Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Your preferred football world

42 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

- Ditch VAR
- FA Cup semis moved away from Wembley, with replays reintroduced up to that stage (i.e. where both clubs have the chance to win a tie at home or away).
- FA Cup final to be the last game of the season, the week after league games have finished.
- League Cup to be regionalised up to the quarter-final stage, allowing for the possibility of more interesting local derbies and less travel for fans midweek.
- No more under-23 teams in the Papa John's Trophy. Let the lower league sides have their glory.
- Touchline bans for any manager whinging about the Christmas and New Year schedule.
- Champions League to be for champions only, with an expanded knockout-only Europa League (which would obvissuly be called the UEFA cup again so it'd make sense) and return of the Cup Winners' Cup.
- Introduction of the 50+1 ownership rule in England.
- Huge safe standing/terrace areas with a vibrant organised support/Ultras scene at each club.
- Football Special trains to become commonplace again, with clubs and local authorities incentivising travelling by public transport to games.
- All matchgoing fans to remember that football is to be enjoyed and that they should behave as such while watching their team.

Nailed it

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Cups - Prevent teams from the same division being drawn against each other in the earlier rounds of the league & cup. All top flight and all Championship ties are so dull.

Agree with everything but this. Wouldn't mind it in the League Cup but absolutely love seeing Premier League clubs knocking each other out early doors in the FA Cup, especially when the very biggest teams are drawn against one another and/or they're local derbies (Liverpool in particular seem to draw Everton or Man United weirdly often in the Cup).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Agree with everything but this. Wouldn't mind it in the League Cup but absolutely love seeing Premier League clubs knocking each other out early doors in the FA Cup, especially when the very biggest teams are drawn against one another and/or they're local derbies (Liverpool in particular seem to draw Everton or Man United weirdly often in the Cup).

That's a fair point but it's really dull when we draw a team we play every year.

The phrase "It's coming home" when talking about the National team's efforts to finally win something (please :fc:)  to finally fall out of use.  I have nightmares about them wheeling out Baddiel & Skinner in their bath chairs, close to death in the 2050s.

Pundits and media reporting to only refer to "City" or "United" if they have already referred to WHICH City or United they are talking about, with no prior assumption it is Manchester.

No one ever says "The Bridge" to talk about Stamford Bridge ever again.

Broadcasters to ban pundits or co-commentators who support the teams featured.

End the Saturday 3pm broadcast ban and stream all PL, Cup and European games for one subscription with one provider.

Opposition fans being allowed to sit together (like in Rugby; although understand this may not work practically with football fans).

More fan-owned clubs.

Less betting advertising, considering that there's a mass of them within stadiums.

Fans being allowed to listen to the referee's real-time decisions (again, like in Rugby).

Edited by Wymsey

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2022 at 11:12, Wymsey said:

Opposition fans being allowed to sit together (like in Rugby; although understand this may not work practically with football fans).

More fan-owned clubs.

Less betting advertising, considering that there's a mass of them within stadiums.

Fans being allowed to listen to the referee's real-time decisions (again, like in Rugby).

Not sure if Fulham still have a mixed area but I went there a few years ago with a Canadian friend who wanted to see a local match but was wary of what they heard about football crowds.

He enjoyed it, I thought it was absolutely awful atmosphere wise. Guess its horses for courses so maybe having a mixed area might work for those who want it?

Mixed crowds just works better in rugby. I've been to Ireland rugby matches in England and Wales with an Ireland shirt on cheering my head off surrounding by English and Welsh who reciprocated of course and it is ultimately a good laugh between everyone. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I think clubs should not be able to sack their mangers throughout the season. You have to stick with who you have until the end of the season. Mainly as I don’t think it’s fair on the smaller clubs who have their managers poached mid season. 

I agree with this partially but probably better to have a mid-season window where you can make a change just in case you have an absolute headcase taking you down.