Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes that's it. CDG to Denfert is a metro. €12 each journey I believe. Train to Rennes is from Montparnasse. Around 1.5 hour journey. Will take a good hour from CDG to Montparnasse. Think it's a 10-15 min walk from Denfert to Montparnasse.

That’s what we make it

Land at CDG 0930 

Train from Montparsse to Rennes at1056 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

That’s what we make it

Land at CDG 0930 

Train from Montparsse to Rennes at1056 

We went for the 12:15 train just in case of delays. 10:56 sounds like heart attack central.

Was the cheapest one of the late morning/lunch options too.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

How?

Ive looked at so many I’m not sure what’s viable for me and in particular my bloody Ascot mate anymore 

Some posted flying from Birmingham to nantes, via Paris, when you can fly from Birmingham to Rennes via Paris...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:
  • Return Flights Gatwick - Nantes with Easy Jet. Arrive Thursday morning and leave Saturday Morning = £52.00pp
  • Train from Nantes to Rennes leaving Nantes at 12:04 and arriving in Rennes for 13:23 = £16.00pp
  • Hotel in Rennes on the Thursday night = £26.00pp
  • Train from Rennes back to Nantes Friday Morning = £16.00pp
  • Hotel in Nantes Friday night = £30.00pp

Not bad so far baring in mind both hotel's are named hotels, not hostels, and both are in the respective city centre's. (Nothing too posh though)

My biggest worry is getting from the airport to the train station in time. Flight lands at 09:55 and train is 12:04 with about a 20 minute drive between the two. Could have opted for the later train however that gets you into Rennes around 4pm as opposed to this one where you arrive at just gone 12. That's my biggest worry so far....

Is the train station in Nantes a taxi journey from the airport ?

• Like 1

I am flying into Paris CDG Wednesday evening from Manchester, staying near Montparnasse.
Then 1056 train to Rennes on Thursday morning, stay in Rennes before train/flight back on Friday. 

Train slightly more expensive from Paris than going via Nantes, but all in my return journey is about £120. 

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Campanile Rennes Ouest Cleunay

That's what we have gone for but it's free cancellation and pay at hotel so if something better crops up when I do more research its easily changeable.

That’s where we’ve booked. Doesn’t look to bad and decent location

• Like 1

If you're going from Nantes to Rennes via train, you don't need to book your tickets in advance as it is a regional train (TER) and prices are done by distance. If you're buying tickets from the station you have to validate your ticket first (there's little yellow machines you punch your ticket into) or you can download the SNCF Connect app and buy an e-ticket on their.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

Hi All,

A good friend of mine is from Nantes and he recommends John McByrne Irish pub as the best/safe place to have a few beers.

Also,heads up at night as recently there is some smaller groups going around robbing late at night so keep together and use a taxi late at night if going home alone.

I have wrote to 1/2 Bus companies regarding a price and if they will accept us.

Anyone interested in a return day trip from Nantes on St.Patricks day 🍺🍀 for the game send me a PM!

You knocked naples out the park considering the police situ, so I'd defo be down for this. Beats a late sketchy train covering my colours 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

Hi All,

A good friend of mine is from Nantes and he recommends John McByrne Irish pub as the best/safe place to have a few beers.

Also,heads up at night as recently there is some smaller groups going around robbing late at night so keep together and use a taxi late at night if going home alone.

Anyone interested in a return day trip from Nantes on St.Patricks day 🍺🍀 for the game send me a PM!

Would definitely be interested, have dropped you a PM!

Hotels booked in Nantes and Rennes (no upfront and free cancellations) so easy to sort whatever happens with this

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

Hi All,

Have PM’d you, thanks 

• Like 1

Eurostar on the day of the game leaving London 09:25 to Paris Garde du Nord, Metro to Monparnese and TVG to Rennes arrive 15:25 leave Rennes Friday 11:25 back to Paris and Eurostar back arriving London 15:25 easy trip I have done this several times and much easier than flights.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/september/stade-rennais-v-spurs-travel-advice/

Dont want to be alarming here (ignore the covid stuff) but the local police pulled this out on Spurs 36 hours before kick off. The French police have a track record of doing this out travelling supporters including French clubs. I haven’t read whether Celtic or Arsenal were similar when they travelled. 

Ticket collection point as well literally at the ground doesn’t sound great 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Sad 1