Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2022

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Only watched bits of it, Selby looked like the best male player of the week and Mink was the best female player.

On Yee and Mink are so much better than Evans and Kenna, they might get some decent wins this season on the main tour.

Was difficult to get into overall though as a great break by one male player essentially ended the frame, probably would have been better off using Scotch rules (alternative shots by each team member rather than alternative visits to the table) but with a shot clock of 30 seconds to minimise tactical chat.

On Yee & Mink both have tour wins already this season. On Yee beat Doherty to qualify for the British Masters which is being held next week, Mink beat Mitchell Mann to qualify for the Northern Ireland Open.

As for the mixed doubles, not sure it will stick, just a market ploy to try and get more Women into the game, putting it on ITV 1 proved that.

Felt sorry for Rebecca Kenna because she had the look of someone who felt they didn't belong there. Unfortunately every time I've seen her she has looked really poor, really struggles with the pressure it seems 

Be great if we could get a really competitive female in the rankings. Hopefully Mink can be that, she seemed to have the right temperament. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Going to have to win it the hard way, trump or Allen next lol

Rob Walker is unbearably too  enthusiastic for snooker lol

I have to mute it when he comes on, so annoying.  I was reading something a week or so ago, i think it was someone who was practicing with Selby mentioning in around 20 frames Selby had hit 17 centuries including a 147....so he's continued that form.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Who's the ref? Never seen her before, asking for a friend....

Yes very nice. Her name is Proletina Velichkova. Think she's Desi's long term partner actually as she's been in a lot of her social media photos :(

Though her ref voice is a bit annoying. Goes up at the end of every score she announces. 

EuM2ryGXIAc6Cqx.jpg

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

My Norn Iron boy Allen beat your boy Selby.  Allen always seemed to have a cpuple of decent tournaments in him then disappoints during the rest of the year. He's lost a little timber too.

Bizarre why this was a lunchtime match though, snooker really does shoot itself in the foot sometimes.

Edited by Nalis