Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

So, to clarify, is this correct?

● Entering France;

Must be double jabbed.

● Entering Hospitality / Football;

Must be double jabbed & Booster within 9 months.

I Cant seem to find any 'idiot proof' guidance. Most pages seem to say that your booster must be within the 9 months of the 2nd jab.

I had my booster in November, so I am 'hoping' I'll be okay regardless however I think there will be a lot of disappointed people who have booked flights and won't even be able to enter the country - or, who will enter the country and not be allowed in any pubs, bars, restaurants or stadiums.

Way I’ve read it is, as long as you have your booster you a fine, no matter when it was.

The timing only applies to 2nd doses. 

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

So, to clarify, is this correct?

● Entering France;

Must be double jabbed.

● Entering Hospitality / Football;

Must be double jabbed & Booster within 9 months.

I Cant seem to find any 'idiot proof' guidance. Most pages seem to say that your booster must be within the 9 months of the 2nd jab.

I had my booster in November, so I am 'hoping' I'll be okay regardless however I think there will be a lot of disappointed people who have booked flights and won't even be able to enter the country - or, who will enter the country and not be allowed in any pubs, bars, restaurants or stadiums.

Its 4 months not 9 for the booster to get access to stadiums and bars.

58 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

4 months after dose 2 not the booster, everywhere I’ve seen confirms there is not any time limit on boosters yet. 

41 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

That can't be right. People don't have to go for boosters every 4 months.

It's hard to see it in black and white but it would make sense that way. Having boosters every 4 months would be overkill.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's hard to see it in black and white but it would make sense that way. Having boosters every 4 months would be overkill.

I heard about a 4th jab ( second booster) being offered now.... Just to confuse things.

5 minutes ago, coolcol said:

I heard about a 4th jab ( second booster) being offered now.... Just to confuse things.

That's the problem, the wording of "booster". If they said, 3 jabs (unlimited timeframe) or 2 jabs with the last only up to 4 months ago, it would be much easier. By saying booster it is not clear if they mean you need a "booster" every 4 months, or if they mean having had a third dose.

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

That can't be right. People don't have to go for boosters every 4 months.

Im not saying they have to have a booster every 4 months. It's basically as simple as this. You have dose 2. That lasts for 4 months. if you havent had your booster when you get to the 4 month point you are no longer allowed into French bars, stadiums etc. As soon as you have had your booster you can do what you want

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SchmalleyBoots said:

Im not saying they have to have a booster every 4 months. It's basically as simple as this. You have dose 2. That lasts for 4 months. if you havent had your booster when you get to the 4 month point you are no longer allowed into French bars, stadiums etc. As soon as you have had your booster you can do what you want

That makes more sense, I'm with you now.

I misunderstood what you meant, my'bad.

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I have a mate in one of the ski resorts at the moment and they say checks are cursory at best getting into venues. Obviously they haven’t had any income for a while. Wonder if it will be different in the larger cities 

English fans in a big city? I wouldn't hold my breathe. Another excuse to keep riff raff out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

English fans in a big city? I wouldn't hold my breathe. Another excuse to keep riff raff out.

Can certainly see them enforcing a city centre ban - they constantly do it to French travelling support apparently. However the street/area they told Spurs fans to go actually looks very nice if the weather is good 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

10 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Decided to sack off my flights and book with sport options instead. Hopefully they get enough take up for it to go ahead.

Manage to get any refund or just taken the hit on the cost?

Debating it myself, do they take payments upfront or have to wait until it is confirmed?

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Manage to get any refund or just taken the hit on the cost?

Debating it myself, do they take payments upfront or have to wait until it is confirmed?

Just took a hit on them. They were only £24 so not fussed. If your flights are with Ryanair you may be able to get a refund but there is a cancellation fee which is about £50 I think. I may of misread that though.

Sport options take the money up front and refund you if it doesn’t go ahead.

Edited by Lcfc82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Just took a hit on them. They were only £24 so not fussed. If you’re flights are with Ryanair you may be able to get a refund but there is a cancellation fee which is about £50 I think. I may of misread that though.

Sport options take the money up front and refund you if it doesn’t go ahead.

For yourself and anyone going with Sport Options, just messaged them about it!

Just binned off my own flights and booked with them as well

image.png.86ea3c19b6a51b7046e9388b5a5fca84.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got a couple of flights with Ryanair that I’m not using if anyone wants them:

Stansted to Nantes 14:35 on Wednesday 16th March

Nantes to Stansted 17:25 on Friday 18th March 

Annoyingly they’re on separate bookings so the Ryanair name change fee (which I think is £45) would apply twice I believe. I’m going to do the Sport Option trip to save the annual leave which is why I’m not using them.

Given you’ll have to pay the name change fee, I don’t need any money for the flights - would just prefer they can be used and that someone who might otherwise have been priced out gets the chance to see Leicester away in Europe!

Drop me a message if you want to explore further.

EDIT: I’ve subsequently found out the Ryanair name change fee is actually £115 per flight thanks to @one F in Fox!

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer