Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Was/is serious... i always click unread posts when i arrive at the site... came looking for info about our next European opponent and came to this thread, didnt see which forum its in.

but hey, my fault

Ahh makes sense 

16 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Anyone else going Gatwick to Nantes on the morning of the game?

Yep - just booked that as my outbound. Still figuring out return journey plans.

Train from Nantes to Rennes looks fairly straightforward too. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's annoying how expensive it is to travel about 350 miles. I blame the French for this.

Trains are an absolute rip off there aren’t they 

I’ve never had time for them

When we went out to Marseille v Russia we were stopping at a camp site about 40 mins drive away. Campsite village  had its own railway station and they put free trains on for people going to the tournament- fantastic. It’s a shame though that they were on strike for the trains coming out of Marseille that evening. Nor could you find a taxi driver anywhere.

With 20k English knocking around, in any other country you’d have every single taxi driver out and about earning a fortune. 

Same happened up in Lens for the Wales game.

Idleness 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sucked it up and sorted travel. Return from Luton to Paris, out Thursday morning, back Friday afternoon. Also booked trains from Paris to Rennes and back. About £145 for everything which is not too bad. Luton is decent too and reasonable parking charges.

Can you give me more info mate? 
My heads swirling 😂

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Can you give me more info mate? 
My heads swirling 😂

It’s this I’m assuming?

Think we worked out it doesn’t give much time to get from CDG to the train station to get to Rennes 

0CF4ADE4-54D3-40C8-8733-9007D8B3D529.png

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

43 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sucked it up and sorted travel. Return from Luton to Paris, out Thursday morning, back Friday afternoon. Also booked trains from Paris to Rennes and back. About £145 for everything which is not too bad. Luton is decent too and reasonable parking charges.

That's not bad at all, good effort 

• Like 1

• Return Flights Gatwick - Nantes with Easy Jet. Arrive Thursday morning and leave Saturday Morning = £52.00pp
  • Train from Nantes to Rennes leaving Nantes at 12:04 and arriving in Rennes for 13:23 = £16.00pp
  • Hotel in Rennes on the Thursday night = £26.00pp
  • Train from Rennes back to Nantes Friday Morning = £16.00pp
  • Hotel in Nantes Friday night = £30.00pp

Not bad so far baring in mind both hotel's are named hotels, not hostels, and both are in the respective city centre's. (Nothing too posh though)

My biggest worry is getting from the airport to the train station in time. Flight lands at 09:55 and train is 12:04 with about a 20 minute drive between the two. Could have opted for the later train however that gets you into Rennes around 4pm as opposed to this one where you arrive at just gone 12. That's my biggest worry so far....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:
  • Return Flights Gatwick - Nantes with Easy Jet. Arrive Thursday morning and leave Saturday Morning = £52.00pp
  • Train from Nantes to Rennes leaving Nantes at 12:04 and arriving in Rennes for 13:23 = £16.00pp

Not bad so far baring in mind both hotel's are named hotels, not hostels, and both are in the respective city centre's. (Nothing too posh though)

My biggest worry is getting from the airport to the train station in time. Flight lands at 09:55 and train is 12:04 with about a 20 minute drive between the two. Could have opted for the later train however that gets you into Rennes around 4pm as opposed to this one where you arrive at just gone 12. That's my biggest worry so far....

What hotel in Rennes may I ask? This is my next task...

12 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Where you getting the train from?

CDG- Rennes  (3.5 hrs/ £80-90 return) is a different line (I think) to Paris- Rennes (1.5 hrs- £60 return) 

Can get the metro from CDG-Paris €10 per person each way which takes 50mins

Think it’s CDG- Denfert- Rochereau €10 metro

10 min walk 

Paris Montparnasse- Rennes

Thats what we’re looking at

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s this I’m assuming?

Think we worked out it doesn’t give much time to get from CDG to the train station to get to Rennes 

0CF4ADE4-54D3-40C8-8733-9007D8B3D529.png

No it's the 07:10 out and 16:15 back. Slightly more expensive than the ones you are showing. Not sure you can get to CDG from Rennes for that early flight (by train).

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What hotel in Rennes may I ask? This is my next task...

Campanile Rennes Ouest Cleunay

That's what we have gone for but it's free cancellation and pay at hotel so if something better crops up when I do more research its easily changeable.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Where you getting the train from?

CDG- Rennes  (3.5 hrs/ £80-90 return) is a different line (I think) to Paris- Rennes (1.5 hrs- £60 return) 

Can get the metro from CDG-Paris €10 per person each way which takes 50mins

Think it’s CDG- Denfert- Rochereau

Thats what we’re looking at

Yes that's it. CDG to Denfert is a metro. €12 each journey I believe. Train to Rennes is from Montparnasse. Around 1.5 hour journey. Will take a good hour from CDG to Montparnasse. Think it's a 10-15 min walk from Denfert to Montparnasse.

• Like 1