to buy them :-)

- for safety have a practice on the Brighton game to get tickets in your basket as quickly as possible and then delete them....

3 - so  - I went back on the ticket site this morning - 11.15 - and kept refreshing..

11.30 - Sold Out changed to Buy.. !!

Only 3 tickets released in C2 - so crazy clicks per above and I very fortunately managed to buy them !!

I spoke with the ticket office yesterday and they did confirm that normally more are released as they get closer to the game.. 

Clearly if I still needed tickets my strategy would be locked in box !! :-)   - but I do hope it helps someone out !! :-)

11.30 seems to be the time to be checking...

5 days left  - so I'm sure more will come.

Good luck.

Mitch

I’m no expert but as soon as you click a seat it should automatically reserve it for you, even before you click add to basket so I’m surprised you had issues. If you click a seat and it changes colour then the site shouldn’t allow any other users to reserve it until you release it or 20 minutes elapses. That’s how you can sometimes get around the leaving a single seat rule.

Very strange.

Edited by phoneticerror

59 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’m no expert but as soon as you click a seat it should automatically reserve it for you, even before you click add to basket so I’m surprised you had issues. If you click a seat and it changes colour then the site shouldn’t allow any other users to reserve it until you release it or 20 minutes elapses. That’s how you can sometimes get around the leaving a single seat rule.

Very strange.

Yep - that's what I thought  - but this also happened to me 2 weeks ago when the last 400 tickets went on general member sale. I'm pretty sure the seat isn't saved until you see the actual seat number(s) reserved in your basket. I'm certainly no expert either but it does seem that multiple users can pick the same seats on the initial seat selector and then it becomes a click race to add these to the basket. Using the "Best Available" option prevents you trying to put seats in your basket that someone else has just reserved - and seems to offer the best chance.

8 hours ago, mitcha said:

Yep - that's what I thought  - but this also happened to me 2 weeks ago when the last 400 tickets went on general member sale. I'm pretty sure the seat isn't saved until you see the actual seat number(s) reserved in your basket. I'm certainly no expert either but it does seem that multiple users can pick the same seats on the initial seat selector and then it becomes a click race to add these to the basket. Using the "Best Available" option prevents you trying to put seats in your basket that someone else has just reserved - and seems to offer the best chance.

Strange, perhaps I’ve just been lucky.

10 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Very strange.

The single seat rule can be frustrating especially when buying for a big group. If you select too many seats in error or someone isn’t eligible to buy on that day, it often doesn’t let you cancel just one seat, instead you have to cancel the whole lot and start again! 

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Amazed that people pay these prices.

Paying these prices are the only option we have though to get a chance at a ST.

It’s not like we were all offered one in August and chose instead to pay more than twice as much game-by-game.

As we get closer to this - and people’s circumstances sometimes change - just bumping my earlier shout for two tickets - for me and my son - celebrating my 60th in Leicester this weekend - a Fox of over 50 years - all the ups and downs - now foxiled to the North East and can only get to a few games each season..thanks for looking 👍

I have a single adult ticket available for this. Located in G2 - FV £43.50 (£42 ticket + £1.50 admin fee from the club). Ticket delivery by email. 

Leicester fans only. PM me if you’re interested. 

**NOW SOLD**

Edited by rn9013

13 hours ago, filbertuk said:

As we get closer to this - and people’s circumstances sometimes change - just bumping my earlier shout for two tickets - for me and my son - celebrating my 60th in Leicester this weekend - a Fox of over 50 years - all the ups and downs - now foxiled to the North East and can only get to a few games each season..thanks for looking 👍

All sorted. Thanks to Costock Fox and rn9013 for help with this 👍 🦊

Edited by filbertuk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s looking likely that I’ll have a spare for this. Only to Leicester fans though, send me a PM and I’ll confirm shortly.

Sold. Sorry if I haven’t replied, had about 15 messages while at work