Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

26 minutes ago, Hollism said:

image.png.9614439e8ad4ce5454e2c5c4e85341bc.png

This flight is £37 return atm but I have no idea if it leaves enough time to get from Aarhus to the game.

Bit tight, any delays and game over. Also, remember you have to collect tickets. I went for the 06:30 from Stansted to Aalborg on the Thursday. Gives plenty of time. Similar distance to Randers as it is from Aarhus.

Another option is Billund (tied in with a trip to Legoland!). About 2 hours on the bus/train. I am going back from there.

Or you could do Copenhagen, direct train that takes just under 4 hours.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Bit tight, any delays and game over. Also, remember you have to collect tickets. I went for the 06:30 from Stansted to Aalborg on the Thursday. Gives plenty of time. Similar distance to Randers as it is from Aarhus.

Another option is Billund (tied in with a trip to Legoland!). About 2 hours on the bus/train. I am going back from there.

Not returning until Sunday then? Or taking a connecting flight home?

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just booked the 1310 so hopefully everything does go smooth lol

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Just booked the 1310 so hopefully everything does go smooth lol

If the game ends up being late evening that would be ideal. Would give you 5 hours to play with. If it's the early game at 18:45 it's tight. I am sure the club would allow you to collect from stadium maybe if that was the case.

27 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Any resident Danes in that give me some hints and tips on what to do while over there? I’m in Denmark Monday to Friday.

Aarhus is a very nice town. Good nightlife. Plenty of bars and restaurants. Lots of shopping opportunities (expensive though). If interested lots of museums.....

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Aarhus is a very nice town. Good nightlife. Plenty of bars and restaurants. Lots of shopping opportunities (expensive though). If interested lots of museums.....

That’s good to know, will have a look.

I’m going to drive from Copenhagen to Randers, any tips on great places to stop on the way would be good. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

That’s good to know, will have a look.

I’m going to drive from Copenhagen to Randers, any tips on great places to stop on the way would be good. 

It really depends on your interests. There is a cool viking museum at Jelling which is approx. 1 hour south of Aarhus. Copenhagen - Aarhus is only 3 hrs drive so you don´t need to stop on the way

• Like 2

Just now, TheStig said:

It really depends on your interests. There is a cool viking museum at Jelling which is approx. 1 hour south of Aarhus. Copenhagen - Aarhus is only 3 hrs drive so you don´t need to stop on the way

Was about to say Jelling. The rune stones there are essentially the birth certificate of Denmark. The museum is really well done too and you also have two of the most significant burial mounds there.

If you enjoy nature, Randers had a tropical forest you can visit and personally I greatly enjoy the heaths in various places in Jutland. There are several in the central part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Was about to say Jelling. The rune stones there are essentially the birth certificate of Denmark. The museum is really well done too and you also have two of the most significant burial mounds there.

If you enjoy nature, Randers had a tropical forest you can visit and personally I greatly enjoy the heaths in various places in Jutland. There are several in the central part.

Was going to say, outdoorsy stuff is perfect.

• Like 1

Anyone care to share their experiences of going to other European games? Have you had to collect tickets in the host city/town? And do they have to match the ID of the person who bought them? What are the odds of me - a non-season ticket holder with no loyalty points or whatever they’re called, but based 20 mins from Randers - getting a ticket in the away end? Cheers

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Anyone care to share their experiences of going to other European games? Have you had to collect tickets in the host city/town? And do they have to match the ID of the person who bought them? What are the odds of me - a non-season ticket holder with no loyalty points or whatever they’re called, but based 20 mins from Randers - getting a ticket in the away end? Cheers

No chance unless the club don't change tact with it. Only way would be to shell out for a membership and then buy a ticket for a game with this to get you the one point needed.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

None but aren’t memberships open?

A mate of mine used our other mates ID for Atletico, but they look very similar