Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Next 2 games vital

Watford and Sheffield United at home over the next week.

1) If we win both, everything looks rosy.

2) If we win and draw one, we're on the right track.

3) If we win one, lose one, it's pretty much the same as before.

4) If we lose one, draw one, or lose both, then it doesn't look encouraging.

If the last scenario occurs, I can see the pressure increasing on Levein. I know Sheffield United and Watford are two teams doing well this season, but we need points in our current position. We could find ourselves rooted in the relegation zone come Saturday evening if scenarios number 3 or 4 arises. And while people may say it's only half of the season gone, if we find ourselves in the bottom 3, mentally it can be difficult to drag yourself out of.

From my point of view, scenarios number 3 or 4 are most likely to happen. At the moment we don't look like scoring, which is illustrated with us not scoring a goal in 4 out of the last 5 league games, and just 16 in 18 overall.

After those two fixtures, we play Leeds and Stoke away - I'm not too optimistic at present.

Can't see us picking any more than 3 points to be honest, and that's being optimistic.

We keep saying how important the next 2 matches are after every game - shows how poor we are.

I think that we will beat Watford and lose to Sheffield Utd , then the pressure will be off a little and we will all forget how crap Levin is until the next run of bad results.We will beat Watford with our usual boring long ball , kick and rush , no nonsense tactics and we will then forget how painful to watch we are!!.

Bearing in mind, we've got Stoke and Leeds as well, thats 4 consecutive matches against teams in the top 8. Bolton is starting to look like welcome relief.

We will probably be luxuriating in the bottom 3 by the time we play the Leicester Mercury Inter-Continental Showcase Extravaganza against Real Crewe.

I think we'll beat Bolton, however, so every cloud etc etc...

I think that we will beat Watford and lose to Sheffield Utd , then the pressure will be off a little and we will all forget how crap Levin is until the next run of bad results.We will beat Watford with our usual boring long ball , kick and rush , no nonsense tactics and we will then forget how painful to watch we are!!.

We have to get out of this run of bad results before we can

start another-this run started in August!

I didn't realise how difficult the next 5 games are! I'm almost glad though because we've either got to get our act together and pick some points up or we get spanked for the next 5 games and something will have to be done.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks, I have a horrible feeling we are due a horrific losing spree.

I didn't realise how difficult the next 5 games are! I'm almost glad though because we've either got to get our act together and pick some points up or we get spanked for the next 5 games and something will have to be done.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks, I have a horrible feeling we are due a horrific losing spree.

I feel completely the opposite. At the end of the year we'll be looking at the table and we'll be in the top 10.

I feel completely the opposite. At the end of the year we'll be looking at the table and we'll be in the top 10.

Where are you getting this optimism from. We haven't won more than 2 games on the bounce for about 3 years, so how can you say that? My statement holds more realism as we lose more games than we win, if you can provide me with an explanation as to why we'll be in the top ten then i'd like to read it.

Where are you getting this optimism from. We haven't won more than 2 games on the bounce for about 3 years, so how can you say that? My statement holds more realism as we lose more games than we win, if you can provide me with an explanation as to why we'll be in the top ten then i'd like to read it.

Ben you also have to take the teams were playing into consideration. They are all top half and scoring lots of goals.

I do like the blind faith "if we play the right team we can beat any one" theory, but its not going to work in practise is it. Because we don't have the players to Match Sheff U and Leeds for Certain. Watford and Stoke are both going well and we cant even put the ball in the net.

Top 10 is a ridicolous comment considering I cant even remember the last time we scored! Was it Cardiff?

Watford and Sheffield United at home over the next week.

1) If we win both, everything looks rosy.

2) If we win and draw one, we're on the right track.

3) If we win one, lose one, it's pretty much the same as before.

4) If we lose one, draw one, or lose both, then it doesn't look encouraging.

If the last scenario occurs, I can see the pressure increasing on Levein. I know Sheffield United and Watford are two teams doing well this season, but we need points in our current position. We could find ourselves rooted in the relegation zone come Saturday evening if scenarios number 3 or 4 arises. And while people may say it's only half of the season gone, if we find ourselves in the bottom 3, mentally it can be difficult to drag yourself out of.

From my point of view, scenarios number 3 or 4 are most likely to happen. At the moment we don't look like scoring, which is illustrated with us not scoring a goal in 4 out of the last 5 league games, and just 16 in 18 overall.

After those two fixtures, we play Leeds and Stoke away - I'm not too optimistic at present.

Would also like to point out DC Scored four of those 16 :-( not looking rosey is it.

Levein is Adams mkII. No not Mortal Kombat II but apart from the short passing we see SOMETIMES (and not very effectively either) he seems to be totally bumming certain players, who may not be old but are still completely crap. Sure he plays youth, but not enough. And I can't help thinking it's to please the fans. At least Adams gave us a little something to shout about at one point, in my opinion I don't think Levein can guide us to any success, what does he have going for him?

He's tactically poor, can't pick a team and the players haven't seemed motivated enough since he's taken over. I'm not actually going round saying Levein out but I don't think we have a future under him.

[quote name='Cat Burger' date='Nov 21 2005, 01:12 PM' post='215766'. No not Mortal Kombat II but apart from the short passing we see SOMETIMES (and not very effectively either) he seems to be totally bumming certain players, who may not be old but are still completely crap. Sure he plays youth, but not enough. And I can't help thinking it's to please the fans. At least Adams gave us a little something to shout about at one point, in my opinion I don't think Levein can guide us to any success, what does he have going for him?

He's tactically poor, can't pick a team and the players haven't seemed motivated enough since he's taken over. I'm not actually going round saying Levein out but I don't think we have a future under him.

Levein is Adams mkII :smile::smile::blink:

I didn't say we would win more than two games on the bounce. We don't need to. We are only a few points off 10th. I think we'll manage to climb up to 10th by the end of this year. It's 8 games until the end of the year. I think we'll take enough points from those games to be 10th. It's simple to understand!

I didn't say we would win more than two games on the bounce. We don't need to. We are only a few points off 10th. I think we'll manage to climb up to 10th by the end of this year. It's 8 games until the end of the year. I think we'll take enough points from those games to be 10th. It's simple to understand!

Let's try and score a goal first.

Good point about Connolly, Manwell. Take his goals away and that's 12 in 18. Beyond absymal.

WHat we dont undertsand is where you think the wins will come from? Where the points will come from?

Surely you could tell us the reasons for your optimism :D

Archived