Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/september/stade-rennais-v-spurs-travel-advice/

Dont want to be alarming here (ignore the covid stuff) but the local police pulled this out on Spurs 36 hours before kick off. The French police have a track record of doing this out travelling supporters including French clubs. I haven’t read whether Celtic or Arsenal were similar when they travelled. 

Ticket collection point as well literally at the ground doesn’t sound great 

Looks like the hotel I booked would be perfect location if the above happens for us as it is where the recommended drinking area is.

Seems very OTT but doesn't shock me with France. A place I wouldn't choose for a holiday/break. Not sure if the Covid situation intensified the police response.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/september/stade-rennais-v-spurs-travel-advice/

Dont want to be alarming here (ignore the covid stuff) but the local police pulled this out on Spurs 36 hours before kick off. The French police have a track record of doing this out travelling supporters including French clubs. I haven’t read whether Celtic or Arsenal were similar when they travelled. 

Ticket collection point as well literally at the ground doesn’t sound great 

Ridiculous how you can’t be allowed in certain parts of the city. Let’s just hope that was because of COVID reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s ridiculous pricing IMO. There’s the premium of ease but fcuk me 

I don’t think it’s too bad to be honest I’m not going to be that far off then when you add everything up.

They have left it a bit late for our game now. I can’t see them getting enough interest as most have made arrangements.

18 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t think it’s too bad to be honest I’m not going to be that far off then when you add everything up.

They have left it a bit late for our game now. I can’t see them getting enough interest as most have made arrangements.

Il only be spending 300 tops and that included spendo and 2 nights there.

That's a crazy price when you still need to pay for everything else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So for going out to France it looks like all you need is evidence of vaccination and this sworn statement thing?

And for coming back you just need to do a PLF?

That’s how I read it. It’s a bit unclear in mid March how their vaccine passport will work to gain access into bars, restaurants but at the moment you’d require full vaccination for entry to those venues too. 

Full vaccination is considered as follows:- 

Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.

It’s very unclear where proof of recovery sits though 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TC1884 said:

It's not,  it's adding up to about that now door to door, and it'll be quicker for most. 

That’s the price for solely a flight and transfer into the city. 

By comparison if a West Ham fan was doing that independently. You can still get direct flights to Seville from London for those dates today and make the game for £190. Plus the price of transfer between Sevilla airport and city x 2. That’s nowhere near £319 or £339. 

My travel to Rennes is going to cost me:- 

£25 flight 

£18 transfer to Nantes x2 

£32 train to Rennes x2 

£75.

Admittedly I come back Saturday but the flight to come back Friday would have made it £45 return flight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s the price for solely a flight and transfer into the city. 

By comparison if a West Ham fan was doing that independently. You can still get direct flights to Seville from London for those dates today and make the game for £190. Plus the price of transfer between Sevilla airport and city x 2. That’s nowhere near £319 or £339. 

My travel to Rennes is going to cost me:- 

£25 flight 

£18 transfer to Nantes x2 

£32 train to Rennes x2 

£75.

Admittedly I come back Saturday but the flight to come back Friday would have made it £45 return flight. 

You have got to pay for accommodation for how many nights you’re there as well. No other flights will get you there and back in 24 hours.

It depends what you want from the trip really. Being self employed going with sport options would mean I only need to take 1 day off rather than 3. So to me paying £300 for the trip would be worth it.

Like I say it depends what suits you

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£190 from Gatwick using EasyJet - still cheaper than Sports Options. 

Everyone knows the score with the airlines/European cup draws, you’ve gotta be keen. 

Plus return fuel, parking and trains. Not much in it. 

Seen us 10 times in Europe.  That's keen enough.  I am due to fly to Borneo on the 14th, until I know whether I can or can't go I can't book, otherwise it would have been in the bag whilst I was still in Denmark. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£190 from Gatwick using EasyJet - still cheaper than Sports Options. 

Everyone knows the score with the airlines/European cup draws, you’ve gotta be keen. 

Happy to pay a premium to have the ability to decide to go last minute but even so, i think £330 odd for a day basically on a plane is punching it. But it does work perfectly and is a good option if you don’t have the time for a few days leave 

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I HAVE to be back on the Friday in good order. So £330 out and back from East Mids if it happens via S.O. is an absolute winner. Not sure it will though as all the cool kids have already made plans.

Don't have much interest in spending loads of time in France, because it is France.

1 hour ago, TC1884 said:

Seen us 10 times in Europe.  That's keen enough.  I am due to fly to Borneo on the 14th, until I know whether I can or can't go I can't book, otherwise it would have been in the bag whilst I was still in Denmark. 

10 times? So that's basically everymatch going back to Madrid 97 less Moscow? Fair play mate. 👍

On 26/02/2022 at 21:51, Killiefox said:

Eurostar on the day of the game leaving London 09:25 to Paris Garde du Nord, Metro to Monparnese and TVG to Rennes arrive 15:25 leave Rennes Friday 11:25 back to Paris and Eurostar back arriving London 15:25 easy trip I have done this several times and much easier than flights.

This is a good shout for a train option. Think I'll do this if there is no charter flight from EMA. Clashes with peak time London prices but heyho.

1 hour ago, TC1884 said:

That’s my point though why Sports Options is so expensive, none of that is included. So you are paying in reality about £400 for a day trip. 

It’s not a criticism of anyone’s plans at all. Just that £310 to £330 for a return flight and transfer coach only is way ott. Understand it’s a must do for those who can only have one day off 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1