Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Cheers,  I presume we’re talking there and back in a day for £300 ?

I think I’m going to end up around the £300 mark with trains, accommodation and airport parking on top of the flights.  So hopefully sport options do a trip, I’ve emailed them to go on the mailing list.

I’ve emailed them also

Yeh, they’d do something like a flight at 8am to Rennes, probably include transfers to town centre. Coach to pick up after the game outside the stadium and straight back to the airport. 

I’ve used them a few times with England- Even Kiev was only a 24 hour job. Ideal for those with few holidays, or locations that are a pain to get to

• Like 3

Anyone familiar with the ferry timetables? Le derby Normand, Le Havre-Caen, is on the Saturday at 2pm so trying to work out how to get back in time for Brentford on Sunday but can’t get my head around it

edit: and hopefully see the next Mahrez haha 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2022/jan/28/le-havre-french-club-world-class-footballers-pogba-mahrez-payet

Also looking at Laval who play at home on on the Friday

Edited by Harboro

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That sounds like a massive pain in the boll0cks. Wouldn’t a flight be quicker and overall cheaper? Less fun tho, I’ve been on that ferry and had a night out in newhaven, good laugh 

Depends, the flights seem to be from Manchester, Gatwick or Stansted which is a minimum 2 hour drive. Then there's getting from Nantes or the outskirts of Paris to Rennes which is a get hours minimum when you factor in getting from the airport. 

All in all flights would usually be my choice but France is always tempting to drive and it'll be my old boy driving whilst I get garried.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s an hour drive from the closest main airport (Nantes) and even drivable from the UK, is it really that tricky?

Neither was Randers tbf. The fact there’s still a return flight from Manchester at a decent price tells you all need to know. Baffled people trying to go via Paris or by the ferry with that option available 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Neither was Randers tbf. The fact there’s still a return flight from Manchester at a decent price tells you all need to know. Baffled people trying to go via Paris or by the ferry with that option available 

Yeah agreed mate, Northern France is literally the second easiest away tie we could ever have in Europe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

@Mods can this be renamed something like "Rennes away Travel plans"

I entered looking for chat about the game etc.

Thanks

Not sure if thats a serious post or not?

Its in the ticket & travel section, first clue as to what the thread may be about.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Not sure if thats a serious post or not?

Its in the ticket & travel section, first clue as to what the thread may be about.

Was/is serious... i always click unread posts when i arrive at the site... came looking for info about our next European opponent and came to this thread, didnt see which forum its in.

but hey, my fault

• Like 1