Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

1 hour ago, coolcol said:

You're keen 😄. Give us the early doors 'heads up' about the place👍.

Yeh and let us know of the cash/card situation pls. I’ve never used any currency when I’ve gone to Scandinavia in the past, credit card only, and not planning to here, but never set foot outside of the capital cities. Hopefully you can get around cashless in Aarhus/Randers 

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh and let us know of the cash/card situation pls. I’ve never used any currency when I’ve gone to Scandinavia in the past, credit card only, and not planning to here, but never set foot outside of the capital cities. Hopefully you can get around cashless in Aarhus/Randers 

Aarhus you will definitely be okay, its their 2nd largest city after Copenhagen.  Randers not so sure its their Corby apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Interesting you say that. I spoke to my bank Santander, and they charge 3% on every transaction !! I am bringing Kroners to last our stay.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, djskydiver said:

Anyone else had issues with the Midttrafik app; tried to book tickets (coach/bus) from Billund to Aarhus, taken the money but didn't issue a ticket :cry:. Seems it can take 30 days for a automated refund to come through!

Yes, i gave up trying to book a ticket on the website. You can pay by card on the bus which is what i am planning to do at Billund Airport. If you show payment going out of your account for the tickets, or anything else that proves you've paid the bus company money, this may be ok

1 hour ago, coolcol said:

Interesting you say that. I spoke to my bank Santander, and they charge 3% on every transaction !! I am bringing Kroners to last our stay.

I have a Caxton card which I load up with foreign currency (mainly Euro in the past due to travels to Germany regularly, before Covid...). I can use that at banks to dra out the cash without charge (assuming the cash machine doesn't charge).

Most credit cards just charge you the exchange rate but that's normally a better rate than exchanging for cash. The credit card I have also give me points to spend on Holiday Inn hotels (the hotel group) and foreign spending gives double points.

However, I will have a mix of cash and use credit card for this trip. Cards are probably fine in 99% of cases but always good to have cash back up.

I also still have 90DKK left from Copenhagen 5 years ago! I knew I kept it for a reason...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have a Caxton card which I load up with foreign currency (mainly Euro in the past due to travels to Germany regularly, before Covid...). I can use that at banks to dra out the cash without charge (assuming the cash machine doesn't charge).

Most credit cards just charge you the exchange rate but that's normally a better rate than exchanging for cash. The credit card I have also give me points to spend on Holiday Inn hotels (the hotel group) and foreign spending gives double points.

However, I will have a mix of cash and use credit card for this trip. Cards are probably fine in 99% of cases but always good to have cash back up.

I also still have 90DKK left from Copenhagen 5 years ago! I knew I kept it for a reason...

That’s your Freddo the Frog paid for.

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Absolutely zero chance that I'm being herded into a single establishment just because I have the intention of watching a football match for a tiny part of my visit 

Totally agree, and I think Randers fans would be happy having a few   (not loads) of us in their pubs.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see the Leics Police Events twitter account is being a joker again 

I'm probably mistaken but I presume you are on about the 'away pub' information. 

I'm not quite up to date with the 'anti police bandwagon' but I don't see why people are getting so worked up?

It's not unusual to have an allocated away pub, some people do prefer to just stick with the majority and play it safe by sticking to the policed, allocated pub. 

I'm sure as adults, people are able to make a conscious decision to try and drink elsewhere, as the account suggests.

Let's be honest, the behaviour of some of the apes that follow our club at the likes of Forest, Liverpool (H), Man Utd (H), Sevilla (A), Madrid (A) & Wembley,  we haven't been the angel of a club that we all believe.

Also, like with any club, regardless of size, Randers will have their troublesome groups and with it being a relatively small place, and a big event for them, there's every chance of trouble for those looking for it, albeit not the scale of other trips.

I do understand your point, I was in Warsaw when we were tricked into a pub and then not allowed to leave, but I don't see the police account saying or suggesting anything out of the ordinary,  but since the Napoli & Warsaw events, it seems trendy to just be anti police.

Slightly odd and immature but each to their own.

• Like 1