Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

4 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Anyone done any research into potential travel to teams in the next round? Not trying to get ahead of myself, I'm more thinking that the draw is the day after the game when most of us are likely to still be in Denmark/travelling home.

We’re almost certainly through so it’s right to plan the days, I booked off March 16-18 off work yday. No point doing any research regarding travel these days, all last minute due to restrictions etc. personally hoping it’s Basel or LASK as something different 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

We’re almost certainly through so it’s right to plan the days, I booked off March 16-18 off work yday. No point doing any research regarding travel these days, all last minute due to restrictions etc. personally hoping it’s Basel or LASK as something different 

Fingers crossed in another month it's easier to travel to most countries. Looks like some potential decent trips in there though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Anyone done any research into potential travel to teams in the next round? Not trying to get ahead of myself, I'm more thinking that the draw is the day after the game when most of us are likely to still be in Denmark/travelling home.

Yes. Gent could be a problem as Belgium are still at 80% and no away fans. LASK will be a low allocation. Rome still isn't to capacity but it won't be a problem. Travel restrictions generally okay now. All of the possible destinations at most require a lateral flow alongside vaccination proof. 

Options for travel are a bit more open as Belgium, Netherlands and France are doable via train, ferry, plane. Basel could be expensive flight wise because it's an airport for ski resorts. I'd say none of them as difficult as this trip - most of them are not direct flights into the cities but easy enough to connect. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Looks like there are some decent trips possibly the easier to get to is Rome. Ghent not to bad eurostar to brussels then train. Holland is fairly easy Alkmaar / Feyenoord. Linz looks like flight to possibly Vienna then train to Linz. Copenhagen straightforward. Then Rennes Flybe did flights to there but they went bust, but looks like they may be up and doing flights again in March. Basel cheap flights to Zurich then train.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes. Gent could be a problem as Belgium are still at 80% and no away fans. LASK will be a low allocation. Rome still isn't to capacity but it won't be a problem. Travel restrictions generally okay now. All of the possible destinations at most require a lateral flow alongside vaccination proof. 

Options for travel are a bit more open as Belgium, Netherlands and France are doable via train, ferry, plane. Basel could be expensive flight wise because it's an airport for ski resorts. I'd say none of them as difficult as this trip - most of them are not direct flights into the cities but easy enough to connect. 

All very true and fingers crossed you’re right but restrictions I refer to could mean anything, which is why I’m hesitant to plan ahead on anything these days, for example yday we were told to stay inside due to the wind. If Russia pile into Ukraine, that could be another reason to restrict. Anyway off topic, but I hope it’s an enjoyable and bullsh1t free trip 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

A Eurostar or ferry / car trip would be nice rather than plane. All good destinations. It's bound to be Copenhagen though isn't it?!

45 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Are LASK actually playing in Linz? Google says they played their European games at the Wörthersee Stadion in Klagenfurt? Which looks a decent size, but further away from Vienna/useful airports.

Yeah good spot. Looks their stadium is being rebuilt. 

6 hours ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

I have booked a long haul holiday months ago not expecting to be still going in Europe, did all Champions League,  Sweden,  Warsaw, Napoli and will be at Randers. Hoping we get Copenhagen again as I won't feel I've missed out as badly 🤣

On 13/02/2022 at 21:06, BoyJones said:

Hi, I’ve bought seat reservations as well as it’s quite cheap. 73 kroner per person all in. Same price as quoted above. Not sure if it’s necessary to book seat, but did it to be on safe side. 

Used a recommended website posted on here. DSB Netbutik. Easy to use although had to google a couple of translations. 

DSB also have an App, which once downloaded is in English. I've used it for my Aarhus to Randers train trips and now have ticket with QR code on my iPhone. You can also save your credit card onto the App which is useful.

Edited by Fox-66