Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I'm probably mistaken but I presume you are on about the 'away pub' information. 

I'm not quite up to date with the 'anti police bandwagon' but I don't see why people are getting so worked up?

It's not unusual to have an allocated away pub, some people do prefer to just stick with the majority and play it safe by sticking to the policed, allocated pub. 

I'm sure as adults, people are able to make a conscious decision to try and drink elsewhere, as the account suggests.

Let's be honest, the behaviour of some of the apes that follow our club at the likes of Forest, Liverpool (H), Man Utd (H), Sevilla (A), Madrid (A) & Wembley,  we haven't been the angel of a club that we all believe.

Also, like with any club, regardless of size, Randers will have their troublesome groups and with it being a relatively small place, and a big event for them, there's every chance of trouble for those looking for it, albeit not the scale of other trips.

I do understand your point, I was in Warsaw when we were tricked into a pub and then not allowed to leave, but I don't see the police account saying or suggesting anything out of the ordinary,  but since the Napoli & Warsaw events, it seems trendy to just be anti police.

Slightly odd and immature but each to their own.

Fair enough.  Was in that pub in Warsaw and saw it coming and left before.  Swerved the March to Brugge,  couldn't avoid the Naples shambles. 

We'll do our own thing and enjoy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TC1884 said:

Fair enough.  Was in that pub in Warsaw and saw it coming and left before.  Swerved the March to Brugge,  couldn't avoid the Naples shambles. 

We'll do our own thing and enjoy.

Exactly mate. Most are mature enough to be able to go and do their own thing, at their own bar of choice, without a police body guard.

Unfortunately, like everything, the minority ruin it for the majority. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

You must be there a few hours now... What's it like so far ?

If I’m being honest mate I’ve got absolutely steaming, in bed by 8.30 and just woke up so so far so good lol.

In all seriousness, Copenhagen is one of the strangest places I’ve been and I have it the benefit of the doubt from before but there really isn’t much to do. Will leave for Aarhus early tomorrow.

Weather is the same as the UK at the minute AKA utterly shit.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I'm probably mistaken but I presume you are on about the 'away pub' information. 

I'm not quite up to date with the 'anti police bandwagon' but I don't see why people are getting so worked up?

It's not unusual to have an allocated away pub, some people do prefer to just stick with the majority and play it safe by sticking to the policed, allocated pub. 

I'm sure as adults, people are able to make a conscious decision to try and drink elsewhere, as the account suggests.

Let's be honest, the behaviour of some of the apes that follow our club at the likes of Forest, Liverpool (H), Man Utd (H), Sevilla (A), Madrid (A) & Wembley,  we haven't been the angel of a club that we all believe.

Also, like with any club, regardless of size, Randers will have their troublesome groups and with it being a relatively small place, and a big event for them, there's every chance of trouble for those looking for it, albeit not the scale of other trips.

I do understand your point, I was in Warsaw when we were tricked into a pub and then not allowed to leave, but I don't see the police account saying or suggesting anything out of the ordinary,  but since the Napoli & Warsaw events, it seems trendy to just be anti police.

Slightly odd and immature but each to their own.

Remember that there are only about 5 shops in Randers let alone a few more pubs, realistically if you are in Randers you are probably going to end up staying in here all day.

I’ve got speaking to a Danish bloke who is going in the home end so I’ll see what he says and let you know.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If I’m being honest mate I’ve got absolutely steaming, in bed by 8.30 and just woke up so so far so good lol.

In all seriousness, Copenhagen is one of the strangest places I’ve been and I have it the benefit of the doubt from before but there really isn’t much to do. Will leave for Aarhus early tomorrow.

Weather is the same as the UK at the minute AKA utterly shit.

Good man 🍺🍺. Is it still £8 a pint ? It was when we went in 2016.

44 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Good man 🍺🍺. Is it still £8 a pint ? It was when we went in 2016.

Darent look at my credit card statement if I’m honest but the first place we ended up in was a decent craft beer place, cheapest bottle was £15.

13 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I think it's more to the tone of it effectively saying "you can only go here" whereas any independent adult can figure out it's not the case.

Not sure you can throw Forest into the same brackets as Sevilla or Madrid, we werent the protagonists there at all. Point is, it's a stupid form of control that you wouldnt see anywhere else in society so I dont see why we should be treated worse. Especially when the behaviours you're alluding to are a significant minority

• Like 3

looking forward to this but the bloke said when I only exchanged 300 quid, that will probably last you one night, looks like he maybe right?  15 quid n thats a bottle?  gulp......................................................................

Ah well how much is the Meths? (parafin)

Edited by suffolk fox

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf it was probably about 12%, so more likely to get you utterly sloshed quicker. 

