Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2022

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, The Bear said:

Always the same whenever he loses in the early rounds nowadays. 

As much as I love watching him play, he needs to stop this.

He's disrespecting and undermining those he's lost to with his ''didn't care anyway'' attitude.

It's his choice to compete and if he isn't up for it anymore he should just call it a day.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Anyone see the petrov and Gary Wilson handbags about petrov persistently going for a dump

Yes! I also watched the video of Wilson chucking his cue on the floor because Petrov trebled the pink in the middle cos he went for the double. 

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/uk-championship/2022-2023/watch-gary-wilson-toss-cue-in-frustration-as-andres-petrov-flukes-treble-on-pink-at-uk-championship_vid1773559/video.shtml

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Mark Williams out after struggling with the shits.

In his post match interview - “I went out there with a pair of boxers on, by frame three they were gone” 🤣

I've never known a player that struggles with the 2 Bob bits more than Williams lol

Doesn't help himself loading up on pints and Kebabs during most tournaments but shame he's out as he's a brilliant watch.

• Like 1

Its crszy how many players are still knocking around at the 41-48 years old bracket, not just the class of 92 (hate that phrase) but so many others like Perry, Dott, Day, Carter, Stevens, Bingham in or around the top 32. You'd think most of them would have been overtaken by the younger players and ended up at the Hendry/Doherty sort of level.

Did they all just watch snooker as young kids in the golden 80s and tried harder to emulate?

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Its crszy how many players are still knocking around at the 41-48 years old bracket, not just the class of 92 (hate that phrase) but so many others like Perry, Dott, Day, Carter, Stevens, Bingham in or around the top 32. You'd think most of them would have been overtaken by the younger players and ended up at the Hendry/Doherty sort of level.

Did they all just watch snooker as young kids in the golden 80s and tried harder to emulate?

Both Perry & Day have had random resurgences this year, Day back into the top 16 of course because of it. Rob Milkins also won a tournament this year.

You would think the players of the 90s & 00s would try and emulate the likes of Ronnie; however at this moment in time, I can’t pinpoint hardly any British players who are going to be superstars of the game, Jackson Page has the most potential imo, but he is yet to make a ranking quarter-final.

I have a feeling that the Chinese contingent will become more prevalent in the next few years, I don’t think they’ll be dominant, but you can expect to see numerous of them at the latter stages of tournaments(It’s already happening). They have the perfect building block with two fantastic Snooker academies based in Sheffield, plus they seem to be the one’s who have taken idolising the likes of Ronnie & Ding on board, and want to be the next in line.

Edited by kingfox