Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Trundle, "Im Good Enough for Premiership

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4452208.stm

Trundle reveals Premier ambition

Swansea striker Lee Trundle says he is good enough to play in the Premiership.

Trundle, 29, took his tally to 17 goals in 16 games with a brace against Yeovil on Friday night, and told BBC Sport: "I think I can do it in the Premiership.

"I'm a goalscorer and believe in my own ability. That's the way you've got to go out and play football.

"It's no good settling for something when you think you can do better. I believe I'm a player who can play at the highest level."

Swansea rejected a bid of £750,000 for Trundle from Championship side Sheffield Wednesday last month.

The former Rhyl and Wrexham striker says he wants to stay with Swansea as they push towards League One promotion, but he knows the club may be tempted to sell if the price is right.

"It's out of my hands if a big club comes in and puts a bid in," said Trundle, who says he has lost a stone in weight from last season.

"It's just up to me to do my thing on the pitch and that's what I'm doing."

At 29, I don't hold much hope for him. He's scoring goals like they're going out of fashion, but he carries a reputation for being overweight, over-elaborate on the ball and has an ego the size of K2. Critically, he's not got the pace to back up his skill, which would probably mean him getting marked out of sight in the Prem. He should sit tight at Swansea, negotiate himself a good long-term contract and enjoy the cult-status currently has.

At 29, I don't hold much hope for him. He's scoring goals like they're going out of fashion, but he carries a reputation for being overweight, over-elaborate on the ball and has an ego the size of K2. Critically, he's not got the pace to back up his skill, which would probably mean him getting marked out of sight in the Prem. He should sit tight at Swansea, negotiate himself a good long-term contract and enjoy the cult-status currently has.

Most seasons you see one or more premiership clubs panic buying - and due to lack of funds they gamble on a lower league striker

Some examples off the top of my head

• Brett Ormarod
  • Jan Arge Fjortoft
  • Ashley Ward
  • Jonathan Stead
  • Nathan Blake

I know there's plenty of others, these are just the ones I thought of

On this basis trundle maybe will have a chance at a relegation threatened club

BTW - In the list above I'm not refering to Leicester - Ward became one of these desperation buys after his time at Filbo and Blake obviously before his time at Le Bowl de Walkers

David Connolly was a panic buy for Wigan. he was the obvious last choice.

i dont think Trundle can cut it up there, maybe in the championship but will championship players give him time and space to do his tricks? his lobbed goal against Yeovil was a bit special though.

He'd walk in to our team but i'm not so sure about the premiership. He might surprise a few people though, he certainly knows where the net is from any range.

Agreed. He'd do a good job for us.

Archived