Quite confident that the beer in Aarhus is going to be a quid or more cheaper than Copenhagen 

I couldn’t possibly confirm or deny this allegation because I was very, very drunk. 

• Haha 1

Yes, most normal places you will pay about 40-50DKK for a beer. Which is about £5-6. I pay £4-5 in most UK pubs.

Of course if you go for craft/speciality beer, you pay more. Just like you do over here. I regularly see craft beers for £6-9 depending on strength etc. Not quite £15 mind, but that is an extreme.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf it was probably about 12%, so more likely to get you utterly sloshed quicker. 

Quite confident that the beer in Aarhus is going to be a quid or more cheaper than Copenhagen 

15 quid is 133 DKK! That is nuts. I can confidently assure you that you'll be paying less than half of that for a pint in Aarhus. Even if you want a lovely pint of NEIPA at a craft beer bar, you'll "only" be paying 80 DKK. 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, most normal places you will pay about 40-50DKK for a beer. Which is about £5-6. I pay £4-5 in most UK pubs.

Of course if you go for craft/speciality beer, you pay more. Just like you do over here. I regularly see craft beers for £6-9 depending on strength etc. Not quite £15 mind, but that is an extreme.

Yeah for context, that Tante Olga place is advertising beer at 45DKK. Could be much worse

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

15 quid is 133 DKK! That is nuts. I can confidently assure you that you'll be paying less than half of that for a pint in Aarhus. Even if you want a lovely pint of NEIPA at a craft beer bar, you'll "only" be paying 80 DKK. 

That is very good and surprising to hear!!! It’s £6+ a pint basically everywhere in London now, so it’s probably on par. I was just expecting £8-9 for a standard pint. Still an absolute disgrace but not the thing of nightmares 

3 hours ago, Jackubu said:

I think it's more to the tone of it effectively saying "you can only go here" whereas any independent adult can figure out it's not the case.

Not sure you can throw Forest into the same brackets as Sevilla or Madrid, we werent the protagonists there at all. Point is, it's a stupid form of control that you wouldnt see anywhere else in society so I dont see why we should be treated worse. Especially when the behaviours you're alluding to are a significant minority

Perhaps it's how you choose to read it.

Perhaps we witnessed different things in Sevilla, what I witnessed was on par with Forest.

Perhaps the reason football fans are treated differently is because its one of the few sports / events where grown men want to shout and fight each other for supporting a different team.

We clearly see it from different views, neither of which are wrong, so we'll just agree to disagree.

27 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Perhaps it's how you choose to read it.

Perhaps we witnessed different things in Sevilla, what I witnessed was on par with Forest.

Perhaps the reason football fans are treated differently is because its one of the few sports / events where grown men want to shout and fight each other for supporting a different team.

We clearly see it from different views, neither of which are wrong, so we'll just agree to disagree.

Aye get your point, figures show it's a smaller minority than nightclubs and you only have to look at the boxing last weekend to see worse scenes than most football grounds in the UK. Draconic measures for an 80s stigma, in my opinion. 

But yeah we'll probably disagree for hours, understood. 

Edited by Jackubu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Aye get your point, figures show it's a smaller minority than nightclubs and you only have to look at the boxing last weekend to see worse scenes than most football grounds in the UK. Draconic measures for an 80s stigma, in my opinion. 

But yeah we'll probably disagree for hours, understood. 

All three with one massive link, drunk (drugged) blokes. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Well, I'm off. The earliest I have ever left for a game. I'm having a great time already.

🎶 We're on our way, we're on our way, to Albania........,🎶

God I love football.

On 19/02/2022 at 12:02, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes. Gent could be a problem as Belgium are still at 80% and no away fans. LASK will be a low allocation. Rome still isn't to capacity but it won't be a problem. Travel restrictions generally okay now. All of the possible destinations at most require a lateral flow alongside vaccination proof. 

Options for travel are a bit more open as Belgium, Netherlands and France are doable via train, ferry, plane. Basel could be expensive flight wise because it's an airport for ski resorts. I'd say none of them as difficult as this trip - most of them are not direct flights into the cities but easy enough to connect. 

Can I ask where you read about the 80% thing is referenced for Belgium because I cannot find anything about that. Away fans were banned in their domestic league for violence and that was only till the end of December and another article I read from December said that professional football was not part of the covid crowd restrictions?

5 minutes ago, SchmalleyBoots said:

Can I ask where you read about the 80% thing is referenced for Belgium because I cannot find anything about that. Away fans were banned in their domestic league for violence and that was only till the end of December and another article I read from December said that professional football was not part of the covid crowd restrictions?

I've double checked with Leuven lads on here - it's 80% with away fans now 

• Like 1